New Crush: What do I do now

Madeleine_357 ย  ย 

UPDATE ON BOTTOM OF PAGE!!!

Helloooo again! It's been a while since I've last been on here. Long story short, my friend started dating the guy I was having issues with, and I'm over him now!
ย 

So basically, I'm over my last crush, and I have a new crush. Let's call him watermelon. So watermelon, is a year younger than me (PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW IF ANYONE THINKS THAT'S WEIRD) he's in grade 9 and I'm in grade 10.ย 

So he's been looking at me a lot in the hallways.

Context: I've been seeing him around in the hallways, so it started as a hallway crush.ย 

Earlier this month, I was walking down a stair case. This is after the bell had rung, and everyone's in class, so there's barely anyone around. Watermelon and his friend are walking ahead of me on the staircase. His friend nudges him, and watermelon turns around and looks at me. We finish walking down the stair case, and water melon turns and looks again. We enter the foyer, and his classroom is in the foyer, and he is walking to go into his classroom, and he turns around AGAIN and looks at me before I steamroll ahead of him because I have to get to class. There was no one behind me in both cases. I double checked.

Today, I walked out of the bathroom and turned down another hallway. I was on my phone. Watermelon was coming from the opposite direction with some friends, and I just walked past normally. I continued down another hallway, and then turned back onto the hallway where my classroom is (the bathroom and my classroom were on the same hallway I just wanted to do a quick lap around one half of the bottom half of the school) and he and his friends are coming out of the hallway where I ran into him. I go into my classroom. I sit down with my friends, and glance back at the door. Watermelon is STANDING IN THE DOOR WINDOW AND STARING AT ME. I glance over, he's there. I look away, and he's gone.ย 

Last night however, my friend told me that he come's into her religion classroom 5th period and sits with some of the people there and talks to them. One girl who he sits with, we'll call her Eve, when he leaves, calls him her mans and says they're dating. My friend also reports never seeing them walking together, she says she's never seen them even remotely flirt, and they don't kiss or anything. This leads me to believe that Eve simply has a crush on him.

Keep in mind Eve's also the kind of girl who could probably pull any guy she wanted, because people think she's pretty and she's flirty in that way. She's not a nice person though.ย 

Now, lately, Eve has been giving me dirty looks whenever I walk by her. I've never talked to Eve in my life. I've never formally met her, we've never had a class together, she barely knows me at all.ย 

Why does she give me dirty looks then? I don't know. I just want to know a few things:

1. Is it weird I have a crush on a grade 9?

2. Could he actually like me? Like could that be a possibility?

3. Does anyone think Eve and Watermelon are actually dating?

4. Could the dirty looks from Eve be somehow connected to watermelon?

5. What do I do?

ย 

Eve is in my grade by the way.

ย 

UPDATE:

I was walking back from the washroom during class today, watermelons friend stopped me, long story short watermelon asked for my snap. He was all shy and nervous and stuff too!ย 

Now, I was on a high for the rest of the day, until it got time to go home on the bus. I told my friend and she told me about how her friend, lets call her Sally, and Watermelon were talking beginning of the year. They went to grade 9 dance together and Watermelon was asking for a lot of girls snaps. She also told me how he asked for her friends snap during second period. He asked for mine during 3rd.

I have decided to deal with the issue should he try and initiate anything, but I don't be doing anything. We'll see how it goes.ย 

I'm sad.

ย 

ย 

Edited by Madeleine_357
Needed to update
  • Like 1

Hi ,ย 

I been there with a few crushes.

No don't think it's weird having a crush on a someone a year younger. From what you explained i think maybe he knew you were crushing on him in the beginning. As for the adding on SC I think he could be teasing you all as he might know you could all be crushing or he could just want to be friends with the other girls he sees. But it does sound a little strange as he adds a lot of girls??

But see how it goes when you see him next.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Digital Mentor

Hi @Madeleine_357,

Sorry for the late reply. Have you heard from Watermelon since he asked for your snap? I don't think it's weird in the slightest to like a boy that is 1 year younger than you. Boys don't always have to be the same age or older than usย ๐Ÿ˜Š

I would agree Eve might not be dating Watermelon at all, and that she is probably jealous because he is paying attention to you. And just because Watermelon has girls on snap doesn't mean he is dating them or anything. They could just be friends. How do you feel about it now?

