Obsession??

ariisokay    

A common part of Autism is obsession and at the moment, I cant figure out if I am obsessing or going through the normal stages of life. Let me explain;

I am 15 and about 3 years ago I fell in love with someone 19 years older than me. He was the school psychologist at the time and we became really close. He was one of the first people I've ever really trusted. We were both really comfortable around eachother. We would do things ranging from venting to eachother, to political jokes, and even complaining about the school administration. I fell for him quickly. Not only did he have a funny, colorful, compassionate, and bold personality, but he was beautiful as well. With long, semi curly brown-gold hair, pale green eyes with black specks, pale skin, and a cute little mouth. I've never let anybody (besides Jesus) as close to me as I have him. So, about a year and a half ago he signed a contract to become a school psychologist in Burlington VT. I was the first person he told. He was so worried I would be mad at him, like I ever could be.

The last time I saw him was June 10 2017. He is not aloud to communicate with me at all. For the first 6 months I was kinda creepy. I stalked him and his roommate online. He told one of my teachers to tell me to stop, which I did, and felt guilty to the point of getting sick. He actually followed one of my Instagram accounts this January. However, my friend Bruce got really mad at him and wrote him a message on Facebook. Thus causing him to unfollow me.(Damnit Bruce!!).

Sorry for the long story. The point is, is it healthy that I still get really anxious for him and think about him all the time? Could this be an Obsession'?

Hey!

Thanks for coming to Community with this; we can definitely help you :)

It sounds like you've been through quite a lot, how are you feeling about this? I would say that you are just going through the normal stages of life. When we are younger and we start to like or even love someone for the first time, our minds can often go into overdrive which lead to you becoming almost 'obsessed' with this person. It is totally normal. These feelings can take time to go away, and it can be seen as being part of a healthy development to go through these kinds of motions. Although, when going through such a thing, it is important to remember boundaries and to not cross the line and stalk them. It's an easy mistake to make though! It is just important to learn from such a mistake so that it doesn't happen again :)

Would you like to send me a private message about this? I am worried about what stage the relationship may have been at with you being a minor and him in a professional position. It is inappropriate that he followed your Instagram account. Have you spoken to an adult about this? I would suggest this as they can take action on your behalf if necessary.

I hope you find this advice useful and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Hang in there! -Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey there Ari,

I know you were having a discussion with Monsoon, but they're out of the office right now. And unfortunately, they can't be messaged, only I can, at the moment.

Would you feel comfortable continuing this conversation with me? ?

You can message me by going to "messages" and click on "Willow" as the staff member to contact.

Hope to speak soon!

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.