I’m halfway done with the Mark of Athena and I’m scared to finish HoO. Does anyone else on here feel like talking about pjo so I don’t cry when it’s over?

• Digital Mentor
On 7/10/2023 at 4:00 AM, TinyDinos said:

I’m halfway done with the Mark of Athena and I’m scared to finish HoO. Does anyone else on here feel like talking about pjo so I don’t cry when it’s over?

I haven't read the books but I can totally relate to not wanting to finish a book and feeling sad about it. Sometimes, when I finish reading a book, it feels like I have to say goodbye to good friends because I've become so drawn into a story and it's as if I no longer get to hang out with the characters. 

Staff-Account.png

8 hours ago, Aurora said:

I haven't read the books but I can totally relate to not wanting to finish a book and feeling sad about it. Sometimes, when I finish reading a book, it feels like I have to say goodbye to good friends because I've become so drawn into a story and it's as if I no longer get to hang out with the characters. 

Yeah that how I’m feeling. I did some research and I have a bunch more books apparently but I’m still sad. My mom and I like to read YA fiction together so we have something to talk about and she found a good series too so I’ll have reading material .

• Digital Mentor
On 7/11/2023 at 5:40 PM, TinyDinos said:

Yeah that how I’m feeling. I did some research and I have a bunch more books apparently but I’m still sad. My mom and I like to read YA fiction together so we have something to talk about and she found a good series too so I’ll have reading material .

I get that. Although it's nice to hear that there are a bunch more books. I also find that I get really excited when one of my favourite authors brings out a new book but then I often don't want to start it as I'm already thinking about not wanting to finish it 🙃. That's really nice that you and your mom read it together!! What's the new series she found? 

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

I get that. Although it's nice to hear that there are a bunch more books. I also find that I get really excited when one of my favourite authors brings out a new book but then I often don't want to start it as I'm already thinking about not wanting to finish it 🙃. That's really nice that you and your mom read it together!! What's the new series she found? 

It’s called the Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater and we just picked it up randomly looking for something new to read. She went into it blind and loves the series. She can’t wait for me to start reading it :)

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, TinyDinos said:

It’s called the Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater and we just picked it up randomly looking for something new to read. She went into it blind and loves the series. She can’t wait for me to start reading it :)

I've heard of that series - it's meant to be really good! It's so nice that you and your mom do this together. Do you enjoy having this time together with your mom? 

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

I've heard of that series - it's meant to be really good! It's so nice that you and your mom do this together. Do you enjoy having this time together with your mom? 

Yeah I do. It’s a nice way to bond and carve out some quality time with her doing something we both like <3

• Digital Mentor
On 7/14/2023 at 3:58 PM, TinyDinos said:

Yeah I do. It’s a nice way to bond and carve out some quality time with her doing something we both like <3

That sounds really nice 🙂. Can I ask, how would you describe your relationship with your mom? 

Staff-Account.png

I’ve always wanted to continue reading PJO! I read part of it when I was younger but then dropped it for some reason…but I recently got quite a few pjo and HOO books just by going to thrift stores! (I’m making it a mission of mine to collect the entire series of HOO and PJO by thrift shop alone.)

On 7/17/2023 at 3:16 AM, Aurora said:

That sounds really nice 🙂. Can I ask, how would you describe your relationship with your mom? 

I think it’s pretty cool. She’s really my best friend, and I love her so much. I just can’t really talk about certain things because she doesn’t always agree and I’d rather avoid confrontation. She’s the best though and I’m super grateful to have her during all of the stuff w my bio dad

26 minutes ago, Coyotea said:

I’ve always wanted to continue reading PJO! I read part of it when I was younger but then dropped it for some reason…but I recently got quite a few pjo and HOO books just by going to thrift stores! (I’m making it a mission of mine to collect the entire series of HOO and PJO by thrift shop alone.)

Aw nice :)

I got a hardcover first print of The Lost Hero through thrifting

• Yaaas 1

13 minutes ago, TinyDinos said:

Aw nice :)

I got a hardcover first print of The Lost Hero through thrifting

Nice! I got the mark of Athena, the blood of Olympus, the lightning thief, and the Titans curse all in the same day, it was great lol

• Yaaas 1