Staff-Account.png

On 12/21/2023 at 3:45 PM, catgal05 said:

Hi ,ย 

I been there with a few crushes.

No don't think it's weird having a crush on a someone a year younger. From what you explained i think maybe he knew you were crushing on him in the beginning. As for the adding on SC I think he could be teasing you all as he might know you could all be crushing or he could just want to be friends with the other girls he sees. But it does sound a little strange as he adds a lot of girls??

But see how it goes when you see him next.

See, the thing is I don't know if it's weird that he's added a lot of girls on snap. I've also been on delivered (for a snap not a chat) since like dec 18th so ;-;

On 1/3/2024 at 5:25 AM, Duckie said:

Hi @Madeleine_357,

Sorry for the late reply. Have you heard from Watermelon since he asked for your snap? I don't think it's weird in the slightest to like a boy that is 1 year younger than you. Boys don't always have to be the same age or older than usย ๐Ÿ˜Š

I would agree Eve might not be dating Watermelon at all, and that she is probably jealous because he is paying attention to you. And just because Watermelon has girls on snap doesn't mean he is dating them or anything. They could just be friends. How do you feel about it now?

I haven't heard from him, no. He hasn't opened my snap since dec 18th ;-; I mean, I'm not sure how to feel about it. That's the thingย ๐Ÿ˜“

• Digital Mentor
19 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

I haven't heard from him, no. He hasn't opened my snap since dec 18th ;-; I mean, I'm not sure how to feel about it. That's the thingย ๐Ÿ˜“

Sounds like Watermelon might be a bit shy and might be biding his time before contacting you. Just the fact that he sent his friend to ask for your Snap makes me think he is a bit shy. What do you think? Did you send something to him or has he just been looking at your snaps?

Have you seen him in school since you all came back from the Christmas holidays?

Staff-Account.png

10 hours ago, Duckie said:

Sounds like Watermelon might be a bit shy and might be biding his time before contacting you. Just the fact that he sent his friend to ask for your Snap makes me think he is a bit shy. What do you think? Did you send something to him or has he just been looking at your snaps?

Have you seen him in school since you all came back from the Christmas holidays?

I've seen him around school a few times, mostly in the hallway, but nothing ever happens.ย 

• Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

I've seen him around school a few times, mostly in the hallway, but nothing ever happens.ย 

Sounds like he might be a bit too shy to approach you. What do you think?

Is Eve still giving you evil looks?

Staff-Account.png

11 hours ago, Duckie said:

Sounds like he might be a bit too shy to approach you. What do you think?

Is Eve still giving you evil looks?

I haven't seen Eve much around school lately, so I don't know. I also don't know what to think of the shy part.

• Digital Mentor
11 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

I haven't seen Eve much around school lately, so I don't know. I also don't know what to think of the shy part.

It's hard isn't it. Watermelon might be giving you mixed signals because he doesn't quite know where to go from here. He might not be used to going much further than just passive flirting (like looking at you a lot and asking for your snap). How would you feel about taking the first step?

Staff-Account.png

12 hours ago, Duckie said:

It's hard isn't it. Watermelon might be giving you mixed signals because he doesn't quite know where to go from here. He might not be used to going much further than just passive flirting (like looking at you a lot and asking for your snap). How would you feel about taking the first step?

I considered taking the first step, but at this point I don't even know if he likes me. He was with another girl yesterday. They weren't like walking or anything, but still. I don't know how to make the first step, even if I could, and I have some doubts he even likes me at this point.

• Digital Mentor
11 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

I considered taking the first step, but at this point I don't even know if he likes me. He was with another girl yesterday. They weren't like walking or anything, but still. I don't know how to make the first step, even if I could, and I have some doubts he even likes me at this point.

