New Crush: What do I do now

Madeleine_357    

• Digital Mentor
11 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

Yeah it would make sense... the signs just don't add up. The other day I was on delivered and I've now been on opened for the past couple days, meanwhile my friend and I were at my locker and he was at the lockers a few lockers down with some people, and my friend was watching him. She said that he leaned against the lockers and was staring at me while his friend was trying to talk to him. All these signs aren't adding up. 

I think I will try to smile or say hi or something, but all the signals are confusing me

It sounds like he is too shy to actually approach you properly - whether online or in school. Maybe he also wants you to know that he is watching you by making sure your friends catch him looking at you?

Staff-Account.png

10 hours ago, Duckie said:

It sounds like he is too shy to actually approach you properly - whether online or in school. Maybe he also wants you to know that he is watching you by making sure your friends catch him looking at you?

ok so I tried to make a move and it backfired majorly and majorly embarrassed me so I'm done

• Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

ok so I tried to make a move and it backfired majorly and majorly embarrassed me so I'm done

Oh dear. What happened? So sorry to hear that it backfired. Did you go with saying hi to him or did you take a bigger step?

Staff-Account.png

10 hours ago, Duckie said:

Oh dear. What happened? So sorry to hear that it backfired. Did you go with saying hi to him or did you take a bigger step?

I was on delivered for like 4 weeks. A few days ago I realized I was on opened. I asked my friends if, to start some sort of conversation, it would be weird if I said, "opened is crazy" and see what would happen. My one friends, S, said that it would be a good move to make if I wanted something to happen, because it would make it more obvious. No one thought it would be weird. I texted him that on snap. He replied the next morning with, "who r u". Excuse me sir, wdym who are you? 

I'm in a gc with some people who were in my group for my drama culminating. This guy, J will be his name, tagged me in the gc, sent a video of watermelons phone showing the conversation, and said "Maddy, why did my friend send me this?" In the gc. He could have texted me privately about it, but no. 

I panicked and my friends and I figured it was best to just play it off, so I texted watermelon back and said "shit sorry I sent that to the wrong person" he said "cap" and took a screenshot. I didn't reply. I said in the gc, "I sent it to the wrong person." No one replied. 

I'm kinda done with him at the moment. Thankfully yesterday was a half day so I didn't have to suffer the whole day. 

I'm just embarrassed because I made a move on a guy I thought liked me and it backfired and then J made me feel stupid for it.

That, and I also have confused feelings for another guy who is also in this gc. (he's also sending me mixed signals) The first time I snapped him after the incident, he opened the snap and didn't reply. Idk if he was expecting me to say "opened is crazy" to him too or not, but I didn't say anything just in case it was a trap from J to embarrass me further. He still had me on opened this morning, so I just sent him another snap. He snapped me back not too long afterwards.

I honestly don't know what's happening anymore, but I am honestly wondering where all the good guys in my generation are at.

• Digital Mentor
On 1/26/2024 at 10:03 PM, Madeleine_357 said:

I was on delivered for like 4 weeks. A few days ago I realized I was on opened. I asked my friends if, to start some sort of conversation, it would be weird if I said, "opened is crazy" and see what would happen. My one friends, S, said that it would be a good move to make if I wanted something to happen, because it would make it more obvious. No one thought it would be weird. I texted him that on snap. He replied the next morning with, "who r u". Excuse me sir, wdym who are you? 

I'm in a gc with some people who were in my group for my drama culminating. This guy, J will be his name, tagged me in the gc, sent a video of watermelons phone showing the conversation, and said "Maddy, why did my friend send me this?" In the gc. He could have texted me privately about it, but no. 

I panicked and my friends and I figured it was best to just play it off, so I texted watermelon back and said "shit sorry I sent that to the wrong person" he said "cap" and took a screenshot. I didn't reply. I said in the gc, "I sent it to the wrong person." No one replied. 

I'm kinda done with him at the moment. Thankfully yesterday was a half day so I didn't have to suffer the whole day. 

I'm just embarrassed because I made a move on a guy I thought liked me and it backfired and then J made me feel stupid for it.

That, and I also have confused feelings for another guy who is also in this gc. (he's also sending me mixed signals) The first time I snapped him after the incident, he opened the snap and didn't reply. Idk if he was expecting me to say "opened is crazy" to him too or not, but I didn't say anything just in case it was a trap from J to embarrass me further. He still had me on opened this morning, so I just sent him another snap. He snapped me back not too long afterwards.

