Stressing about a photo of me being leaked

Danthony384    

So this “girl” added me on snap and we were talking and she asked for a picture of my private. Turns out it was a scammer and now they are threatening to post the picture unless I pay them this is recent and I don’t know if I should go to the police, tell someone or just forget it. I feel ashamed and feel like if I tell someone then I will be judged. Someone please help, because of it I’m always stressed out and anxious. I’ve had to calm myself down just to try and get sleep.

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’m one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. I’m sorry to hear that you are being blackmailed. I just want you to know that none of this is your fault. In terms of what you can do next, please make sure to screenshot all of your conversations and also the account of the individual. Then, block them and report to the police. Once you’ve blocked, make sure to make all of your accounts private and change your usernames so they can’t find you.

The thing is, their only motivation is likely to be money, so when they realise they’re blocked, it’s likely they will just move on, because they will probably realise they aren’t going to get paid. What do you think? Also, how are you feeling today? 

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Thank you so much for this I’ll get working on changing all my accounts. I’m doing a little better since I got this issue off of my chest. I also reported already on here with two screenshots of the messages. Again thank you for being supportive.

56 minutes ago, Danthony384 said:

Thank you so much for this I’ll get working on changing all my accounts. I’m doing a little better since I got this issue off of my chest. I also reported already on here with two screenshots of the messages. Again thank you for being supportive.

Hey,

No problem. You could also ask your followers to block the account as well. Would you like anymore support with this now, or are you alright?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e