Moms for Liberty

ArtemisArt    

As I’m sure you can guess from the title of you have heard of the organization this is not great, in fact, this is fecking terrifying. Moms for Liberty is an anti CRT, anti LGBTQ+, anti trans in sports,  cause of a lot of major book bans, trying to ‘take over’ school boards organization. They believe that teachers have an agenda, trump and desantis are heros, and that gays are ‘filth’ (direct quote there by the way) and, they are moving into my area. Now, I’m not going to pretend that my home town is an LGBTQ+ haven, but I did feel safe enough to come out fairly publicly, to the point I have worn a pride flag while walking across town to a pride event. With them moving in I am considering taking my tiny one out of my window. Oh, they also are already calling to stop funding the public library one town over, our library literally has pride flags in the entry way, so I guarantee they will target them. I know a lot of teachers who are already stressed, they don’t need this now too. I fear they may even go after my church, as we basically voted that we are chill with the community. This is a storm that has been brewing for a while, I was just hoping to be gone by then. Anyway, in a related note, is there a way for me to switch the email they this account is linked to? I no longer feel safe having it with my school account…

8 hours ago, ArtemisArt said:

As I’m sure you can guess from the title of you have heard of the organization this is not great, in fact, this is fecking terrifying. Moms for Liberty is an anti CRT, anti LGBTQ+, anti trans in sports,  cause of a lot of major book bans, trying to ‘take over’ school boards organization. They believe that teachers have an agenda, trump and desantis are heros, and that gays are ‘filth’ (direct quote there by the way) and, they are moving into my area. Now, I’m not going to pretend that my home town is an LGBTQ+ haven, but I did feel safe enough to come out fairly publicly, to the point I have worn a pride flag while walking across town to a pride event. With them moving in I am considering taking my tiny one out of my window. Oh, they also are already calling to stop funding the public library one town over, our library literally has pride flags in the entry way, so I guarantee they will target them. I know a lot of teachers who are already stressed, they don’t need this now too. I fear they may even go after my church, as we basically voted that we are chill with the community. This is a storm that has been brewing for a while, I was just hoping to be gone by then. Anyway, in a related note, is there a way for me to switch the email they this account is linked to? I no longer feel safe having it with my school account…

Wow, I'm sorry to hear all this is happening in your community and it's sad that people are made to feel scared and uncomfortable just because of being in the LGBTQ+ community.  I will let you know that only DTL staff can see your email, and you might be able to turn off email notifications. But if you still want it removed, I will tag some others to see what could be done about that: @Digital Mentor@Harper

How are you holding up emotionally with all of this happening?

Staff-Account.png

emotionaly, honestly it is just more stress to top off a lot of stress I am already under. my firend group and I have been trying to show as many people that we know to warn them, but really I just want it to not happen

• Digital Mentor
16 hours ago, ArtemisArt said:

emotionaly, honestly it is just more stress to top off a lot of stress I am already under. my firend group and I have been trying to show as many people that we know to warn them, but really I just want it to not happen

Hi @ArtemisArt,

This group sounds really intense and it sounds like everyone is taking it really seriously. I am so sorry that these people are around and are about to get dangerously close to your home. I completely understand that it would make you concerned. They do seem bold considering they were only created 2 years ago, but they might also be very arrogant about it, and not expect people to say anything about it. If your church has voted for LGBTQ+ and your local library has a pride flag, it might be harder than they think to "get through" with their message. Do you have someone you can talk to about this? It might even be worth doing a meeting about it in school so that you can all stand united against this. What do you think?

Staff-Account.png