This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

How do I stop this?/What is this?

Leo B. Fall Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I'm feeling anxious and nauseous and I don't know what to do.

I think I'm going to ruin my new streak and I'm not sure what to do. Everything is so loud and in my face.

1 minute ago, Leo B. Fall said:

I think I'm going to ruin my new streak and I'm not sure what to do. Everything is so loud and in my face.

Hey there,Β 

It sounds like your struggling a lot at the moment. Have you spoken to anyone about how you're feeling or wrote it somewhere?

11 minutes ago, Thisboiistrans said:

Hey there,Β 

It sounds like your struggling a lot at the moment. Have you spoken to anyone about how you're feeling or wrote it somewhere?

Heya,

I am. I've spoken to a few people a bit about it, and I've been writing it down when I can, drawing and all that but nothings working. I want something other than that to work, ya know?-

3 hours ago, Leo B. Fall said:

Hey Leo,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling anxious. It sounds like you could do with doing something you find relaxing to help you calm down a little; I'm wondering, what do you like to do to relax?

Also, instead of self harming, could you try some of these safe alternatives instead?Β https://www.ditchthelabel.org/15-safer-alternatives-to-self-harm/Β 

Let me know what you think. It's okay to have your low points, and remember, this is just one of those, and feelings are temporary. We believe in you and we know you can work through this :)Β 

• Thanks 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

35 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey Leo,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling anxious. It sounds like you could do with doing something you find relaxing to help you calm down a little; I'm wondering, what do you like to do to relax?

Also, instead of self harming, could you try some of these safe alternatives instead?Β https://www.ditchthelabel.org/15-safer-alternatives-to-self-harm/Β 

Let me know what you think. It's okay to have your low points, and remember, this is just one of those, and feelings are temporary. We believe in you and we know you can work through this :)Β 

Hey Monsoon,

I like to read, write and draw, but those require more focus than is possible sometimes. Like now, for example.

I've been trying those out too, but it's just not the same. I dunno.

I think I'll keep trying them, but I don't know how long I can avoid self harm. Thanks fam : >

18 hours ago, Leo B. Fall said:

Hey Monsoon,

I like to read, write and draw, but those require more focus than is possible sometimes. Like now, for example.

I've been trying those out too, but it's just not the same. I dunno.

I think I'll keep trying them, but I don't know how long I can avoid self harm. Thanks fam : >

Hey there,

I think it's really important to repeatedly try the strategies; I think people can maybe try only a few times and get sick of them, but these things take commitment, and by that, I mean trying them loads of times. What do you think? How are you feeling today by the way?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I think it's really important to repeatedly try the strategies; I think people can maybe try only a few times and get sick of them, but these things take commitment, and by that, I mean trying them loads of times. What do you think? How are you feeling today by the way?

Eyo,

Alright, I'll keep trying them out. It's kind of a combination of that and one try for me, it's just- tiring when it doesn't work. I'll ensure to do that, thanks fam. I could do be better to be honest.

23 hours ago, Leo B. Fall said:

Eyo,

Alright, I'll keep trying them out. It's kind of a combination of that and one try for me, it's just- tiring when it doesn't work. I'll ensure to do that, thanks fam. I could do be better to be honest.

Hey,

Yeah, I think you have to keep going with them and trust that they will work eventually, and that is likely to take loads of attempts. I'm wondering, have you tried reading, writing, or drawing when you have the urges? If so, how does that go?

Hey,

Yeah, I think you have to keep going with them and trust that they will work eventually, and that is likely to take loads of attempts. I'm wondering, have you tried reading, writing, or drawing when you have the urges? If so, how does that go?

Eyo,

Alright, I hope so. I've been doing those lately, yeah. It makes me really tired, sometimes worse.

15 hours ago, Leo B. Fall said:

Eyo,

Alright, I hope so. I've been doing those lately, yeah. It makes me really tired, sometimes worse.

