This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Suicide

Can anyone help me please?

Ez Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.

So my mental health is literal shit right now, I can barely go a day without trying to hurt/kill myself, but everyone thinks that I'm fine, because they never ask me how I'm actually doing, so I just suffer in silence. The other issue is, everyone has super high expectations for me, but I can't meet them because all of my energy is going towards just trying to stay alive. I have four tests next week, but I can't even study because I don't see the point, since there is no reason to have to know spanish or how to do math, if you really think about it, but I'll get punished if I don't pass, and I'll probably get my phone taken away, but that's like my only coping mechanism at this point. I just feel so hopeless right now.

• Hug 1

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @Ellie S, just letting you know that one of the mentors will be in touch with you shortly. We've got your back.

- Harper

Staff-Account.png

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Suicide

2 hours ago, Ez said:

So my mental health is literal shit right now, I can barely go a day without trying to hurt/kill myself, but everyone thinks that I'm fine, because they never ask me how I'm actually doing, so I just suffer in silence. The other issue is, everyone has super high expectations for me, but I can't meet them because all of my energy is going towards just trying to stay alive. I have four tests next week, but I can't even study because I don't see the point, since there is no reason to have to know spanish or how to do math, if you really think about it, but I'll get punished if I don't pass, and I'll probably get my phone taken away, but that's like my only coping mechanism at this point. I just feel so hopeless right now.

Hello, How are you feeling right now? Do you want to hurt you self in this moment?Β  Is there any thing that can help you get your mind off of hurting you self? Have you tried speaking out how you feel to you parents, friends,ect.Β  Maybe you could try writing down how you feel that is something that helps me. I was in the same position you are in not that long ago and just know that the people on here want to help you. I am sure the @Digital MentorΒ will help you too.Β 

Sorry if this is confusing to read.Β 

• Digital Mentor

2 hours ago, Ez said:

Heyy @Ez,Β  I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. I am truly sorry for all that you've been carrying around, it's been a lot on you. I can see that one of the other support mentors is in touch with you on confidential support. You are not alone in this, we care about you.Β 

Β 

I'm going to list some crisis details below so you have them to hand:Β 

• (UK) The Samaritans - 116 123 (This is a free service that operates 24/7)
  • (USA) Suicide and Crisis Lifeline - 988 Β (This is a free service that operates 24/7. You can call or text)Β 
  • A list of worldwide crisis lines can be found here: https://www.befrienders.org Β Β 
  • There's an app I can recommend called Stay Alive - it has safety plans to make sure you don’t harm yourself and you might find it helpful.
  • You can also call the police if you feel at risk
    Β 

Β 

Staff-Account.png

3 hours ago, -Marra- said:

Hello, How are you feeling right now? Do you want to hurt you self in this moment?Β  Is there any thing that can help you get your mind off of hurting you self? Have you tried speaking out how you feel to you parents, friends,ect.Β  Maybe you could try writing down how you feel that is something that helps me. I was in the same position you are in not that long ago and just know that the people on here want to help you. I am sure the @Digital MentorΒ will help you too.Β 

Sorry if this is confusing to read.Β 

Not great, I still want to hurt myself. Coding and working out both take my mind off it, but they haven't been working recently. I tried talking to one friend, but they couldn't really do much, because they had to go do something, and they live a few states away. I also do write a lot, however usually it makes me feel worse, just because it makes me face what I'm feeling.Β 

Don't worry, it's not

Luie
This post was recognized by Luie!

-Aussie- was awarded the badge 'Great Advice'

1 hour ago, Ez said:

Not great, I still want to hurt myself. Coding and working out both take my mind off it, but they haven't been working recently. I tried talking to one friend, but they couldn't really do much, because they had to go do something, and they live a few states away. I also do write a lot, however usually it makes me feel worse, just because it makes me face what I'm feeling.Β 

Don't worry, it's not

Have you every tried tell a adult like your parent/s or a teacher. Its good you have some things that will take you mine off of it but do you know why they are not working anymore. have you tried talking to the friend you told? if you face what you are feeling they you are aware of what it is your are feeling and you could try showing some one what you wrote if you don't want to tell in directly.Β 

• Digital Mentor

18 hours ago, Ez said:

Don't worry, it's not

I've followed up on Confidential Support, here for you @Ez!

Staff-Account.png