This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm, Suicide, Heavy emotion, Other, Sexual Assault & Rape

What are you thinking about right now

Bebop and Bebe    

On 4/6/2024 at 3:57 PM, Luie said:

Heyy @Yashi29, other support mentors are off during the weekend, but I am here so please do give me a shout if you'd wanna talk about what's going on?

It's fine, it was just me thinking same old stuffs again and again, not leaving my mind for a second to rest.

• Hug 1

On 4/4/2024 at 2:27 PM, Aurora said:

Are you OK @Yashi29? Did something happen? We're here for you if you want to talk about it. 

Thanks for asking @Aurora, i am fine now! : )

• Like 1
  • Hug 2

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Sexual Assault & Rape

Click this notice to reveal the content.

being almost r@ped byy my bf

• Ditch the Label Staff

2 hours ago, AshtonBeach said:

I’m so sorry this happened to you. Are you safe now and did you get any support for this?

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

3 hours ago, AshtonBeach said:

Hi Ashton, 

I am not able right now to talk fully on this subject as it’s very triggering but, I just wanted to say are you safe? I know things are hard with this person right now and I want you safe. Have you reported this to anybody? You matter and this person shouldn’t get away with this. This is a criminal offence and I advise you to tell somebody. I know it’s hard but, I found it hard to tell someone what happened but you’ll be supported with this. Have you got someone who can support you? Worried about you. You deserve to be treated nicely and you deserve to be loved in a kind way. I am truly sorry, Ashton. I hope you’re okay in the best way you can be right now, I am so sorry I am not much help but here for you. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Blondie said:

I’m so sorry this happened to you. Are you safe now and did you get any support for this?

Im in a safe spot rn yes and no to the second question.

13 minutes ago, Megs- said:

Hi Ashton, 

I am not able right now to talk fully on this subject as it’s very triggering but, I just wanted to say are you safe? I know things are hard with this person right now and I want you safe. Have you reported this to anybody? 

Yeah Atm Im helping some little kids roght now  so im "safe''. And no I dont think I can I honestly shouldve figured it out soon tbh he asked to meet me where evryone hooksup and I shouldt have gone i mean its not to bad right? He is nice besides that

• Digital Mentor

Hi @AshtonBeach. If it would be helpful to process what happened I’m happy to connect with you on confidential support. That way you can talk more openly about what happened and we can avoid it potentially being triggering to others. What do you think? 

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
On 4/8/2024 at 10:06 PM, Yashi29 said:

No not bump into him , i wish i never meet him again in my life, but the thoughts keep on coming and disturbing me in daily life, and somewhere it is affecting my nature, being extra conscious and not trusting anyone like that, i can't feel like it's me.

It's no wonder you feel like that. This was traumatic for you to go through and it's going to take a while for you to teach your mind that you are not at risk of the same exposure and heartbreak anymore. Be kind to yourself. One day you will forget all about them ❤️ Maybe being back home is triggering these feelings?

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

23 hours ago, AshtonBeach said:

Im in a safe spot rn yes and no to the second question.

Yeah Atm Im helping some little kids roght now  so im "safe''. And no I dont think I can I honestly shouldve figured it out soon tbh he asked to meet me where evryone hooksup and I shouldt have gone i mean its not to bad right? He is nice besides that

Agreeing to meet up is not the same as giving consent ❤️ And it is not up to you to figure out when someone does or is about to do something bad. Let's chat on CS ❤️

Staff-Account.png

How well I’ve done! 

• Yaaas 1

• Digital Mentor
13 hours ago, Megs- said:

How well I’ve done! 

We're all super proud of you, Megs 💪

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 4/8/2024 at 10:10 PM, Yashi29 said:

Thanks for asking @Aurora, i am fine now! : )

I'm glad to hear that. We're always here for you if there is anything on your mind 🤗

Staff-Account.png

11 hours ago, Aurora said:

We're all super proud of you, Megs 💪

Aw thanks, Aurora ☺️

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 12:31 AM, Duckie said:

It's no wonder you feel like that. This was traumatic for you to go through and it's going to take a while for you to teach your mind that you are not at risk of the same exposure and heartbreak anymore. Be kind to yourself. One day you will forget all about them ❤️ Maybe being back home is triggering these feelings?

Yea that was the issue when i was back home, all the negative things started surrounding me again, the 'PAST' and everything related to it, it was full 2 years so it won't go this easy, and here in bangalore, i don't have time to think much about them already got so many things here to do in office, and to interact with new people. learning new things, visiting my home brings back the old memories. here i am good! Thanks for understanding me always <3 :) Glad to have you!

