Why am I ugly

Bri28    

Hi, it's pretty downing recently specially when someone told you you're ugly and it came from a family member of yours. Ever since highschool I've been teased about my appearance and how much acne I have on my face and they would laugh at me, some would directly tell me that I am ugly. It's making me anxious whenever I like someone, I always think I'm too bad for her and there's always someone good looking who might came in between us and they'll just leave me. It's hard you know, I can't do much of a thing about it. Sometimes I just want to disappear, or reset my life. I can't find my purpose anymore on this world.

Hello @Bri28

Welcome to Ditch the Label. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give support to those who reach out to us. I'm sorry to har that you have been feeling down on yourself and anxious. I just want to say that it's great that you've opened up about this. By reaching out to people, you open up your mind to new possibilities and getting yourself to where you want to be. This is the beginning. 

Before I give you more support for how you're feeling about your appearance, I just want to say that I'm concerned for your wellbeing after some of the things you said, and I just want to check, are you feeling suicidal? I might be wrong, but I think it's better safe than sorry. If you are feeling this way, just know that we are here for you and you can talk to us about absolutely anything. We can all pull ourselves out of a dark time like this, and I know you can too. You've got this. Stay safe and speak soon.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 1 month later...

I know exactly how you feel.... I'm a big ghurl..so like I always get bullied or people just make comments. I try to act hard and act like i don't mind but to be honest it hurts, it hurts alot. i will never forget the day my aunt said i won't be able to see my kids cause of my weight. After her saying that it really had me thinking, looks like imma die early. but I really like my appearance even though people's comments have put my esteem real low ......

4 hours ago, Reina said:

I know exactly how you feel.... I'm a big ghurl..so like I always get bullied or people just make comments. I try to act hard and act like i don't mind but to be honest it hurts, it hurts alot. i will never forget the day my aunt said i won't be able to see my kids cause of my weight. After her saying that it really had me thinking, looks like imma die early. but I really like my appearance even though people's comments have put my esteem real low ......

Hello Reina. I saw your other comment which I've replied to, but I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing? I saw what you said about dying early, and I just want to check if you're okay or not? 

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, cyutie18 said:

if everyone says something negative about my appearance then im pretty sure its obvious that i look rly ugly.

and i am sad bc everyone thinks im ugly 

Hey @cyutie18

It's really hard to to believe people who think and say that we are something negative. However, a lot of the time, people just say such negative things, even though they don't believe it, such as those who are bullying others. Do you think that those who think you're ugly actually mean it?