This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Tw: Abuse. What things did your parents do/did to you that passed off as normal for you.

Stormy_Skies    
Go to solution Solved by richerez,

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Click this notice to reveal the content.

1) threatening to smack me so hard that I’d be injured, have all my teeth smacked out, etc

2) being slapped in the first place

3) instead of talking or giving reasonable punishments, yelling and increasing punishments when I say anything at all.

4) getting slapped for grades 

5) when they’re mad, saying anything is backtalk 

6) expecting an A in everything all the time or else I’m a failure. A is passing, anything else is not.

what about you guys? What passed for normal?

Edited by Daisie

Hello @Stormy_Skies

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I am really sorry to hear more about how things are at home for you. I can't imagine how this must feel for you, but I'm glad that you feel safe enough to open up more here. I will continue to support you via message too, and I hope that our other members here are able to offer you support for what you're currently going through. We are all here for you, Stormy. 

• Thanks 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• Solution

hey @Stormy_Skies

ahhh, sorry to hear they treat u like this 😕

my mum n dad used to do similar things to me as well. we are from pakistan and its sooo normal to do that here, so I didnt wanna tell ppl... but I did and its all sorted now. was scary as hell, but so glad I did it. have u told anyone that could help 

Edited by richerez

On 7/10/2021 at 3:19 PM, richerez said:

hey @Stormy_Skies

ahhh, sorry to hear they treat u like this 😕

my mum n dad used to do similar things to me as well. we are from pakistan and its sooo normal to do that here, so I didnt wanna tell ppl... but I did and its all sorted now. was scary as hell, but so glad I did it. have u told anyone that could help 

Hello @richerez

I am glad to hear that you told someone in the end and that it's better for you now. Can I ask, do you feel like you're safe at home then? I'm guessing from what you've said that you are, but I just wanted to check. 

4 hours ago, Cherophobic said:

Some of the things you listed above relate to me too, but because i grew up thinking it was normal, i got mad at myself and felt guilty for being mad at them for it. I felt ungrateful and hated myself , like at least i wasn't severely abused. It's gets confusing sometimes and very.. I dont know. Does this make sense? im writing this very haphazardly sorry.

Hello @Cherophobic

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us here at the Ditch the Label community. I am sorry to hear that you have experienced some of the things that Stormy listed. I just want to let you know that we are here to support you. I have send you a private message just to check if you are safe or not. I hope to hear back from you soon. We care about you here at Ditch the Label. 

• 3 weeks later...

I went through the same...I can feel you and i am in this with you...last year my mother kicked me in my private parts and i was bedridden.. My father also beat me often...they hate me and don't  like me..I am in depression... All i can say if things go out of hand you can take professional help...

5 hours ago, Naina said:

I went through the same...I can feel you and i am in this with you...last year my mother kicked me in my private parts and i was bedridden.. My father also beat me often...they hate me and don't  like me..I am in depression... All i can say if things go out of hand you can take professional help...

Hello Naina. Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm going to message you privately if that's ok? I just want to check in and see if you're safe or not and then go from there. Take care. We are here for you.