What can help with panic attacks

-Aussie- Β  Β 

Hello, I need help with this because For one of my classes i have to take pictures of the games and pep ralleys and stuff but loud sounds are a trigger for me. at the last pep ralley we had to get 150 pictures and i only got 18 because i had a panic attacks. I feel like i am letting them all down. I just need somthing to help me deal with them

24 minutes ago, -Aussie- said:

Hello, I need help with this because For one of my classes i have to take pictures of the games and pep ralleys and stuff but loud sounds are a trigger for me. at the last pep ralley we had to get 150 pictures and i only got 18 because i had a panic attacks. I feel like i am letting them all down. I just need somthing to help me deal with them

Maybe take a look through this topic? I'll tag @AuroraΒ in so that if you want to reply to anything from that thread here, they can be in contact

39 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Maybe take a look through this topic? I'll tag @AuroraΒ in so that if you want to reply to anything from that thread here, they can be in contact

alr!

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Thanks so much for tagging me inΒ @Emberfrost12

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, -Aussie- said:

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Maybe have a little read through the post Emberfrost12 linked you to and see what you think. You mentioned that loud sounds are a trigger for you - I'm wondering whether you might be able to wear ear plugs for when you're taking the pictures so you don't hear the loud sounds as much. Do you think that might work?Β 

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Maybe have a little read through the post Emberfrost12 linked you to and see what you think. You mentioned that loud sounds are a trigger for you - I'm wondering whether you might be able to wear ear plugs for when you're taking the pictures so you don't hear the loud sounds as much. Do you think that might work?Β 

I did look through it and i didn't see anhything that could help, The school doesn't have any ear plugs and i don't haveany either. I can see if i can get some. I really hope it can help but i have really good hearing and even if a plug my ears it is still really loud. do you have anything else that may help?

bump

Β 

If anyone knows what Tic disorter is and has anything to help with that pls say so

Edited by -Aussie-

• Digital Mentor
On 9/19/2023 at 3:20 PM, -Aussie- said:

I did look through it and i didn't see anhything that could help, The school doesn't have any ear plugs and i don't haveany either. I can see if i can get some. I really hope it can help but i have really good hearing and even if a plug my ears it is still really loud. do you have anything else that may help?

Can I ask, when the event is? If I remember correctly you mentioned before that the school knows that you have struggle with loud noises, Is that right? Who do you think would be the best person to talk to about this in your school?Β  would imagine that your school wants to make sure that everyone can participate and have fun on the day and they should be able to help you with this. What do you think?Β 

Also, I noticed that you were asking about Tic disorder. Is this something you've been diagnoses with and do you feel comfortable, telling me a bit more about it?Β 

Staff-Account.png

Can I ask, when the event is? If I remember correctly you mentioned before that the school knows that you have struggle with loud noises, Is that right? Who do you think would be the best person to talk to about this in your school?Β  would imagine that your school wants to make sure that everyone can participate and have fun on the day and they should be able to help you with this. What do you think?Β 

Also, I noticed that you were asking about Tic disorder. Is this something you've been diagnoses with and do you feel comfortable, telling me a bit more about it?Β 

the events are peprallys the school does . I don't know if there is someone i can talk to because I have to be in there to take pictures for our year book staff.

About the tics I was never diagnosed but it iis very very clear that i have tics, It is not tourettes but i start ticing a lot when i get stressed or when my anxity acts up or when i get madΒ 

• Digital Mentor
18 hours ago, -Aussie- said:

the events are peprallys the school does . I don't know if there is someone i can talk to because I have to be in there to take pictures for our year book staff.

About the tics I was never diagnosed but it iis very very clear that i have tics, It is not tourettes but i start ticing a lot when i get stressed or when my anxity acts up or when i get madΒ 

Ok, so these are regular events at your school. Is that right? Can you speak to someone from the year book staff about your concerns and see if they have any ideas on how you can still take the photos without being scared by all the loud noises? They might have some practical ideas. What do you think?Β 

Thanks for explaining your tics a bit better. Do you mind me asking how long you've been having them? Loads of people get them (we don't always notice them as some tics can be very subtle like coughing, hair flicking or lip biting) and as you said, they usually get worse when we're stressed or anxious . You might already know this but if you can try not to pay your tics much attention. Easier said then done, I know! And if you notice a tic coming up don't try and keep it in. The more we tried to keep them in the more they want to come out and it can make them more intense . Also, how is your sleeping at the moment? Being tired can make tics worse so it might be a good idea to try and make sure you get enough sleep. The good news is that most tics are temporary and they often disappear again after a little while.Β 

Staff-Account.png

15 hours ago, Aurora said:

Ok, so these are regular events at your school. Is that right? Can you speak to someone from the year book staff about your concerns and see if they have any ideas on how you can still take the photos without being scared by all the loud noises? They might have some practical ideas. What do you think?Β 

Thanks for explaining your tics a bit better. Do you mind me asking how long you've been having them? Loads of people get them (we don't always notice them as some tics can be very subtle like coughing, hair flicking or lip biting) and as you said, they usually get worse when we're stressed or anxious . You might already know this but if you can try not to pay your tics much attention. Easier said then done, I know! And if you notice a tic coming up don't try and keep it in. The more we tried to keep them in the more they want to come out and it can make them more intense . Also, how is your sleeping at the moment? Being tired can make tics worse so it might be a good idea to try and make sure you get enough sleep. The good news is that most tics are temporary and they often disappear again after a little while.Β 

yep, I can try and talk to my year book teacher to see if she has any ideas.

