Loneliness and shame

Angusaya Β  Β 

I've felt really sad for a long time. This last two years I wasn't able to meet new people and make new friends, but recently I did meet new people (I don't know if they are my friends). I am lucky to have my family supporting me, I spend time with them, but I still can't get off the feeling of loneliness.

Β 

Recently, I realized that I'm ashamed of myself. When I go out I try to cover my face, I hate my voice and I even hate my personality. I need to pretend around other people for them to like me, I wish I was someone else.

• Hug 1

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing this with us. We can all relate to feeling lonely at some point. It is really common, but people often feel like they can’t talk about it, so we glad you are. I’m wondering, where do you think that feeling of loneliness comes from, and what is it like for you? Is there possibly a link between that and feeling ashamed of yourself?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

22 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing this with us. We can all relate to feeling lonely at some point. It is really common, but people often feel like they can’t talk about it, so we glad you are. I’m wondering, where do you think that feeling of loneliness comes from, and what is it like for you? Is there possibly a link between that and feeling ashamed of yourself?Β 

I don't know where it exactly comes from, but it affects in a way that makes me feel like I don't have a real connection with anyone, and I tend to think that it's fault of my personality and how I am.

Maybe that's the reason I want to be someone else.

18 hours ago, Angusaya said:

I don't know where it exactly comes from, but it affects in a way that makes me feel like I don't have a real connection with anyone, and I tend to think that it's fault of my personality and how I am.

Maybe that's the reason I want to be someone else.

Hey there,

That totally makes sense about how you feel like you don't have a real connection with anyone. That must be really hard for you. We all crave that kind of connection with people in our life, and I can imagine that it is making you feel quite low. I can see what you said about how you tend to think that it's fault of your personality and how you are; can you tell me more about that?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e