My boyfriend opened our relationship and i "agreed" but its uncomfortable for me

wildcat    

Well... Im having a really hard time to understand it. we both are male and bissexual.

I know, i agreed, but the only reason i agreed with it is for maintain our relationship. Im not really a jealousy or possessive person, but thinking he want to start other relationships (romantic and sexual, specifically) make feel incredibly cheated/betrayed.

I really consider him a good person, i love him, but that decision is making me depressive, very depressive. For me its like being phisically abused in a relationship, and its only my fault, because i agreed with these conditions...

Maybe i just need to open my mind more? Just need to forget the ideia of "being cheated"? I really don't know...

I want to at least try to be more acceptive before saying "I can't do it"... I need some opions and advice, please...

Hey WILDCAT,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so depressed. I know this may sound dramatic, but I want to know if you are thinking of taking your own life? We are here to help you, and I just want to make sure you're alright, so sorry if it seems a little over-the-top.

I get why you want to try it before saying you can't do it, but because of the way it's making you feel, I think it might be a good idea for you to speak to him about it. I know what lengths people go to in order to maintain their relationships, but some things are just too much. You sound like you're in a really bad way, and I think you need to be honest with him about this. It's the only way forward.

With your depressive thoughts, have you tried doing yoga, or exercising in general? They both help to elevate mood.

I hope you find this advice useful. Let me now and if not, we can figure something else out.

Sending positive vibes

-Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• Ditch the Label Staff

Some awesome advice from Monsoon already but wanted to chip in with this guide on how to speak to anyone about anything. There are some really useful tips on having those super difficult conversations:

https://us.ditchthelabel.org/conflict-resolution/

- Harper :)

Staff-Account.png