I honestly don't know what's happening anymore, but I am honestly wondering where all the good guys in my generation are at.

Hi @Madeleine_357,

Omg what a jerk! Just because he is too chicken shit to actually talk to people doesn't mean he gets to embarrass you like that for having the guts to actually interact. As if this was interesting enough to even screenshot and share with friends... This guy is hiding his lack of confidence by making others feel insecure and it's so seethrough it's unbelivable. He blew it, let's just say that. I'm sorry hon. How are you feeling now?

To be fair it doesn't sound liek you made an obvious move on him, so this is not something Watermelon can use against you. Sounds like you were just being a bit sassy and starting a conversation. He was the one who had to ask his friend for your Snap because he couldn't even do this himself. So all if this is just reflective on how insecure he is to approach people. You haven't done anything wrong.

So who's this other guy? 😊

Staff-Account.png

3 hours ago, Duckie said:

Hi @Madeleine_357,

Omg what a jerk! Just because he is too chicken shit to actually talk to people doesn't mean he gets to embarrass you like that for having the guts to actually interact. As if this was interesting enough to even screenshot and share with friends... This guy is hiding his lack of confidence by making others feel insecure and it's so seethrough it's unbelivable. He blew it, let's just say that. I'm sorry hon. How are you feeling now?

To be fair it doesn't sound liek you made an obvious move on him, so this is not something Watermelon can use against you. Sounds like you were just being a bit sassy and starting a conversation. He was the one who had to ask his friend for your Snap because he couldn't even do this himself. So all if this is just reflective on how insecure he is to approach people. You haven't done anything wrong.

So who's this other guy? 😊

Ok, now I'm feeling fine about it. He's not worth it. It's not even worth stressing over because both J and watermelon are jerks. I'm just glad I realized it when I did, otherwise I would have spent more time crushing on him instead of moving on.

Oh my gosh- the other guy- alright.... so.... um.... well his code name is spykid so I'll use that as his name. It is very complicated. You can probably guess my love life is confusing right now seeing as I just got over a 2.5 year crush. I haven't had to deal with mixed feelings for multiple people for a while, so it's all been pretty confusing. 

So basically my friend used to like him back in grade 9, and she got over him early at the start of this year. I used to tease her about it a lot because obviously this was before I knew him. She doesn't like him anymore. She has a new crush and says she's completely over it, but that doesn't stop me from feeling guilty about having any sort of feelings at all for him because she used to like him. I didn't like him at all when I first had him in my drama class. I thought it would just be an opportunity to spy on him for my friend, and at this point, I honestly didn't know what she saw in him. I think it was more looks based seeing as he had absolutely no idea she existed and they had never spoken or even come close to speaking.

Now, I'm the kind of person where I may think someone is good looking, but that doesn't mean I like them. When I like someone for looks I call it a hallway crush because I know it won't ever actually amount to anything. Take for example watermelon. Watermelon started out as a hallway crush, and I thought he was a nice guy. (I was wrong obviously). For me to actually have like a crush crush on someone, like with disco, (remember him?) I have to form some kind of attachment to them. I have to talk to them a few times, and see their character more. If they have a bad character, the crush goes away (that leads back to watermelon). If they have a good character, then it will either stay at the level it has been at or strengthen (to what I felt for disco up until a few months ago.) 

So with this situation it is confusing, because I have talked to him multiple times. One on one? No. I have seen his character and there's something about him, I can't explain it well, where it's almost like he's my type- personality wise- but he's also not. He's like in-between. It doesn't make any sense, seeing as disco and watermelon both had physical features attributing to MY TYPE. (Brunettes, brown eyes, I thought they were both nice eyes, taller than me- which I'm not THAT picky about it doesn't matter to me as much as personality does- etc etc.) It doesn't really make sense why I would even be feeling anything- confused feelings or not- for this dude.

He's not physically my type, and he's barely even my type personality wise. It could just be an attention thing, that because he's giving me a form of attention I'm not used to I could be tricking myself into developing feelings at the chance of getting into a relationship, or it could be real. I don't know. 

All I know is that bro is sending some pretty weird signals, and snaps me back fairly fast. I'm talking about sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes an hours, sometimes 20 minutes, sometimes it's like 17 hours, and it's the same for me snapping him back. And honestly one of the other guys (yes yes I know there's ANOTHER guy. Well actually, including watermelon there WAS 4 I was confused about, but now it's gone down to 3) isn't physically my type either but idk. Idk what's happening anymore. 

