How do you think we can explore our sexuality??

learningbrain    
Go to solution Solved by Monsoon,

I am a teenager.

I am not in rush to find my sexuality but 

I need to make a first step towards knowing my sexuality .What is the first step?

Is being honest with yourself the first step?

If so, How can we take it a step further?

When I was wondering if liked boys a new question popped out.

I am thinking that Do I like girls because my parents marriage is very good??

• Solution
4 hours ago, learningbrain said:

I am a teenager.

I am not in rush to find my sexuality but 

I need to make a first step towards knowing my sexuality .What is the first step?

Is being honest with yourself the first step?

If so, How can we take it a step further?

Hey there,

I merged your two topics as they are about the same thing, I hope that's okay!

This is a really great question by the way, and you're absolutely right, being honest with yourself is the first step, and if you were being completely honest about your sexuality right now, what would you say?

Also, to take it a step further, this might involve exploring and having new experiences through dating, talking to people, watching LGBTQ+ shows and movies, and queer books, that kind of thing. Having exposure to different experiences and perspectives can help you to learn about yourself. What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 10/2/2022 at 3:36 PM, learningbrain said:

It's totally true.

How are you feeling now? Would you like to continue talking about this, or are you alright at the moment? 

I don't know the difference between friendship and love. I know some relations are pure friendship but I don't know the difference in some relations.

Edited by learningbrain
I posted it by mistake without completing the post

Hey there,

Can I ask, are you potentially thinking that you may be in love with a friend? If so, can you tell me more about that?

16 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Can I ask, are you potentially thinking that you may be in love with a friend? If so, can you tell me more about that?

Yes, I am thinking that I might be in love with my friend. She is kind, clever and beautiful.I get excited when I talk to her. I felt like kissing her. I thought everyone had thoughts about kissing thier friend. I think this feeling is not mutual because she doesn't seem that intrested. She used to study in our school. She took TC(Transfer Certificate) and is studying in another city. I consider her one of best friend. She found her school good and even made new friends. I would love to meet her. She is in my grandmother's city.We text each other. We don't text often.

I realised that everyone does not want to kiss thier best friend when I watched a queer show. From that moment I was trying to find my sexuality.

7 hours ago, learningbrain said:

I realised that everyone does not want to kiss thier best friend when I watched a queer show. From that moment I was trying to find my sexuality.

Hey there,

Yeah, it definitely sounds like you are having feelings for her that go beyond how you'd typically feel towards a friend. I'm wondering, can you tell me more about why you feel she isn't interested?

• 1 month later...

She doesn't start a conversation. I always start the conversation. She doesn't call me.

She shows intrest when I say I will be studying in her city.

Maybe she doesn't have access to call me.

When I said I realised that not everyone feels like kissing thier best friend, I realised it after a long time I watched the show.

17 hours ago, learningbrain said:

She doesn't start a conversation. I always start the conversation. She doesn't call me.

She shows intrest when I say I will be studying in her city.

Maybe she doesn't have access to call me.

Hey there,

It's nice to hear from you again. How have you been?

It's interesting that she does not start the conversations herself, and that it is you doing this instead. Usually, when the person doesn't have those same feelings back, they tend to not put that much effort into talking with the person. What do you think? Also, do you think she sees you as a friend? 

It might be the case. Maybe she just considers as a friend. But it is might be  difficult for her to start a conversation from her mother's mobile phone. She doesn't have a personal phone.

18 hours ago, learningbrain said:

It might be the case. Maybe she just considers as a friend. But it is might be  difficult for her to start a conversation from her mother's mobile phone. She doesn't have a personal phone.

Hey,

Yeah, that's also a really good point. I'm wondering, could you maybe speak with her and see where she is at and if she is on the same page as you? 

Hey there,

Just to make sure I understand, how come you cannot talk to her because of having exams? Are they taking up a lot of time? I know that she doesn't have her phone, but maybe you can arrange to video call so you don't have it over text. 

9 hours ago, learningbrain said:

We did not chat for months. It's too awkward to ask her if I can video call her

Hey there,

From the way I look at it, I think it's just a way to reach out and catch-up. It really seems fine from my point of view. What do you think you'll do?

14 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

From the way I look at it, I think it's just a way to reach out and catch-up. It really seems fine from my point of view. What do you think you'll do?

Yes, I will video call her. Thank you for being my best friend.

I will talk to her after I complete the exams conducted by my school. Exams will be over by 17 December. I still need to write the exams conducted by the ICSE Board. My ICSE Board exams will start from Feb 28.

My schedule is tight this week. My parents insist to focus on my exams. So I will talk to her after exams ie after Dec 17.