Hey staff members?! What brought you to DTL?

Emberfrost12    

39 minutes ago, Blondie said:

I love this question @Emberfrost12!

I started life at DTL as a volunteer almost 10 years ago and never left... the cause really spoke to me and continues to inspire me every day. 🙂

Helping Journee De La Femme GIF by Libby VanderPloeg 

Now look how wonderful you are now! Thank you blondie :)

• Like 1

• Ditch the Label Staff
22 minutes ago, Leila_xx said:

Now look how wonderful you are now! Thank you blondie :)

Guru Studio Thank You GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

On 4/5/2023 at 4:20 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

As it says in the title, what brought you here, staff members??

(@Digital Mentor, @Tokyo, @Blondie

I am a newer staff here, but I have been working in mental health for quite some time, and was looking for something new to do, and happened to find this platform looking for new staff.  I think the people here are super great, and am so glad I happened to find this community! 😄

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 4/5/2023 at 10:20 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

What a great question 😀!! Like Catsup I have been working in mental health for a while, supporting families. I was looking for somewhere where I can work online and do flexible hours and I came across Ditch the Label. I have to admit as soon as I found out more about Ditch the Label I knew I had to work here. It's such a great charity and I love everything about it. The community members are all really supportive and welcoming, the staff are lovely and I'm inspired by the ethos behind it. I'm very lucky to be part of this amazing community 

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 5:20 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

I joined here few months ago, but I’ve been in the content moderation field for years. I was looking for a newer environment with flexibility and work-life balance until I found this awesome community, and I’m loving it! 😁 Thanks for this cool question :) 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff

A lovely question! I have been involved for many years and was drawn initially by my own experiences of knowing how tough it is to grow up, so I knew I already wanted to do something to help others and I just love DTL so much - our mission, our team, our partners, you guys and the sheer level of impact we're able to achieve, I personally find so rewarding!

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

8 minutes ago, Harper said:

A lovely question! I have been involved for many years and was drawn initially by my own experiences of knowing how tough it is to grow up, so I knew I already wanted to do something to help others and I just love DTL so much - our mission, our team, our partners, you guys and the sheer level of impact we're able to achieve, I personally find so rewarding!

How did you discover dtl in the beginning? 

And also, do you ever miss the old team members?

• Ditch the Label Staff
5 hours ago, SCARE said:

How did you discover dtl in the beginning? 

And also, do you ever miss the old team members?

Through social media actually. And yes! Some of them I'm still in touch with :)

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 4/5/2023 at 10:20 PM, SCARE said:

Hi SCARE,

How lovely of you to ask! 🥰

I'm Duckie. As I am fairly new here my answer is a bit late, but I hope it will still be satisfactory. 

I have dedicated most of my adult life to working with young people. I always want to be the person I needed when I was that age, so being able to say something that someone really needs to hear, is what motivates most of my actions in life. Because when you make other people stand a bit taller and make them feel listened to, you can't help but feel stronger yourself. Life hasn't always been kind to me and knowing how much a smile or a nice comment can change someone's whole perspective is something I know to be incredibly important in times of need and I want to be that person myself. I used to work in a youth residence and I always had tons of students in my office talking about everything from first heartbreak to friendship issues to homesickness. 

Being able to take some of that away, if only for a moment, is the most rewarding job I can do. And I did tons of fun activities and arts and crafts with them so that was cool :) This residence is not open today, but it was one of those experiences that made me realise what I wanted out of life. As that door closed, another one opened.

So long story short, I found this wonderful opportunity to join Ditch The Label and I did :) I am so grateful to be part of a community that practises the kindness I think everyone needs in life.

Staff-Account.png

7 hours ago, Duckie said:

Hi SCARE,

How lovely of you to ask! 🥰

I'm Duckie. As I am fairly new here my answer is a bit late, but I hope it will still be satisfactory. 

I have dedicated most of my adult life to working with young people. I always want to be the person I needed when I was that age, so being able to say something that someone really needs to hear, is what motivates most of my actions in life. Because when you make other people stand a bit taller and make them feel listened to, you can't help but feel stronger yourself. Life hasn't always been kind to me and knowing how much a smile or a nice comment can change someone's whole perspective is something I know to be incredibly important in times of need and I want to be that person myself. I used to work in a youth residence and I always had tons of students in my office talking about everything from first heartbreak to friendship issues to homesickness. 

Being able to take some of that away, if only for a moment, is the most rewarding job I can do. And I did tons of fun activities and arts and crafts with them so that was cool :) This residence is not open today, but it was one of those experiences that made me realise what I wanted out of life. As that door closed, another one opened.

So long story short, I found this wonderful opportunity to join Ditch The Label and I did :) I am so grateful to be part of a community that practises the kindness I think everyone needs in life.

Haha, I'm not too time sensitive about replies, you're all good

Wow....definitely a satisfactory answer :)

• Like 1