I'm going to quickly sum up all 3 of the guys I'm confused about and our current relationship quick bec I know this is getting long: (YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE GOTTEN YOURSELF INTO MY WHOLE SCHOOL LIFE IS A MESS AT THE MOMENT)

1. Giraffe

-hallway crush

-based off looks and the vibe I get from him

-does weird things like occasionally go on his phone when he walks by me and puts it away the moment we pass each other among other things

2. No name (long story)

-stared at me a lot in drama

-looks? idfk

-kinda personality 

-didn't really start until he was in my group for drama and I noticed the staring

-I'm leaning towards this is the one based off of the attention that I'm not used to

3. Spykid (oh god)

-looks kinda

-personality kinda

-snaps me back fast

-weird shit happens with bro occasionally

I AM SORRY THIS WAS SO LONG 

~PLEASE ASK IF YOU WANT SOME EXAMPLES OF WEIRD SPYKID HAS DONE IN THE LAST WEEK~ :)

THANKS FOR READING AND HELPING I APPRECIATE IT 

Edited by Tokyo
Removed inappropriate word/s

• Digital Mentor
23 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

Ok, now I'm feeling fine about it. He's not worth it. It's not even worth stressing over because both J and watermelon are jerks. I'm just glad I realized it when I did, otherwise I would have spent more time crushing on him instead of moving on.

Oh my gosh- the other guy- alright.... so.... um.... well his code name is spykid so I'll use that as his name. It is very complicated. You can probably guess my love life is confusing right now seeing as I just got over a 2.5 year crush. I haven't had to deal with mixed feelings for multiple people for a while, so it's all been pretty confusing. 

So basically my friend used to like him back in grade 9, and she got over him early at the start of this year. I used to tease her about it a lot because obviously this was before I knew him. She doesn't like him anymore. She has a new crush and says she's completely over it, but that doesn't stop me from feeling guilty about having any sort of feelings at all for him because she used to like him. I didn't like him at all when I first had him in my drama class. I thought it would just be an opportunity to spy on him for my friend, and at this point, I honestly didn't know what she saw in him. I think it was more looks based seeing as he had absolutely no idea she existed and they had never spoken or even come close to speaking.

Now, I'm the kind of person where I may think someone is good looking, but that doesn't mean I like them. When I like someone for looks I call it a hallway crush because I know it won't ever actually amount to anything. Take for example watermelon. Watermelon started out as a hallway crush, and I thought he was a nice guy. (I was wrong obviously). For me to actually have like a crush crush on someone, like with disco, (remember him?) I have to form some kind of attachment to them. I have to talk to them a few times, and see their character more. If they have a bad character, the crush goes away (that leads back to watermelon). If they have a good character, then it will either stay at the level it has been at or strengthen (to what I felt for disco up until a few months ago.) 

So with this situation it is confusing, because I have talked to him multiple times. One on one? No. I have seen his character and there's something about him, I can't explain it well, where it's almost like he's my type- personality wise- but he's also not. He's like in-between. It doesn't make any sense, seeing as disco and watermelon both had physical features attributing to MY TYPE. (Brunettes, brown eyes, I thought they were both nice eyes, taller than me- which I'm not THAT picky about it doesn't matter to me as much as personality does- etc etc.) It doesn't really make sense why I would even be feeling anything- confused feelings or not- for this dude.

He's not physically my type, and he's barely even my type personality wise. It could just be an attention thing, that because he's giving me a form of attention I'm not used to I could be tricking myself into developing feelings at the chance of getting into a relationship, or it could be real. I don't know. 

All I know is that bro is sending some pretty weird signals, and snaps me back fairly fast. I'm talking about sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes an hours, sometimes 20 minutes, sometimes it's like 17 hours, and it's the same for me snapping him back. And honestly one of the other guys (yes yes I know there's ANOTHER guy. Well actually, including watermelon there WAS 4 I was confused about, but now it's gone down to 3) isn't physically my type either but idk. Idk what's happening anymore. 