I think i have had tics for about a month, my tics are more of head ticcing so it is very noticable and when tha happens it pay attion to them then get mad at the tics then theey get worse. About the sleep i have been getting about 3 hours max of sleep. I can't really sleep because i get too anxious about my parents. I am also not allowed to take medican to help me sleep.Β 

Edited by -Aussie-

• Digital Mentor
On 9/23/2023 at 12:01 AM, -Aussie- said:

yep, I can try and talk to my year book teacher to see if she has any ideas.

I think i have had tics for about a month, my tics are more of head ticcing so it is very noticable and when tha happens it pay attion to them then get mad at the tics then theey get worse. About the sleep i have been getting about 3 hours max of sleep. I can't really sleep because i get too anxious about my parents. I am also not allowed to take medican to help me sleep.Β 

I hope your year book teacher can help you with this. Maybe you can let me know how you get on (if you're comfortable to).

I'm sorry that your tics are quite noticeable - that does make it a lot more difficult to ignore. What you could try is to be kind to yourself and try not to get mad at yourself for having them. What would you say to a friend who had them? Sometimes thinking about what advice we would give to others can be really helpful advice for ourselves, too.Β  As I mentioned before they are pretty common and chances are that there will be others around you that also have them (you just might not have noticed them). I would imagine that the tics might be a way for your body to cope with all the stress you've been experiencing recently. If you can, try and accept that there are here for now and remind yourself that tics often disappear again on their own after a short amount of time. How does that sound?Β 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been getting so little sleep. Anxiety can haveΒ  a big impact on our sleep. Would you like to talk about this some more in confidential support?Β 

Staff-Account.png

I hope your year book teacher can help you with this. Maybe you can let me know how you get on (if you're comfortable to).

I'm sorry that your tics are quite noticeable - that does make it a lot more difficult to ignore. What you could try is to be kind to yourself and try not to get mad at yourself for having them. What would you say to a friend who had them? Sometimes thinking about what advice we would give to others can be really helpful advice for ourselves, too.Β  As I mentioned before they are pretty common and chances are that there will be others around you that also have them (you just might not have noticed them). I would imagine that the tics might be a way for your body to cope with all the stress you've been experiencing recently. If you can, try and accept that there are here for now and remind yourself that tics often disappear again on their own after a short amount of time. How does that sound?Β 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been getting so little sleep. Anxiety can haveΒ  a big impact on our sleep. Would you like to talk about this some more in confidential support?Β 

we can talk here orΒ  in CS i don't really careΒ 

I can try and do what you said but it is hard to whenΒ  i am talking to my self rafther than others. I know someone else who has tics and i have talked to them about it so i can try and take some of my own advice.Β 

• Digital Mentor
16 hours ago, -Aussie- said:

we can talk here orΒ  in CS i don't really careΒ 

I can try and do what you said but it is hard to whenΒ  i am talking to my self rafther than others. I know someone else who has tics and i have talked to them about it so i can try and take some of my own advice.Β 

I get that it's hard. The thing I always find hardest is to try not to pay attention to something when it's actually bothering me. There are quite a few situations in life where we are told to not focus on something and just relax as this will help but that's definitely easier said than done!! One thing I find helpful in that situation is to have a phrase that I can keep coming back to, which I tell myself again and again. This usually helps me to just focus my attention on what I am telling myself. In your case it could maybe be something like "it's just my body telling me that I am stressed. It will pass" or anything else that you think might be helpful for you to hear when you notice your tics. Do you think that might work? Would you like to give this a go?Β 

I can imagine it's probably quite nice for you that you know someone else who has tics. Have you spoken to them about your own tics?Β 

Do you mind me asking, how long you've been having sleep problems? Are you comfortable talking me through what you do before you go to sleep?Β 

Staff-Account.png

6 hours ago, Aurora said:

I get that it's hard. The thing I always find hardest is to try not to pay attention to something when it's actually bothering me. There are quite a few situations in life where we are told to not focus on something and just relax as this will help but that's definitely easier said than done!! One thing I find helpful in that situation is to have a phrase that I can keep coming back to, which I tell myself again and again. This usually helps me to just focus my attention on what I am telling myself. In your case it could maybe be something like "it's just my body telling me that I am stressed. It will pass" or anything else that you think might be helpful for you to hear when you notice your tics. Do you think that might work? Would you like to give this a go?Β 

I can imagine it's probably quite nice for you that you know someone else who has tics. Have you spoken to them about your own tics?Β 

Do you mind me asking, how long you've been having sleep problems? Are you comfortable talking me through what you do before you go to sleep?Β 

I can try that it may help.

we dont talk about the tics because we don't like it

]I have been having sleep problems for a while but it was nothing like this.Β 

I don't really do anything before bed i mean i watch tv but thats about it

• Digital Mentor
On 9/26/2023 at 3:37 PM, -Aussie- said:

I can try that it may help.

we dont talk about the tics because we don't like it

]I have been having sleep problems for a while but it was nothing like this.Β 

I don't really do anything before bed i mean i watch tv but thats about it

Ok, that's helpful to know. Sometimes when we have difficulties sleeping it's because we can't switch off. You mentioned that you can't sleep because you get too anxious about your parents. If you could say something to your parents and you would know that they would just listen to what you had to say and wouldn't say anything in response, what would you like to say to them? What would be the most important thing you would like them to know? Please don't feel you have to answer this - only if you feel comfortable to.Β 

Staff-Account.png