Hey,

Ah, sorry to hear that. Have you tried any meditations or breathing exercises as well? I know you've probably heard this loads of time, but doing some proper hard exercise can really help as well because it gives you a rush of a good feeling. What do you think? I think it can be pretty frustrating to hear about the exercise thing, but do give it a try, because there is a lot of science behind it. I hope you don't hate me for saying that!Β 

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Ah, sorry to hear that. Have you tried any meditations or breathing exercises as well? I know you've probably heard this loads of time, but doing some proper hard exercise can really help as well because it gives you a rush of a good feeling. What do you think? I think it can be pretty frustrating to hear about the exercise thing, but do give it a try, because there is a lot of science behind it. I hope you don't hate me for saying that!Β 

Eyo.

I've actually done a bit of the breathing exercises last night. Proper exercise, yeah, heard of it. Due to dysphoria(can't bind) it doesn't really work out well, the most I can do is walking and casual lifting. I know the science, so don't hate ya for it. Thanks for the reminders.

On 11/19/2022 at 1:34 PM, Leo B. Fall said:

Eyo.

I've actually done a bit of the breathing exercises last night. Proper exercise, yeah, heard of it. Due to dysphoria(can't bind) it doesn't really work out well, the most I can do is walking and casual lifting. I know the science, so don't hate ya for it. Thanks for the reminders.

Hey there,

That makes sense about the dysphoria, and I'm sorry to hear about that. Do you think you'll be able to bind at any point soon? I hope you can as I imagine it will do you a lot of good.Β 

Also, I'm aware that the strategies we have spoken about are only ones that can help you to avoid the self-harm. The thing is though, self-harming means that there is a bigger picture/reason as to why you use this as a way to cope, and it's best to talk through what is at the heart of it all; do you know what I mean? I'm wondering, do you have a space to do that in your life at the moment?

On 11/20/2022 at 11:10 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

That makes sense about the dysphoria, and I'm sorry to hear about that. Do you think you'll be able to bind at any point soon? I hope you can as I imagine it will do you a lot of good.Β 

Also, I'm aware that the strategies we have spoken about are only ones that can help you to avoid the self-harm. The thing is though, self-harming means that there is a bigger picture/reason as to why you use this as a way to cope, and it's best to talk through what is at the heart of it all; do you know what I mean? I'm wondering, do you have a space to do that in your life at the moment?

Hey

Yeah, it's alright. Hopefully I'll get another binder or somethin'. I'm not quite sure.

I get what you mean. I have the therapy appointment today after school. I plan on showing her my songs, art and such to help explain what's up(sh and other).

Hey there,

Yeah, do you know when you'll be able to get a new binder?

Also, that's really good that you have a therapy appointment. How are you feeling about it?Β 

Hey there,

Yeah, do you know when you'll be able to get a new binder?

Also, that's really good that you have a therapy appointment. How are you feeling about it?Β 

Heya,

No, I don't.

Yeah it is. I just got done with it so, meh pretty neutral to be honest.

8 hours ago, Leo B. Fall said:

Heya,

No, I don't.

Yeah it is. I just got done with it so, meh pretty neutral to be honest.

Hey,

I hope you can get one soon!

Also, I'm glad you got it done with. Did you find it helpful at all?Β 

8 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

I hope you can get one soon!

Also, I'm glad you got it done with. Did you find it helpful at all?Β 

Eyo,

Same here.

A bit yeah, we're doing a safety plan and she's gonna help with telling my mom.

On 11/22/2022 at 4:30 PM, Leo B. Fall said:

Eyo,

Same here.

A bit yeah, we're doing a safety plan and she's gonna help with telling my mom.

Hey there,

That's good you found it helpful. Therapy is such a great tool to help you work through whatever you've got going on, so try your best to just fully go for it and be super vulnerable with them when the time is right. What do you think? Also, I'm wondering, would you like anymore support with this now, or are you okay?

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

That's good you found it helpful. Therapy is such a great tool to help you work through whatever you've got going on, so try your best to just fully go for it and be super vulnerable with them when the time is right. What do you think? Also, I'm wondering, would you like anymore support with this now, or are you okay?

Hey,

Yeah, it is. I'm good now, thanks though.

On 11/23/2022 at 7:38 PM, Leo B. Fall said:

Hey,

Yeah, it is. I'm good now, thanks though.

No worries! If you do need anymore support, you know where we are :)Β 

• Thanks 1