I'm going to quickly sum up all 3 of the guys I'm confused about and our current relationship quick bec I know this is getting long: (YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE GOTTEN YOURSELF INTO MY WHOLE SCHOOL LIFE IS A MESS AT THE MOMENT)

1. Giraffe

-hallway crush

-based off looks and the vibe I get from him

-does weird things like occasionally go on his phone when he walks by me and puts it away the moment we pass each other among other things

2. No name (long story)

-stared at me a lot in drama

-looks? idfk

-kinda personality 

-didn't really start until he was in my group for drama and I noticed the staring

-I'm leaning towards this is the one based off of the attention that I'm not used to

3. Spykid (oh god)

-looks kinda

-personality kinda

-snaps me back fast

-weird shit happens with bro occasionally

I AM SORRY THIS WAS SO LONG 

~PLEASE ASK IF YOU WANT SOME EXAMPLES OF WEIRD SPYKID HAS DONE IN THE LAST WEEK~ :)

THANKS FOR READING AND HELPING I APPRECIATE IT 

Hi @Madeleine_357,

It sounds like it might have been a good thing to reach out to Watermelon after all, because now you no longer need to worry about what he thinks about you and it sounds like you have already moved on, which is fantastic. Imagine how long you would have crushed on him if you hadn't tried to approach him - constantly getting mixed messages. Now you can just move on to ignoring him.

It sounds like you used to think spykid was objectively good looking, without being attracted to him. Maybe a part of you saw him as your friend's crush back then. But since nothing ever happened between them, I think it would definitely be OK for you to like spykid now. It would probably be off limits if they used to date or something, but it sounds like they never really got that close?

I see what you mean regarding hallway crush or crush crush and I think I would describe it as being attracted to someone or actually being in love with them. Have I understood it right? 😊 And I completely see what you mean. If you think someone is attractive and then they say or do something horrible, all of the attraction goes away like it never existed. It only goes to show that you need a good personality even more than good looks. Because someone with a good heart can eventually become attractive in our eyes because we know the person is beutiful on the inside.

Sometimes we can really surprise ourselves regarding who we find ourselves crushing on. Because it is of course OK to have a type, but then you might find someone who goes against your usual type - and even find yourself intrigued by it. There is clearly something about spykid that really speaks to you and connects to you. Do you still have drama with him? I do actually want to know what spykid's done this week! But only if you're comfortable telling me about it of course 😊

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Duckie said:

Hi @Madeleine_357,

It sounds like it might have been a good thing to reach out to Watermelon after all, because now you no longer need to worry about what he thinks about you and it sounds like you have already moved on, which is fantastic. Imagine how long you would have crushed on him if you hadn't tried to approach him - constantly getting mixed messages. Now you can just move on to ignoring him.

It sounds like you used to think spykid was objectively good looking, without being attracted to him. Maybe a part of you saw him as your friend's crush back then. But since nothing ever happened between them, I think it would definitely be OK for you to like spykid now. It would probably be off limits if they used to date or something, but it sounds like they never really got that close?

I see what you mean regarding hallway crush or crush crush and I think I would describe it as being attracted to someone or actually being in love with them. Have I understood it right? 😊 And I completely see what you mean. If you think someone is attractive and then they say or do something horrible, all of the attraction goes away like it never existed. It only goes to show that you need a good personality even more than good looks. Because someone with a good heart can eventually become attractive in our eyes because we know the person is beutiful on the inside.

Sometimes we can really surprise ourselves regarding who we find ourselves crushing on. Because it is of course OK to have a type, but then you might find someone who goes against your usual type - and even find yourself intrigued by it. There is clearly something about spykid that really speaks to you and connects to you. Do you still have drama with him? I do actually want to know what spykid's done this week! But only if you're comfortable telling me about it of course 😊

I don't have drama with him anymore, because my semester just ended.

First off, we're practisng for y culminating for drama, (this was a little over a week ago) and when he is supposed to walk in and greet everyone, he stops, goes, "oh I should say 'where's my hug at' when I come in" (he directed this towards J- remember him?- who is supposed to open the door for him). We play it back, and he walks in and goes "Hey everyone. Oh jen, where's my hug at?" (My name was Jen in this thing). I go "weren't you supposed to be saying that to him?" And point to J, bec obviously when he said he should say that it was directed towards J, and everyone seemed shocked he said it to me instead. We were all expecting him to say it to J. He doesn't really respond, things get kinda awkward, and J swoops in and says we should try it again. Before this, when we're all standing off stage. (sorry everything is way out of order) he says "where's my hug at" to me. he says it about 3 or 4 times in total that whole class. It was just kinda random and out of the blue.

