Weirdest compliments you've gotten

Emberfrost12 ย  ย 

When I was about 5 years old I think I was I got hold of some scissors and chopped off my fringe, I then was about to start cutting my ENTIRE hair but my dad stopped me, but he joked and said, โ€˜if you carry on cutting your hair, youโ€™ll look like Patrick from SpongeBob square pantsโ€™ and to this day, I kinda feel like he hated me ๐Ÿ˜‚. Like thatโ€™s definitely not a compliment, but I find it funny haha ๐Ÿ˜‚.ย 

• Haha 1

• Digital Mentor
On 8/31/2023 at 6:35 PM, Megs- said:

When I was about 5 years old I think I was I got hold of some scissors and chopped off my fringe, I then was about to start cutting my ENTIRE hair but my dad stopped me, but he joked and said, โ€˜if you carry on cutting your hair, youโ€™ll look like Patrick from SpongeBob square pantsโ€™ and to this day, I kinda feel like he hated me ๐Ÿ˜‚. Like thatโ€™s definitely not a compliment, but I find it funny haha ๐Ÿ˜‚.ย 

Sounds like he definitely took it better than my mum did when I found the scissors at the same age. I remember lots of crying and cursingย ๐Ÿ˜ฌย Chill ma... it grew out again didn't it!! #birdsnest

I like that Patrick Starfish was the first character that came to mind at this point of shockย ๐Ÿ˜…ย I love SpongeBob

• Haha 1

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Duckie said:

Sounds like he definitely took it better than my mum did when I found the scissors at the same age. I remember lots of crying and cursingย ๐Ÿ˜ฌย Chill ma... it grew out again didn't it!! #birdsnest

I like that Patrick Starfish was the first character that came to mind at this point of shockย ๐Ÿ˜…ย I love SpongeBob

Oh yes haha ๐Ÿ˜‚! Me too, love SpongeBob lmao ๐Ÿคฃย 

• Digital Mentor
17 minutes ago, Megs- said:

Oh yes haha ๐Ÿ˜‚! Me too, love SpongeBob lmao ๐Ÿคฃย 

Favourite quote. Hands down.

"SpongeBob:
Hey Patrick, are you angry too?!

Patrick:
Yeah,

SpongeBob:
What's the matter?

Patrick:
I can't see my forehead! What's your problem?
"

ย 

• Haha 1

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Duckie said:

LMFAO. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ youโ€™re to funny, Duckie! Thatโ€™s why I like you haha ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

That I had a good sense of humour don't think I have but it was nice to hear . ๐Ÿ™‚

21 hours ago, Jodiealice3123 said:

That I had a good sense of humour don't think I have but it was nice to hear . ๐Ÿ™‚

You do have a good sense of humour, I think thatโ€™s why we get along because we both laugh at the same things ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿฅฒ

• Like 1

People keep comparing me to Sheldon Cooper, young and old, and...thanks for the compliment. Or, no thanks? I honestly don't know how to feel about this

This wasn't really meant as a positive but it was a weirdly specific observation

When I was in like 8th grade this person just stared at me for like a solid 10 seconds and then said "you look like you play minecraft". I don't know how to feel about that ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

• Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

People keep comparing me to Sheldon Cooper, young and old, and...thanks for the compliment. Or, no thanks? I honestly don't know how to feel about this

Oh that is a complicated compliment. I mean he has good sides and all, but still, this compliment would confuse me too. Do you think the person saying it meant well?

I was compared to JD from Scrubs once... the divvy that spaces out and gets emotional. JD lifts Scrubs as Sheldon lifts BBT, but I still don't like the comparison, so I get you.

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
4 minutes ago, Zach Cant Focus said:

This wasn't really meant as a positive but it was a weirdly specific observation

When I was in like 8th grade this person just stared at me for like a solid 10 seconds and then said "you look like you play minecraft". I don't know how to feel about that ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Oh wow, what does that even mean?

Maybe this person was hoping to find a fellow gamer in you. It's strange how people say these things, as if we're meant to know exactly what they mean by that. Did they ever explain what they meant by it?

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Duckie said:

Oh wow, what does that even mean?

Maybe this person was hoping to find a fellow gamer in you. It's strange how people say these things, as if we're meant to know exactly what they mean by that. Did they ever explain what they meant by it?

No but I kinda do look like that lmao

20 hours ago, Duckie said:

Oh that is a complicated compliment. I mean he has good sides and all, but still, this compliment would confuse me too. Do you think the person saying it meant well?

I was compared to JD from Scrubs once... the divvy that spaces out and gets emotional. JD lifts Scrubs as Sheldon lifts BBT, but I still don't like the comparison, so I get you.

I have gotten it as an insult and as an actual compliment. Multiple people have made the comparison....