It might be possible that this is as far as he will ever go with anyone. This is what I'm thinking, because it is one thing to give someone the right signals and feel that rush of being in contact with someone - and another to act on them. This is a big step for many people, and it might just be enough exitment to be able to lightly engage with someone and then withdraw when this seems too scary. What do you think? Does he seem closer with this girl or do you think it might have just been one of these things?

Staff-Account.png

12 hours ago, Duckie said:

It might be possible that this is as far as he will ever go with anyone. This is what I'm thinking, because it is one thing to give someone the right signals and feel that rush of being in contact with someone - and another to act on them. This is a big step for many people, and it might just be enough exitment to be able to lightly engage with someone and then withdraw when this seems too scary. What do you think? Does he seem closer with this girl or do you think it might have just been one of these things?

I think he seems closer with this girl because he was almost like goofing around and like kicking the air in like a karate move

• Digital Mentor

I think he seems closer with this girl because he was almost like goofing around and like kicking the air in like a karate move

It might be someone he knows outside of school. Like a friend or something. Are you getting the impression there is anything romantic going on between them?

Staff-Account.png

On 1/12/2024 at 5:08 AM, Duckie said:

It might be someone he knows outside of school. Like a friend or something. Are you getting the impression there is anything romantic going on between them?

I don't know. I haven't seen her with him since, but I also haven't really been looking. However, something did happen today. Let me just start with some context. My school is like a big figure 8. One whole straight line of one side of the figure 8 is the science classrooms, and then some open space where part of the foyer is (this is on the top floor) and then connected to the English hallway. He was coming out of the English hallway and I was coming from the science hallway. We crossed paths in the open space in between. I keep walking to my English classroom which is like halfway down the English hallway. I stop to talk to some friends who are standing across the hall from my classroom. I turn and I see watermelon standing at some lockers at the end of the English hallway I entered in; the end of the hallway he had been walking away from when we crossed paths. Idk. I just thought it was weird. He was in a small circle of people, but I still thought it was weird the moment I turn around he's not even still walking in the same direction he was when I walked by him. idk just thought it was kinda strange. *shrugs*

• Digital Mentor
7 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

I don't know. I haven't seen her with him since, but I also haven't really been looking. However, something did happen today. Let me just start with some context. My school is like a big figure 8. One whole straight line of one side of the figure 8 is the science classrooms, and then some open space where part of the foyer is (this is on the top floor) and then connected to the English hallway. He was coming out of the English hallway and I was coming from the science hallway. We crossed paths in the open space in between. I keep walking to my English classroom which is like halfway down the English hallway. I stop to talk to some friends who are standing across the hall from my classroom. I turn and I see watermelon standing at some lockers at the end of the English hallway I entered in; the end of the hallway he had been walking away from when we crossed paths. Idk. I just thought it was weird. He was in a small circle of people, but I still thought it was weird the moment I turn around he's not even still walking in the same direction he was when I walked by him. idk just thought it was kinda strange. *shrugs*

It sounds like he might still be building up the courage to talk to you and chickened out at that moment. Maybe he got discouraged when he saw you walk up to your friends, as it would have been harder to start a conversation with you then.

Staff-Account.png

13 hours ago, Duckie said:

It sounds like he might still be building up the courage to talk to you and chickened out at that moment. Maybe he got discouraged when he saw you walk up to your friends, as it would have been harder to start a conversation with you then.

*shrugs* maybe. anything is possible. I just don't know if I'm being delusional or if he's actually just shy

• Digital Mentor
On 1/17/2024 at 10:14 PM, Madeleine_357 said:

*shrugs* maybe. anything is possible. I just don't know if I'm being delusional or if he's actually just shy

It does sound like he is really shy. It can be hard to navigate, because a lot of things just fall like sand through your hands when you don't have the courage to actually speak to someone. Maybe you could start saying hi to each other, just to see if he can be more courageousin the future, and to let him know in a friendly way that his presence is welcome. What do you think?

Staff-Account.png

On 1/18/2024 at 5:04 AM, Duckie said:

It does sound like he is really shy. It can be hard to navigate, because a lot of things just fall like sand through your hands when you don't have the courage to actually speak to someone. Maybe you could start saying hi to each other, just to see if he can be more courageousin the future, and to let him know in a friendly way that his presence is welcome. What do you think?