Alr, so there's this small plaza down the street from my school, and there's this one pizza place. He and two of his friends were walking down the sidewalk going to said plaza, and my friend and I were coming from kinda another way so we were like facing them as we were making our way to the sidewalk to walk down the street. He was watching me, and my friend saw it too. They get there before we did, and kinda stop outside another small chain food store, but don't go in. They just kinda linger outside and I can't see him at this point because a car is blocking my view. These 2 other guys are also in my drama group btw. So my friend and I go into this small pizza place, and there's like one other person in line, and one person waiting for food. I go in, and kinda get in line behind the person already there, but it doesn't really seem like I'm in line. A few seconds later, he and his 2 friends walk in. Spykid doesn't make it much farther than the doorway before turning and walking out. he walked in, which I saw, I looked at something else, looked back and he was turning to walk out. One of his other friends went with him, but the other friend came and went ahead of me because he didn't know I was in line.

My friend asked if I saw that and I said I did. She saw the whole thing, whereas I only saw him come in and then out. She said he basically walked in, saw me and then like changed his mind and left. (I could be delusional-) It's like when you follow your crush somewhere and then see the lack of people in said place so you chicken out and then left. That's what I feel like it was like, but hey, what do I know? I've clearly been reading signs wrong the whole time with both watermelon AND disco.

I think there was something else but I forgot.

Oh, and I added him to my private story today to see how fast he would view what I posted, and he looked at it shortly after I added him to it. (You don't get a notification when you get added to someone's story) and he hadn;t snapped me back yet at that point so he viewed my story but didn't snap me back. 

Also watemelon was the second person to view my story the other day which was a birthday tribute to my friend. Jokes on him I had my face blacked out in the photo's I was in because I didn't look... amazing in those photos. My friend, (who I was at the little pizza place with) thinks  he's still trying to figure out who I am and is trying to match a face to the name.

So yeaha

On 12/13/2023 at 8:00 PM, Madeleine_357 said:

watermelon. watermelon. Watermelon. watermelon. water melon. Watermelon. Watermelon. Eve. Eve. Eve's. Eve. Eve. Watermelon. Eve. watermelon? Eve. watermelons. watermelon. Sally. Watermelon. Watermelon.

Just wanted to say I am LIVING for the code names. (I also forgot who Sally and Eve were 😐 [I suck with code names]).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, welches_242 said:

Just wanted to say I am LIVING for the code names. (I also forgot who Sally and Eve were 😐 [I suck with code names]).

ummmmmm those were just random names I made up cause I don't have code names for them. Eve was Mya and I forget who sally was. Use their name in a sentence I said?

1 hour ago, Madeleine_357 said:

ummmmmm those were just random names I made up cause I don't have code names for them. Eve was Mya and I forget who sally was. Use their name in a sentence I said?

Ohhhh. That makes more sense :) Thanks for rejogging my brain!

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

I don't have drama with him anymore, because my semester just ended.

First off, we're practisng for y culminating for drama, (this was a little over a week ago) and when he is supposed to walk in and greet everyone, he stops, goes, "oh I should say 'where's my hug at' when I come in" (he directed this towards J- remember him?- who is supposed to open the door for him). We play it back, and he walks in and goes "Hey everyone. Oh jen, where's my hug at?" (My name was Jen in this thing). I go "weren't you supposed to be saying that to him?" And point to J, bec obviously when he said he should say that it was directed towards J, and everyone seemed shocked he said it to me instead. We were all expecting him to say it to J. He doesn't really respond, things get kinda awkward, and J swoops in and says we should try it again. Before this, when we're all standing off stage. (sorry everything is way out of order) he says "where's my hug at" to me. he says it about 3 or 4 times in total that whole class. It was just kinda random and out of the blue.

Alr, so there's this small plaza down the street from my school, and there's this one pizza place. He and two of his friends were walking down the sidewalk going to said plaza, and my friend and I were coming from kinda another way so we were like facing them as we were making our way to the sidewalk to walk down the street. He was watching me, and my friend saw it too. They get there before we did, and kinda stop outside another small chain food store, but don't go in. They just kinda linger outside and I can't see him at this point because a car is blocking my view. These 2 other guys are also in my drama group btw. So my friend and I go into this small pizza place, and there's like one other person in line, and one person waiting for food. I go in, and kinda get in line behind the person already there, but it doesn't really seem like I'm in line. A few seconds later, he and his 2 friends walk in. Spykid doesn't make it much farther than the doorway before turning and walking out. he walked in, which I saw, I looked at something else, looked back and he was turning to walk out. One of his other friends went with him, but the other friend came and went ahead of me because he didn't know I was in line.