• Digital Mentor
18 hours ago, Yashi29 said:

Yea that was the issue when i was back home, all the negative things started surrounding me again, the 'PAST' and everything related to it, it was full 2 years so it won't go this easy, and here in bangalore, i don't have time to think much about them already got so many things here to do in office, and to interact with new people. learning new things, visiting my home brings back the old memories. here i am good! Thanks for understanding me always <3 :) Glad to have you!

Hi there!

Even if it happened 2 years ago, you never got a chance to get full closure considering you still had to live in the aftermath of what happened. It sounds like it might be good for you to be away. But it is OK to feel all the feelings - get it out of your system and dare to mourn. Because as welcome as the distraction is of being away and learning new things, it is also important to allow yourself to heal and slowly take back your own space ❤️

Staff-Account.png

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Heavy emotion

My past, and what I did to deserve it. Feel horrible. ( sorry, just overthinking the past and I can’t get rid of it ). 

Going on a date next week with my boyfriend, we’re going to Primark and then out for a meal! We’re celebrating my 2 months free from hurting myself, so I’m excited 😝. We’re celebrating early as the day im 2 months he’s at work so it makes sense to do it next week! 🌸🌸

• Yay! 1

• Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, Megs- said:

Going on a date next week with my boyfriend, we’re going to Primark and then out for a meal! We’re celebrating my 2 months free from hurting myself, so I’m excited 😝. We’re celebrating early as the day im 2 months he’s at work so it makes sense to do it next week! 🌸🌸

That's so lovely! I am so happy you are both making plans to celebrate your progress! That sounds amazing! 🤩

Staff-Account.png

6 minutes ago, Duckie said:

That's so lovely! I am so happy you are both making plans to celebrate your progress! That sounds amazing! 🤩

Thank you so much!! 

Edited by AshtonBeach

9 hours ago, Duckie said:

Hi there!

Even if it happened 2 years ago, you never got a chance to get full closure considering you still had to live in the aftermath of what happened. It sounds like it might be good for you to be away. But it is OK to feel all the feelings - get it out of your system and dare to mourn. Because as welcome as the distraction is of being away and learning new things, it is also important to allow yourself to heal and slowly take back your own space ❤️

I don't know how to allow myself to heal properly from it, i am away from it to distract me that's correct, but what can i do to give me my own space? It's the complicated thing, because i don't want to remember them if i do, i will start going into that phase again and if i don't, i am running away and someday suddenly if it comes it will hurt me. I am so confused about how we can heal ourselves and give us time to accept and move on? Is it really possible to accept the way we are, what happened and be happy about it? Is there any other way than running away from those things that gave you trauma?

The fact that I was just asked out by the gayest  couple in school

My strength and kindness. 

• Like 3

• Digital Mentor
On 4/15/2024 at 8:48 PM, Yashi29 said:

I don't know how to allow myself to heal properly from it, i am away from it to distract me that's correct, but what can i do to give me my own space? It's the complicated thing, because i don't want to remember them if i do, i will start going into that phase again and if i don't, i am running away and someday suddenly if it comes it will hurt me. I am so confused about how we can heal ourselves and give us time to accept and move on? Is it really possible to accept the way we are, what happened and be happy about it? Is there any other way than running away from those things that gave you trauma?

Heyy @Yashi29, dealing with the aftermath of a breakup can be incredibly challenging, especially when you're trying to find a balance between allowing yourself to heal and not wanting to dwell on the past.

Firstly, I want to acknowledge the complexity of your feelings. It's completely normal to feel confused and unsure about how to navigate through this process. It's okay to take your time and allow yourself to feel whatever emotions come up, whether it's sadness, anger, or confusion, I know I'd be feeling the same way if I was in your position. 

However, it is important to find healthy ways to give yourself space and time to heal. While distractions can provide temporary relief, it's also essential to create moments of solitude where you can reflect on your feelings and experiences. This could involve engaging in activities that bring you peace and comfort, such as journaling, meditation, spending time in nature, or pursuing hobbies that you enjoy. How have you been coping with your feelings lately? Is there anything specific that has helped you find moments of peace or clarity?

Healing from trauma is a journey, and it's okay to seek support along the way. You definitely have us here on DTL but I was wondering is there anyone in person who could also, provide a safe space and support? 

Also, I know that acceptance and moving on may feel like distant goals right now, but it's important to remember that healing is a gradual process. It's about learning to acknowledge what happened, finding ways to cope with the pain, and ultimately, finding peace within yourself. While it may not happen overnight, with time and self-compassion, it is possible to find happiness and fulfilment again 🙂

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

Primark!