Hallucinations or In My Head?

ChaiLatte137    

(Okay yes I know hallucinations count as "in your head because that's what hallucinations are but)

I've had hallucinations (auditory, tactile, visual) since childhood, like age 3 or 4.  That's my day to day.  No one knows why.  But recently have been also hearing voices IN my head.  Hallucinations that I've had always sound like someone or something outside my head, like regular sounds you hear.  But now I get three or more voices saying things in my head.  Nothing profound.  Usually either chanting a phrase for an hour or just spouting nonsense. 

Stress? New flavor of hallucinations? Obsessive thinking? Something I need to bring up in therapy or with my psychiatrist?  Anyone deal with something similar?

Google looks at my frequent searches for coping with disassociation (which i also deal with) and goes "AHA YOU HAVE D.I.D." because that's what google does.  I do not trust google.  google also tells me i have 7 kinds of cancer.  i do not listen to google for diagnosis.  

anyway this is nothing urgent or anything.  tbh I'm more curious than anything. 

2 hours ago, ChaiLatte137 said:

(Okay yes I know hallucinations count as "in your head because that's what hallucinations are but)

I've had hallucinations (auditory, tactile, visual) since childhood, like age 3 or 4.  That's my day to day.  No one knows why.  But recently have been also hearing voices IN my head.  Hallucinations that I've had always sound like someone or something outside my head, like regular sounds you hear.  But now I get three or more voices saying things in my head.  Nothing profound.  Usually either chanting a phrase for an hour or just spouting nonsense. 

Stress? New flavor of hallucinations? Obsessive thinking? Something I need to bring up in therapy or with my psychiatrist?  Anyone deal with something similar?

Google looks at my frequent searches for coping with disassociation (which i also deal with) and goes "AHA YOU HAVE D.I.D." because that's what google does.  I do not trust google.  google also tells me i have 7 kinds of cancer.  i do not listen to google for diagnosis.  

anyway this is nothing urgent or anything.  tbh I'm more curious than anything. 

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm wondering, can you give me some examples of what they are saying and how long you have been experiencing these voices for? It's interesting that you have had other hallucinations for a long time now. I'm thinking, could it be worth telling someone else if you haven't already, like your parents/carers foe example?

Also, I'm interested to see if you have done any research about them online. If so, what have you found out so far? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e