My friend asked if I saw that and I said I did. She saw the whole thing, whereas I only saw him come in and then out. She said he basically walked in, saw me and then like changed his mind and left. (I could be delusional-) It's like when you follow your crush somewhere and then see the lack of people in said place so you chicken out and then left. That's what I feel like it was like, but hey, what do I know? I've clearly been reading signs wrong the whole time with both watermelon AND disco.

I think there was something else but I forgot.

Oh, and I added him to my private story today to see how fast he would view what I posted, and he looked at it shortly after I added him to it. (You don't get a notification when you get added to someone's story) and he hadn;t snapped me back yet at that point so he viewed my story but didn't snap me back. 

Also watemelon was the second person to view my story the other day which was a birthday tribute to my friend. Jokes on him I had my face blacked out in the photo's I was in because I didn't look... amazing in those photos. My friend, (who I was at the little pizza place with) thinks  he's still trying to figure out who I am and is trying to match a face to the name.

So yeaha

Hi @Madeleine_357,

Oh wow, I agree this was a bit weird. Do you think he was actually hoping you'd go along with it and hug him? Like a weird way of flirting? I wonder what he was expecting you to say, since he said it four times...

Maybe spykid was embarrassed about this still when he saw you at the pizza place. But yeah it is super strange to walk in, look at someone and walk out again... It may be that he decided against going in because he thought the queue was too long, but still. Some people just aren't brave enough to go further than being in someone's space for a bit. Watermelon was a complete coward, but spykid seems to actually make a bit of an effort to establish contact with you. Watermelon is such a tool honestly. For screenshotting and sending around a really uninteresting conversation about nothing. He is an idiot if he still hasn't figured out it's you lol. 

Staff-Account.png

3 hours ago, Duckie said:

Hi @Madeleine_357,

Oh wow, I agree this was a bit weird. Do you think he was actually hoping you'd go along with it and hug him? Like a weird way of flirting? I wonder what he was expecting you to say, since he said it four times...

Maybe spykid was embarrassed about this still when he saw you at the pizza place. But yeah it is super strange to walk in, look at someone and walk out again... It may be that he decided against going in because he thought the queue was too long, but still. Some people just aren't brave enough to go further than being in someone's space for a bit. Watermelon was a complete coward, but spykid seems to actually make a bit of an effort to establish contact with you. Watermelon is such a tool honestly. For screenshotting and sending around a really uninteresting conversation about nothing. He is an idiot if he still hasn't figured out it's you lol. 

Lmao. I don't know if he thought I would go along with it. I was just very confused when he said this. He didn't say "where's my hug at" on the same day that he walked into the small pizza place and then left tho, so Idk what's going on there either.

Yeah, Watermelon honestly is an idiot if he can't even remember what I look like, and hasn't figured it out by now. 

I'm just hoping I'm not reading the signs wrong, AGAIN. Every single time these things start happening to me it ends badly. I always misread the signs and it ends in either embarrassment or heartbreak. 

• Digital Mentor
18 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

Lmao. I don't know if he thought I would go along with it. I was just very confused when he said this. He didn't say "where's my hug at" on the same day that he walked into the small pizza place and then left tho, so Idk what's going on there either.

Yeah, Watermelon honestly is an idiot if he can't even remember what I look like, and hasn't figured it out by now. 

I'm just hoping I'm not reading the signs wrong, AGAIN. Every single time these things start happening to me it ends badly. I always misread the signs and it ends in either embarrassment or heartbreak. 

I think a lot of boys out there feel under pressure to make the first move (due to outdated gender norms) and this can sometimes lead to misunderstandings and feelings of guilt and shame. It sounds like Watermelon was rude to you on Snapchat because he felt intimidated and wanted to regain some kind of control. It wasn't that bad and seriously not interesting enough to screenshot and share with people to make you feel embarrassed. That just says that he felt insecure about it - and for a silly reason, because he doesn't seem to know it's you. He blew it, let's just say that 😅

See how things go with spykid. I know you don't have drama with him anymore, but will you be doing other classes with him you reckon?

