This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

World Mental Health Day 2023: share your progress here!

Harper    

• Ditch the Label Staff

Today is World Mental Health Day! 

We'd like to open up the conversation surrounding mental health and are welcoming each and every one of you to take part. Over the past year, how has your mental health changed? What have you learned? Do you have a piece of advice that you'd give to your younger self?

I'll start by saying that: we all have mental health, just as we do physical health. Our health naturally has highs and lows and that's okay. It isn't possible to be either extreme all of the time as our mental health is constantly changing.

How about you?

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff

Know that even in your deepest, darkest and loneliness moments, that you are never truly alone. There is always somebody else that understands what you're going through and many more who have been through the exact same thing and this is what makes the internet and communities like this one so powerful. We're here for you.

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png.060e8e769a7369fee08ffdf79fb8fc2a.png

• Digital Mentor

A letter to my younger self. 

Dear little Luie, 

You are unique, with your own dreams, passions, and quirks. Embrace them wholeheartedly. Don't try to fit into someone else's mould or seek validation from others, even though it's something you think will make you feel like you 'belong'. Your authenticity is your greatest strength and trust me, you will begin seeing that for yourself. Also, please don't fear failure; it's a natural part of life's journey. Instead, view it as a valuable teacher. Every setback is an opportunity to learn, grow, and become better. Don't be discouraged by it; be inspired even if others around you say otherwise. I know the education system did not cater to your learning needs, but never stop learning. Seek knowledge, acquire new skills, and open your mind to different perspectives. Knowledge is a lifelong journey, and it will empower you in countless ways, so speak to people, read more books and treat yourself with more kindness. Your peers seemed to excel academically and that was important in the society you were brought up in but don't don't wait for major achievements to celebrate. Acknowledge and appreciate the small victories along the way. They add up to a life filled with joy and satisfaction. And hey, life is an incredible journey with moments of joy, love, and discovery. Embrace it fully, and know that you are stronger and more resilient than you can imagine. Trust in your path, and don't forget to share your love and light with the world. 

Lots of love, 

Luie 

You Matter Mental Health GIF by Anke WeckmannYou Got This GIF by YouTubeHeart Love GIF by Bells and Wishes

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

Click this notice to reveal the content.

To be honest it's probably gotten worse over the past year. I still have an existential crisis like every day and constantly suffer from imposter syndrome. I mean I am able to experience happiness once in a while but that's because of my antidepressants. Without them, I'm essentially a husk of a person. I'm thankful to have friends that support me but I truly don't know if I see an end.

• Hug 1

Duckie
This post was recognized by Duckie!

"This is so lovely of you"

Megs- was awarded the badge 'Great Advice' and 10 points.

1 hour ago, TheToaster765 said:

To be honest it's probably gotten worse over the past year. I still have an existential crisis like every day and constantly suffer from imposter syndrome. I mean I am able to experience happiness once in a while but that's because of my antidepressants. Without them, I'm essentially a husk of a person. I'm thankful to have friends that support me but I truly don't know if I see an end.

hi,

lovely to meet you. I hear things are a tough time especially dealing with going into crisis on a daily, as someone who is going through this right now myself, I can agree, but you know what? You have show such relicence by coming to DTL, and expressing how you're feeling. Stupid question, but do you have any support for when you are in crisis, as being in crisis is such a difficult place to be, and I want you to feel supported when going through this tough time, and that you mentioned you  go through this on a daily, it must be so dwelling and overwhelming, is that right? for me, it really is draining. Do you like to do self-care? What helps or reduces the risk of when you are in crisis, like for me for example, I like cuddling my teddy bear as it brings me comfort, also going to my 'safe' space, which is my bed-room, helps me for when I am in crisis. How does it also feel maybe making a safety plan for when you are in crisis? As, then you mentioned this happens regulary, at least you will have some sort of plan to follow to keep yourself safe from dangerous actions. sorry for rambing, I just want you to know we see the strength you put into keeping yourself safe, if you didn't already know but there are support mentors who you can talk 1-2-1 if you'd orefer not posting publicly, going confidental mean you can talk about anything you don't want the whole 'world' to see/know. Sending so many huggies from me, much love <3

@Digital Mentor

16 hours ago, Megs- said:

hi,

lovely to meet you. I hear things are a tough time especially dealing with going into crisis on a daily, as someone who is going through this right now myself, I can agree, but you know what? You have show such relicence by coming to DTL, and expressing how you're feeling. Stupid question, but do you have any support for when you are in crisis, as being in crisis is such a difficult place to be, and I want you to feel supported when going through this tough time, and that you mentioned you  go through this on a daily, it must be so dwelling and overwhelming, is that right? for me, it really is draining. Do you like to do self-care? What helps or reduces the risk of when you are in crisis, like for me for example, I like cuddling my teddy bear as it brings me comfort, also going to my 'safe' space, which is my bed-room, helps me for when I am in crisis. How does it also feel maybe making a safety plan for when you are in crisis? As, then you mentioned this happens regulary, at least you will have some sort of plan to follow to keep yourself safe from dangerous actions. sorry for rambing, I just want you to know we see the strength you put into keeping yourself safe, if you didn't already know but there are support mentors who you can talk 1-2-1 if you'd orefer not posting publicly, going confidental mean you can talk about anything you don't want the whole 'world' to see/know. Sending so many huggies from me, much love <3