Maybe. I just don't want this to actually have been just for him to like prove he can get girls or something. I'm just scared he was playing me. I don't want to start actually trying and then just end up embarrassing myself because he didn't actually like me in the first place.

• Digital Mentor
On 1/20/2024 at 5:45 PM, Madeleine_357 said:

Maybe. I just don't want this to actually have been just for him to like prove he can get girls or something. I'm just scared he was playing me. I don't want to start actually trying and then just end up embarrassing myself because he didn't actually like me in the first place.

Hi @Madeleine_357,

I mean he hasn't "gotten you" though, has he? Because in reality he had to ask his friend to ask for your Snapchat and he doesn't seem confident enough to talk to you. This is the way it looks like to me. Would it be so embarrassing to simply say hi if your eyes meet? No pressure of course, because I don't want you to feel uncomfortable. Because you can literally say hi to anyone without it meaning the same as confessing a crushย ๐Ÿ˜Š

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Duckie said:

Hi @Madeleine_357,

I mean he hasn't "gotten you" though, has he? Because in reality he had to ask his friend to ask for your Snapchat and he doesn't seem confident enough to talk to you. This is the way it looks like to me. Would it be so embarrassing to simply say hi if your eyes meet? No pressure of course, because I don't want you to feel uncomfortable. Because you can literally say hi to anyone without it meaning the same as confessing a crushย ๐Ÿ˜Š

Yeah.... that does make sense. I can see how it would seem that way from an outside perspective. Maybe I will try if I ever get the chance. I'm not good at things like this though, so I'll try and do my best

• Digital Mentor

Yeah.... that does make sense. I can see how it would seem that way from an outside perspective. Maybe I will try if I ever get the chance. I'm not good at things like this though, so I'll try and do my best

If he doesn't say hi back, then at least you will know and no harm done. If he does say hi, it can be up to him to take the next step. He might need a bit of encouragement and a simple hi can do just that. The rest is up to him.ย 

Staff-Account.png

14 hours ago, Duckie said:

If he doesn't say hi back, then at least you will know and no harm done. If he does say hi, it can be up to him to take the next step. He might need a bit of encouragement and a simple hi can do just that. The rest is up to him.ย 

I'll try it when I make eye contact with him and see what happens. You don't think it's a little far after the window of time where I could have actually done something? It's been over a month.ย 

• Digital Mentor
8 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

I'll try it when I make eye contact with him and see what happens. You don't think it's a little far after the window of time where I could have actually done something? It's been over a month.ย 

Hi @Madeleine_357,

I mean not necessarily. It's OK to let things develop in time and to see where things go. And at least it will help you know a bit more about what his intentions are. Maybe he reached out to you that first time when he was feeling confident enough to do so, but his confidence only stretched so far. So it might help to have you take a step too. And if it turns out he's not interested, then at least it was just a hiย ๐Ÿ˜Šย I feel like it was a way bigger step from him to send his friend to ask for your Snap. Might make him a bit shy to think about that.

Staff-Account.png

On 1/23/2024 at 5:09 AM, Duckie said:

Hi @Madeleine_357,

I mean not necessarily. It's OK to let things develop in time and to see where things go. And at least it will help you know a bit more about what his intentions are. Maybe he reached out to you that first time when he was feeling confident enough to do so, but his confidence only stretched so far. So it might help to have you take a step too. And if it turns out he's not interested, then at least it was just a hiย ๐Ÿ˜Šย I feel like it was a way bigger step from him to send his friend to ask for your Snap. Might make him a bit shy to think about that.

Yeah it would make sense... the signs just don't add up. The other day I was on delivered and I've now been on opened for the past couple days, meanwhile my friend and I were at my locker and he was at the lockers a few lockers down with some people, and my friend was watching him. She said that he leaned against the lockers and was staring at me while his friend was trying to talk to him. All these signs aren't adding up.ย 

I think I will try to smile or say hi or something, but all the signals are confusing me