This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Blood/Graphic Description

Countdown

TinyDinos Β  Β 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by TinyDinos
Removed an image that had my sister in it
  • Like 2

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Blood/Graphic Description

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I forgot to update here, but GREAT NEWS!

My mom got back from the hospital with her friend earlier and our dog didn’t bite her!!! She jumped up on her when she got scared and her tooth got caught on her shirt, so when she pulled away it scratched her. The doctors said if it were a bite there would be puncture wounds on both sides of her arm and there were none :D

I get to keep my dog!!!

• Yaaas 1

I’m so grateful that I get to stay with my sweet baby this precious beauty πŸ’•

spacer.png

• Yaaas 1

• Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Blood/Graphic Description

Click this notice to reveal the content.
9 hours ago, TinyDinos said:

I forgot to update here, but GREAT NEWS!

My mom got back from the hospital with her friend earlier and our dog didn’t bite her!!! She jumped up on her when she got scared and her tooth got caught on her shirt, so when she pulled away it scratched her. The doctors said if it were a bite there would be puncture wounds on both sides of her arm and there were none :D

I get to keep my dog!!!

Thank you so much for updating us. I'm so happy to hear that you can keep your dog. Dogs (and other pets of course, too) often become part of our family and it can heart braking if we have to say goodbye to them. I can understand why you were really afraid of what might happen.Β 

Your dog is so adorable. She looks like a really friendly, kind dog.Β 

• Thanks 1

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 7/19/2023 at 4:49 PM, TinyDinos said:

Yeah I should have one sometime this month. I needed to go for something else anyways so I’ll just kinda mention it to the doctor then.

That's good, If you like you can let us know how it goes - no pressure though

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 7/19/2023 at 5:03 PM, TinyDinos said:

Good morning. I said I have a lot to think about pertaining to my perspectives on what’s causing these issues. I need to be better about separating the situation subjectively rather than just assuming everyone feels the same way about me as I do about myself if that makes sense.

Yeah he’s amazing. We’re very lucky to have him around. I think we just get along really well when we’re out and about. I think it might be a work/home balance thing and we’re all working all of the time so people are snippier with each other. I don’t think my approach works very well, but I’d rather have people who don’t listen to me and I’m not in the wrong rather than having people listen out of fear like my dad did, y’know? The problem is that my sister doesn’t care if I feel alone, she just says I’m dramatic. It makes her very hard to be around, because she just is a very self-serving person, even when we’re not arguing. I don’t know why she behaves this way but she does.

I haven’t had an effective calm conversation about something important. Ironically the one time we did stay calm was when my mom broke the news to us that she and our dad were divorcing. I think it was calm because of the shock of what was happening. When it comes to important issues, if I’m calm, I’m not heard. Then I get overwhelmed and angry. If I’m angry, I cry, then I just get in trouble because β€œnothing happened to me” and I need to β€œstop the drama”. Then it gets to the point where I get so upset by myself that I wind up yelling at my mom and just feeling worse overall because I yelled in the first place and I just cry more.Β I hate being upset.

nowadays that doesn’t really happen like that. I just get angry at myself more than anything and then I sit by myself until I feel better.

That makes complete sense. And I think that can be a really helpful thing to do. We often assume that other's will either see us the same way that we do or think about things the same way we do and this can often lead to misunderstandings. It's great that you are aware of this and that that's something you're trying to understand better.Β 

From everything you've told me, I'm wondering if it would make sense to speak to your family about the communication problems you've noticed. Maybe you could call a family meeting and tell them that you've noticed that everyone is working a lot and as a consequence people are snippier with each other, as everyone is feeling a bit stressed.Β  And that it would be nice to think about how you can communicate better as a family and come up with ways on how you can support each other. Do you think that might work? If so, then I would suggest that you pick a time, where everyone feels a bit more relaxed and no one is upset or hungry (I'm always surprised by how hunger can affect our mood). What do you think?Β 

Staff-Account.png

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

That's good, If you like you can let us know how it goes - no pressure though

Yeah.. it’s today. I’m dreading it and feeling sick. I’m supposed to get needles today :(

3 hours ago, Aurora said:

That makes complete sense. And I think that can be a really helpful thing to do. We often assume that other's will either see us the same way that we do or think about things the same way we do and this can often lead to misunderstandings. It's great that you are aware of this and that that's something you're trying to understand better.Β 

From everything you've told me, I'm wondering if it would make sense to speak to your family about the communication problems you've noticed. Maybe you could call a family meeting and tell them that you've noticed that everyone is working a lot and as a consequence people are snippier with each other, as everyone is feeling a bit stressed.Β  And that it would be nice to think about how you can communicate better as a family and come up with ways on how you can support each other. Do you think that might work? If so, then I would suggest that you pick a time, where everyone feels a bit more relaxed and no one is upset or hungry (I'm always surprised by how hunger can affect our mood). What do you think?Β 

That sounds good, I’ll try that :)

509 for yesterday, my sucky doctors app.

and 508 for today! Awake before the sun today for an epic fishing trip w my siblings and stepdad. Sleepy, but in high spirits :)

On 7/21/2023 at 4:16 PM, TinyDinos said:

Yeah.. it’s today. I’m dreading it and feeling sick. I’m supposed to get needles today :(

Hey there,

How did it go getting the needles? I hope it went as okay as it could!

