i have a question.

laura132    

Helo Laura,

Thank you for telling me more about how things are going for you at the moment. It sounds like things are bubbling up for you right now, and I'm wondering, have you been speaking about traumatic things in therapy? I thought I'd ask because speaking about these kinds of things can bring all of those negative memories and difficult feelings back to the front of our minds. What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey,

I’m sorry to hear that you were in an abusive relationship. I know I’ve pretty much said this already, but I’m glad that you’re going to therapy because being in a negative relationship can have an impact on our self esteem and mental health, and I hope that your sessions are providing you with a safe space to talk through things. How are you feeling now that you are out of the relationship? Also, have you spoken to your therapist about how you feel like the PTSD is getting worse as well as your dreams? If so, what did they say? 

Hello @laura132

How are you feeling at the moment? I'm curious to know, are you feeling horrible in general after your therapy sessions? I said this earlier as well, but I think that for a lot of people, when they talk about negative events in therapy, it can be quite emotional and often brings all of those difficult feelings back to the surface. I'm wondering, what kinds of things do you normally do to help yourself when you're feeling low like this? 

Hello @laura132

Yeah, it's interesting that you get defensive in therapy and close off your emotions. Do you think this is because you have trouble trusting people, or is it because of something else? 

Hey,

How are you feeling today? I think a lot of people can struggle with trust in therapy, but it's good to remember that therapists are trained professionals who only have to pass on information if they are concerned about your safety or that of others. Can I ask, in what way do you not trust them?