Me and my family's relationship

_Kai_ Β  Β 

Okay so I was talking to one of my cats a couple weeks ago because I was trying to train him not to bite and scratch, and my mom said "Do you ever shut up?!". So now I just haven't been able to talk to her as much because I keep getting flash backs from when she said that and she looked really mad too. Also I over heard my oldest sister talking to my parents the other day about how she thinks the whole LGBTQ+ community is wrong and just confused...I did not like hearing that because I opened up to her a couple weeks before that about me being Bi...and to make it even worse my brother (he's a year younger than me) a few days ago even said that they're all weird and messed up in the head..I also opened up to him before that..so I think I'm just gonna keep things to myself from now on....

3 hours ago, lKail said:

Okay so I was talking to one of my cats a couple weeks ago because I was trying to train him not to bite and scratch, and my mom said "Do you ever shut up?!". So now I just haven't been able to talk to her as much because I keep getting flash backs from when she said that and she looked really mad too. Also I over heard my oldest sister talking to my parents the other day about how she thinks the whole LGBTQ+ community is wrong and just confused...I did not like hearing that because I opened up to her a couple weeks before that about me being Bi...and to make it even worse my brother (he's a year younger than me) a few days ago even said that they're all weird and messed up in the head..I also opened up to him before that..so I think I'm just gonna keep things to myself from now on....

Hey there,

This sounds like a really tricky situation. To open up about your sexuality takes a lot of courage, and to then hear your siblings say this kind of thing must be really hurtful. How are you feeling about it? Also, it sounds like you were scared when your mum responded to you in the way she did; is that true?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Yeah tbh I was a bit scared when she said it. Also I just can't believe that my siblings said that stuff..like I opened up to them and they just..it hurt my feelings a bit..ngl

21 hours ago, lKail said:

Yeah tbh I was a bit scared when she said it. Also I just can't believe that my siblings said that stuff..like I opened up to them and they just..it hurt my feelings a bit..ngl

Hey there,

Yeah, I completely get why your feelings are hurt by what they said, both your mom and siblings. I'm wondering, have you spoken to them yet about how you're feeling? If so, how did it go?

I haven't, I usually just keep feeling stuff to myself.

How does it work out for you when you keep it to yourself? What are the positives and negatives?Β 

Well the positives is that people can't use stuff against me when their mad, and the negatives are that I get very emotional when thinking about it.

13 hours ago, lKail said:

Well the positives is that people can't use stuff against me when their mad, and the negatives are that I get very emotional when thinking about it.

Hey there,

I'm wondering, how does it feel after you've shared how you're feeling with someone else?

Well it honestly feels wonderful TwT

11 hours ago, lKail said:

Well it honestly feels wonderful TwT

Hey,

That's good, and I thought this would be the case. Maybe there might be more room for sharing when you're struggling in future?Β 

There could/might be, I just gotta trust the person I'm telling enough.

21 hours ago, lKail said:

There could/might be, I just gotta trust the person I'm telling enough.

Hey there,

Yeah, that sense of trust is so important. Who would you say you trust the most at the moment?

Well tbh I like fully trust my best friend, like I would trust her with my life ngl.Β  :^

18 hours ago, lKail said:

Well tbh I like fully trust my best friend, like I would trust her with my life ngl.Β  :^

Hey,

That's good, and it might be that the next time you're struggling with something, you can open up to her. What do you think? :)Β 

Yeah I could/might :3

Well it feels kinda good/great.

16 hours ago, lKail said:

Well it feels kinda good/great.

That's good to hear and it sounds like you're ready to take that next step :)

Have you thought any more about speaking with your family about how you're feeling?Β 

Not really, I don't wanna bother anyone just for me to speak about that stuff.

3 hours ago, lKail said:

Not really, I don't wanna bother anyone just for me to speak about that stuff.

Hey,

Your feeling are important though, and these experiences have really stuck with you and had an impact, haven't they? What's the worst that could happen by opening up to them?Β 

Well they could look at me diff cuz of the stuff I do open up about, or just simply not care

9 hours ago, lKail said:

Well they could look at me diff cuz of the stuff I do open up about, or just simply not care

And if they do look at you differently, would that be a good or bad thing, or both? Even if it is a bad thing, how much do you think it would impact your life?Β 

I feel like it could be both, if it would be a bad thing than I feel like it could possibly impact my life a little? If so I don't know how cuz it hasn't happened.

15 hours ago, lKail said:

I feel like it could be both, if it would be a bad thing than I feel like it could possibly impact my life a little? If so I don't know how cuz it hasn't happened.

I'm wondering them, what do you think some of the positives and negatives might be?Β 

Okay so I forgot to mention this last time, my dad said one of the reasons why I couldn't get a "boy" style haircut was because people would look at me and my family weird, and he said people might make fun of me at my new school.Β  -__-Β  Like WhAt-?