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Duckie said:

I think a lot of boys out there feel under pressure to make the first move (due to outdated gender norms) and this can sometimes lead to misunderstandings and feelings of guilt and shame. It sounds like Watermelon was rude to you on Snapchat because he felt intimidated and wanted to regain some kind of control. It wasn't that bad and seriously not interesting enough to screenshot and share with people to make you feel embarrassed. That just says that he felt insecure about it - and for a silly reason, because he doesn't seem to know it's you. He blew it, let's just say that 😅

See how things go with spykid. I know you don't have drama with him anymore, but will you be doing other classes with him you reckon?

I don't know if I'll be having any other classes with him. I don't know his schedule.

I had my fifth period exam today. After I was done, I was at my locker and watermelon kept finding excuses to walk up and down the little section of the hallway where I was standing at my locker. His friend would stop a few lockers down from me, so he would stand there facing me. He walked down the hallway to another group of friends and I heard one of them say something to him about how he "fumbled". He also kept looking at me.

Everything is so confusing I feel like this whole situation keeps dragging out. I'm also not sure how over watermelon I actually am. I think I still like him. It was J who did most the embarrassing me, and my friends and I send pictures of conversations we find interesting to each other sometimes, so was I being too hard on him?

Idk. Maybe those thoughts are just excuses i'm making to validate the fact that I think I still like him.

On 2/1/2024 at 5:54 AM, Duckie said:

Things are just really confusing right now. Oh, and both disco AND spykid are in my math class

Edited by Madeleine_357

• Digital Mentor
On 2/6/2024 at 10:14 PM, Madeleine_357 said:

Things are just really confusing right now. Oh, and both disco AND spykid are in my math class

Hi @Madeleine_357,

That does sound confusing. Have you spoken to them or how is it like sharing math class with them?

On 2/1/2024 at 4:50 PM, Madeleine_357 said:

I don't know if I'll be having any other classes with him. I don't know his schedule.

I had my fifth period exam today. After I was done, I was at my locker and watermelon kept finding excuses to walk up and down the little section of the hallway where I was standing at my locker. His friend would stop a few lockers down from me, so he would stand there facing me. He walked down the hallway to another group of friends and I heard one of them say something to him about how he "fumbled". He also kept looking at me.

Everything is so confusing I feel like this whole situation keeps dragging out. I'm also not sure how over watermelon I actually am. I think I still like him. It was J who did most the embarrassing me, and my friends and I send pictures of conversations we find interesting to each other sometimes, so was I being too hard on him?

Idk. Maybe those thoughts are just excuses i'm making to validate the fact that I think I still like him.

It sounds like Watermelon is still giving you mixed signals. It's so odd that he hasn't found out it's you yet! Has he ever tried talking to you?

Staff-Account.png

12 hours ago, Duckie said:

Hi @Madeleine_357,

That does sound confusing. Have you spoken to them or how is it like sharing math class with them?

It sounds like Watermelon is still giving you mixed signals. It's so odd that he hasn't found out it's you yet! Has he ever tried talking to you?

He has not tried talk to me, and it's weird sharing a math class with both of them in the room. 

For my friends birthday on sunday I posted a photo with both me and her in it and I didn't cover my face. He viewed my story, so I'm assuming he's put name to the face now. I haven't seen him too much in the hallways, although I do see his head kinda turn towards me sometimes when I pass him in the hallways, but maybe I'm imagining it.

• Digital Mentor
7 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

He has not tried talk to me, and it's weird sharing a math class with both of them in the room. 

For my friends birthday on sunday I posted a photo with both me and her in it and I didn't cover my face. He viewed my story, so I'm assuming he's put name to the face now. I haven't seen him too much in the hallways, although I do see his head kinda turn towards me sometimes when I pass him in the hallways, but maybe I'm imagining it.

Hi @Madeleine_357,

I hope Watermelon is ashamed of his behaviour now that he knows it's you. Have you thought of unfriending him on Snapchat? He definitely strikes me as a lurker. Like there is something passive about the way he seems to be lingering about and looking at your snaps but avoiding actually communication. Maybe it scares him a bit?

How are things between you and spykid?

Staff-Account.png

15 hours ago, Duckie said:

Hi @Madeleine_357,

I hope Watermelon is ashamed of his behaviour now that he knows it's you. Have you thought of unfriending him on Snapchat? He definitely strikes me as a lurker. Like there is something passive about the way he seems to be lingering about and looking at your snaps but avoiding actually communication. Maybe it scares him a bit?

How are things between you and spykid?

Things between spykid and I are... interesting. He's snapped me 5 times today. 

