I'm crying lol

huskey Β  Β 

I'm crying because I realized that I am not okay. I know I have posted a lot, but I need some advice on how to love myself more. So many people think that I am perfect when I'm am the opposite. I don't completely hate myself, which is good, but I am definitely losing myself.Β 

• Hug 2

1 hour ago, huskey said:

I'm crying because I realized that I am not okay. I know I have posted a lot, but I need some advice on how to love myself more. So many people think that I am perfect when I'm am the opposite. I don't completely hate myself, which is good, but I am definitely losing myself.Β 

Hey there,

I noticed that you said you are losing yourself, and I'm wondering, can you tell me more about that? What is that like for you?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

8 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I noticed that you said you are losing yourself, and I'm wondering, can you tell me more about that? What is that like for you?

Well, it doesn't feel great. I have been going through a lot these past few years, so that why I came to DTL. You guys have already been a huge help. I feel like I am losing myself because I have started doing things that I don't do. For example, I have started isolating myself from certain people and I have started to get really angry for no reason. Like I said, you guys have really helped me already and I appreciate that. :)

Aurora
This post was recognized by Aurora!

"The notebook is a great idea :) Thank you for sharing"

Madeleine_357 was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness' and 10 points.

12 hours ago, huskey said:

If you want to love yourself more, maybe you should start by focusing on what you like about yourself and what you have to be grateful for instead of focusing on what other people think of you. In the end, other people's opinions aren't going to affect you, it's the way you think about other people's opinions that change how you think about yourself. Maybe you should get an empty notebook, and every day make a list of the things you like about yourself. Make a list of things to be grateful for, and every time you're feeling down, take that list out and look over it. if people say you're perfect and you think you aren't, don't focus on that. Focus on what you like about yourself and move foreword from there. Not sure if this advice is really relevant, but just do your best to what suits you. :)

• Hug 1

36 minutes ago, Madeleine_357 said:

If you want to love yourself more, maybe you should start by focusing on what you like about yourself and what you have to be grateful for instead of focusing on what other people think of you. In the end, other people's opinions aren't going to affect you, it's the way you think about other people's opinions that change how you think about yourself. Maybe you should get an empty notebook, and every day make a list of the things you like about yourself. Make a list of things to be grateful for, and every time you're feeling down, take that list out and look over it. if people say you're perfect and you think you aren't, don't focus on that. Focus on what you like about yourself and move foreword from there. Not sure if this advice is really relevant, but just do your best to what suits you. :)

That makes sense. Thank you so much!!!! :) I feel like this may really help me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, huskey said:

That makes sense. Thank you so much!!!! :) I feel like this may really help me.

Your welcome! I can talk anytime if you want. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, huskey said:

Well, it doesn't feel great. I have been going through a lot these past few years, so that why I came to DTL. You guys have already been a huge help. I feel like I am losing myself because I have started doing things that I don't do. For example, I have started isolating myself from certain people and I have started to get really angry for no reason. Like I said, you guys have really helped me already and I appreciate that. :)

Hey there,

I am glad to hear we have been a huge help for you so far, and I'm wondering, are you getting any help from anywhere else for what is going on for you, like friends and family, perhaps?

1 minute ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I am glad to hear we have been a huge help for you so far, and I'm wondering, are you getting any help from anywhere else for what is going on for you, like friends and family, perhaps?

I have one friend who is helping me. My family knows, they just think it is fake (they think I am asking for attention). She is really helping me, but there are still times I feel alone. I also help her with a lot of the things she goes through. Her and I have each others backs. So, yeah. I just wish my family believed me and would help me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, huskey said:

I have one friend who is helping me. My family knows, they just think it is fake (they think I am asking for attention). She is really helping me, but there are still times I feel alone. I also help her with a lot of the things she goes through. Her and I have each others backs. So, yeah. I just wish my family believed me and would help me.

Hey there,

Yeah, it's perfectly normal to want support from your family, and I hope you can get it soon. I'm glad you have help from your friend and us as well; I hope this is helping you to feel like you have support around you. Just going back to what you said about isolating yourself, I'm wondering, how do you think this is going for you? What impact is that having on your life?Β Also, just to let you know, if you would like more support, I am off from 2nd to the 7th February. If you need more support, please create another topic or send a message on confidential support, thanks :)Β 

Well, the isolation isn't really fun besides the fact that I escape from reality by reading. It's having a negative impact because when my family goes out, I don't want to. Idk. I just feel like I haven't been myself for a while.

• Digital Mentor
On 2/2/2023 at 12:05 AM, huskey said:

Well, the isolation isn't really fun besides the fact that I escape from reality by reading. It's having a negative impact because when my family goes out, I don't want to. Idk. I just feel like I haven't been myself for a while.

Heyy @huskey, @MonsoonΒ is off till 7th Feb, so I wanted to jump on this chain. If that's okay with you and whether you'd like to talk more about the isolation and escaping from reality?

Staff-Account.png