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

How did it go getting the needles? I hope it went as okay as it could!

Yeah it went as good as it could’ve gone. My arm is sore now, and I have lab work to do next week that I’m dreading but it’s important that I get it done to make sure I’m not anemic and important stuff like that. otherwise it went well, thank you for asking :)

getting ready for church <3

59 minutes ago, TinyDinos said:

getting ready for church <3

Good luck ❀️

• Digital Mentor
19 hours ago, TinyDinos said:

Yeah it went as good as it could’ve gone. My arm is sore now, and I have lab work to do next week that I’m dreading but it’s important that I get it done to make sure I’m not anemic and important stuff like that. otherwise it went well, thank you for asking :)

I hope your arm is feeling better now. I'm glad to hear it went well otherwise. Did you get a chance to talk to your doctor about how you've been feeling?Β 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 7/21/2023 at 4:16 PM, TinyDinos said:

That sounds good, I’ll try that :)

If you like you can let me know how it goes (no pressure of course). I hope it goes really well.Β 

Staff-Account.png

7 hours ago, Aurora said:

I hope your arm is feeling better now. I'm glad to hear it went well otherwise. Did you get a chance to talk to your doctor about how you've been feeling?Β 

No, unfortunately 😞

they were having trouble with the mental health screening questionaire stuff, so only my little sister got to do it and my mom seemed distressed enough just talking about my sister’s mental health situation. my sister says my mom said we can talk to her about anything and that she’d prefer to know before a doctor, but I still have my reservations because of past experiences.. I’m thinking about talking to her when the time is right.

high anxiety morning and I’ve only been awake for an hour :(

hopefully I’ll have some β€œme time” today but I doubt utilize happen. Theater performance is this weekend so I’m gonna be pretty busy

3 hours ago, TinyDinos said:

No, unfortunately 😞

they were having trouble with the mental health screening questionaire stuff, so only my little sister got to do it and my mom seemed distressed enough just talking about my sister’s mental health situation. my sister says my mom said we can talk to her about anything and that she’d prefer to know before a doctor, but I still have my reservations because of past experiences.. I’m thinking about talking to her when the time is right.

Hey there,

Your reservations are completely understandable given that your past experiences with her. I'm wondering, do you think she'd be open to maybe hearing how those experiences were for you so that she can then learn to do things differently? Also, I'm sorry to hear you're having a high anxiety morning. I'm wondering, would you like to tell me more about that anxiety if you feel comfortable? Is there something you're feeling anxious about specifically?Β 

On 7/24/2023 at 12:37 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Your reservations are completely understandable given that your past experiences with her. I'm wondering, do you think she'd be open to maybe hearing how those experiences were for you so that she can then learn to do things differently? Also, I'm sorry to hear you're having a high anxiety morning. I'm wondering, would you like to tell me more about that anxiety if you feel comfortable? Is there something you're feeling anxious about specifically?Β 

There was just some yelling in the morning that day and that is a major trigger for me. everyone was really stressed but my week has gotten better :)

Holy crap I’ve been gone for a hot minute!

The MLB movie came out yesterday and I LOOOOOOVED it!!! It was amazing and it’s one of my new favorites <3
Β 

I also dyed my hair blue and black today and I absolutely ADORE it!Β 

I alsoΒ have my performance for musical theater tomorrow morning, Β so wish me luck! :)

Β 

im SO HYPED! My theater performance is 2 hours away and time is moving quickly!!! So excited :)

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, TinyDinos said:

im SO HYPED! My theater performance is 2 hours away and time is moving quickly!!! So excited :)

Happy Paul Rudd GIF by Saturday Night LiveHappy You Can Do It GIF by Mickey Mouse

• Thanks 1

Staff-Account.png

Best Wishes Good Luck GIF

• Thanks 1

Hey there,

I'm glad your week got better! Also, I hope the theatre performance went well. How did it go? I think I'm too late to say good luck... but good luck anyway!Β 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luie said:

Happy Paul Rudd GIF by Saturday Night LiveHappy You Can Do It GIF by Mickey Mouse

Β 

2 hours ago, Megs- said:

Best Wishes Good Luck GIF

Β 

15 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm glad your week got better! Also, I hope the theatre performance went well. How did it go? I think I'm too late to say good luck... but good luck anyway!Β 

Thank you for all of the support! It went PHENOMENALLY!!! 🀩

and I made it through with only one panic attack! :D

the kids all did great and I’m super proud of myself and my sisters! There were several issues (the people supposed to open the building we were using no-showed us and we had to relocate last minute, start and hour later than anticipated, and switch from lappelle mics to handhelds bc of techΒ difficulties) but despite it all everyone performed wonderfully.Β 

im a little sad my friends didn’t show up though. One said she couldn’t make it ahead of time, one said she’s ask her parents if she could go but never got back to me and one said he could go and that he’d be there but also no-showed me without warning :(

anyways I’m proud of myself and I’m heading to the beach to get some well deserved rest ^-^