My friend did also tell me to be careful with spykid because most of his friends- she's not sure about him- are thr type of guys to lead on a girl, even one they're not interested in. 

And I can't tell if I'm the only one between spykid and I feeling the tension.

And I also feel like a piece of sh*t for one of my crushes being the past crush of one of my friends.

Edited by Tokyo

• Digital Mentor
On 2/10/2024 at 2:52 AM, Madeleine_357 said:

Things between spykid and I are... interesting. He's snapped me 5 times today. 

My friend did also tell me to be careful with spykid because most of his friends- she's not sure about him- are thr type of guys to lead on a girl, even one they're not interested in. 

And I can't tell if I'm the only one between spykid and I feeling the tension.

And I also feel like a piece of sh*t for one of my crushes being the past crush of one of my friends.

Hi @Madeleine_357,

Oh my. Spykid sounds like he is really out there with his advances... first the weird thing he did in drama class and now this.

I think it's always better to be careful, because he might be brave when he is online and when he is in drama class, but this is of course not the same as actually building up the courage to talk to you in person. Let's see what he does next! Maybe you could talk to your friend about having a crush on Spykid? What do you think?

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Duckie said:

Hi @Madeleine_357,

Oh my. Spykid sounds like he is really out there with his advances... first the weird thing he did in drama class and now this.

I think it's always better to be careful, because he might be brave when he is online and when he is in drama class, but this is of course not the same as actually building up the courage to talk to you in person. Let's see what he does next! Maybe you could talk to your friend about having a crush on Spykid? What do you think?

I don't even know how I would bring it up that I like him. And I'm scared. If she asked me to, I would try to stop crushing on him. I would try, but it most likely wouldn't work. If she asked me to, I would stop snapping him back just as fast as he snaps me and snap him normally, and I would reject him if he asked me out if she asked me to.

I don't want this to be a repeat of the disco and cupcake situation. I really don't.

• Digital Mentor
23 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

I don't even know how I would bring it up that I like him. And I'm scared. If she asked me to, I would try to stop crushing on him. I would try, but it most likely wouldn't work. If she asked me to, I would stop snapping him back just as fast as he snaps me and snap him normally, and I would reject him if he asked me out if she asked me to.

I don't want this to be a repeat of the disco and cupcake situation. I really don't.

Hi!

I can see that you really care about your friend and that you don't wish to upset her by letting her know you have a crush on spykid. Would it be an idea to tell your friend that spykid has been acted a bit weird with you lately and bring up that you suspect he might be interested? You know, just to see how your friend reacts?

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Duckie said:

Hi!

I can see that you really care about your friend and that you don't wish to upset her by letting her know you have a crush on spykid. Would it be an idea to tell your friend that spykid has been acted a bit weird with you lately and bring up that you suspect he might be interested? You know, just to see how your friend reacts?

I'm still not even sure about that, because she does know I have a history with being delusional. She's a very straight forward thinking person, so lets say I tell her that spykid snaps me a lot every day. So much so that now he's my #1 bestfriend on my best friends list. To her that might not indicate that he is interesting. For all we know, maybe he just does that with everyone. I don't know how she would even react to it, and I really don't want to start something by bringing it up. Then, there's also the case of, what happens if he makes a move and I have to tell her about it then? But then also what if nothing comes out of it and I just told her in the heat of the moment?

I also def still like watermelon like that's really a thing still.

• Digital Mentor
22 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

I'm still not even sure about that, because she does know I have a history with being delusional. She's a very straight forward thinking person, so lets say I tell her that spykid snaps me a lot every day. So much so that now he's my #1 bestfriend on my best friends list. To her that might not indicate that he is interesting. For all we know, maybe he just does that with everyone. I don't know how she would even react to it, and I really don't want to start something by bringing it up. Then, there's also the case of, what happens if he makes a move and I have to tell her about it then? But then also what if nothing comes out of it and I just told her in the heat of the moment?

I also def still like watermelon like that's really a thing still.

Hi @Madeleine_357,

Why would your friend think you are delusional? It's always hard to try to understand or even guess how someone non-communicative thinks about you. Sometimes we're right and sometimes we're wrong. Npt to mention all the situations where people confuse things by not going the full way and sending mixed messages. We can never really guess what they want or feel. So it might also be an idea to wait and see where this leads. Because, as you have previous experience with, people can be very brave online and then be a lot less confident or outgoing in real life.

Has Watermelon done anything since (probably) finding out who you are?

Staff-Account.png