murder mystery?

swiftie_am_i? Β  Β 

any good murder mystery books for middle school (6-8th grade)Β 

• Digital Mentor

It's not exactly a murder mystery, but it is a really good mystery book that I've read myself and really enjoyed.

The Goldfish Boy - Lisa ThompsonΒ 

Lisa Thompson has made more middle school age appropriate mystery novels that have received good reviews, but I've only read the Goldfish Boy and I thought it was really good 😊

Staff-Account.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 3:08 PM, swiftie_am_i? said:

Mm good question. There is a murder mystery series called Daisy's Tea Garden Mysteries which I read when I was probably in middle school and found they weren't too bad. If you're looking for chill murder mysteries that are slightly cliche and follow Daisy's (the main character) life, then that might be a good choice.

The Mister Max series by Cynthia Voigt is mystery, although not technically murder. I enjoyed that series quite a bit.

The Westing Game isn't too bad either...I didn't particularly enjoy that but I read it to see what it was like.

The Blackthorn Key is another series--my younger brother in middle school really likes that one.

Those are all that I can think of right now. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 4:27 PM, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

Mm good question. There is a murder mystery series called Daisy's Tea Garden Mysteries which I read when I was probably in middle school and found they weren't too bad. If you're looking for chill murder mysteries that are slightly cliche and follow Daisy's (the main character) life, then that might be a good choice.

The Mister Max series by Cynthia Voigt is mystery, although not technically murder. I enjoyed that series quite a bit.

The Westing Game isn't too bad either...I didn't particularly enjoy that but I read it to see what it was like.

The Blackthorn Key is another series--my younger brother in middle school really likes that one.

Those are all that I can think of right now. Hope this helps!

thanks!Β 

• Digital Mentor
On 1/4/2024 at 8:08 PM, swiftie_am_i? said:

Heyy @swiftie_am_i?, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with DTL. Here are a few suggestions from my end:Β 

• "The Mysterious Benedict Society" by Trenton Lee Stewart

• "One of Us is Lying" by Karen M. McManus

• "Holes" by Louis Sachar

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Luie said:

Heyy @swiftie_am_i?, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with DTL. Here are a few suggestions from my end:Β 

• "The Mysterious Benedict Society" by Trenton Lee Stewart

• "One of Us is Lying" by Karen M. McManus

• "Holes" by Louis Sachar

Read all of those, they were SO GOOD

Γ—
Γ—