@Digital Mentor

Thank you for the support. For your questions, the only thing that really helps me is to just kind of deal with it and stare of into space. A lot of times, I'm essentially numb and don't have any feelings such as happiness, sadness, anger, etc. And I feel like the only thing that can help with my problems is myself. I'm the only one that knows what's going on in my mind and I know what I need. But I do appreciate the support from you, especially since you experience it yourself. Thank you

• Hug 1

this might turn out to be a hell of a long post so bare with me but like i said before i have a lot to say about my mental health journey so far so here goes -

I have been suffering mental health since I was 9 years old, I have had it difficult i must say, wont go into detail but had lots of hospital admissions, been involvled with CAMHS since age of 9, and had it rough. but let's not dwell on the negative things. I have come so far to this point today, I have been struggling recently but i try my best. The best thing i can do for myself is self-care. it is a bonus!

World mental health day is so important to me because, 2) i get to see how far i have com espically with all the shit i have had to deal with. I have gone through so much shit to get to the point i am rn. I do get days i dont want to be here, but you know what? I have come so far and gone through so much i cant give up. I deserve to see what to end of the tunnel has in store for me. 

I struggle day to day, I will admit it has been so frickin hard to get to the point i am rn. but im here and that is all that matters.

Life does get better, it just takes time and paitence. I know i give up most days but being the warrior you are and not giving into the demons that are in your head is the best thing you can do, Self-care, anything to distract yourself will always be benifcial for the future so you can look back in 5 years and go holy shit look how far i have come, you WILL get there, you will get to a point in your life where you will be happy and will be proud of the person and the strenth you have overcome the shit times in your life. You know I am a @ away, always here for y'all <3

Edited by Megs-
  • Like 2

• Digital Mentor

On 10/10/2023 at 11:32 PM, TheToaster765 said:

I appreciate your openness in sharing your feelings. Dealing with existential crises and imposter syndrome can be incredibly tough, and it's positive that you have friends who support you. Please know that there can be an end to the overwhelming feelings you're experiencing. It might take time and effort, but with the right support, you can work towards a future for yourself, I know it's easier said than done, so yeah, we are here for you. 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

17 hours ago, Megs- said:

this might turn out to be a hell of a long post so bare with me but like i said before i have a lot to say about my mental health journey so far so here goes -

I have been suffering mental health since I was 9 years old, I have had it difficult i must say, wont go into detail but had lots of hospital admissions, been involvled with CAMHS since age of 9, and had it rough. but let's not dwell on the negative things. I have come so far to this point today, I have been struggling recently but i try my best. The best thing i can do for myself is self-care. it is a bonus!

World mental health day is so important to me because, 2) i get to see how far i have com espically with all the shit i have had to deal with. I have gone through so much shit to get to the point i am rn. I do get days i dont want to be here, but you know what? I have come so far and gone through so much i cant give up. I deserve to see what to end of the tunnel has in store for me. 

I struggle day to day, I will admit it has been so frickin hard to get to the point i am rn. but im here and that is all that matters.

Life does get better, it just takes time and paitence. I know i give up most days but being the warrior you are and not giving into the demons that are in your head is the best thing you can do, Self-care, anything to distract yourself will always be benifcial for the future so you can look back in 5 years and go holy shit look how far i have come, you WILL get there, you will get to a point in your life where you will be happy and will be proud of the person and the strenth you have overcome the shit times in your life. You know I am a @ away, always here for y'all <3

Thank you for sharing your journey with such honesty and courage @Megs-. It takes incredible strength to overcome the challenges you've faced since such a young age. Your resilience is truly inspiring, and it's heart warming to see how far you've come. You're right; life does get better, and you're a living testament to that. Your words of encouragement and your willingness to help others are both touching and uplifting. Your future is full of potential, and the strength you've shown will continue to guide you toward a happier and brighter tomorrow.

World Mental Health Day is indeed an important reminder of your progress and the battles you've won. It's perfectly normal to have tough days, but your determination to keep going, to fight those inner demons, and to focus on self-care is commendable. You're a true warrior. Remember, you're never alone on this journey. Reach out whenever you need support, we all are here for you. 

• Thanks 1

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Luie said:

Thank you for sharing your journey with such honesty and courage @Megs-. It takes incredible strength to overcome the challenges you've faced since such a young age. Your resilience is truly inspiring, and it's heart warming to see how far you've come. You're right; life does get better, and you're a living testament to that. Your words of encouragement and your willingness to help others are both touching and uplifting. Your future is full of potential, and the strength you've shown will continue to guide you toward a happier and brighter tomorrow.

World Mental Health Day is indeed an important reminder of your progress and the battles you've won. It's perfectly normal to have tough days, but your determination to keep going, to fight those inner demons, and to focus on self-care is commendable. You're a true warrior. Remember, you're never alone on this journey. Reach out whenever you need support, we all are here for you. 

Thankyou @Luie means a lot!howre you 🥰

• Like 1