This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Violence

Hey I need advice

lgbtqbi5 Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Violence

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Hey, I'm new here. I just signed up like fifteen mins. ago. But I need some advice. So I have been bi and gender fluid for about a year and a half now but I think my parents are homophobic. I plan on coming out to them tomorrow after school. One of my lgbtq friends said he might be able to come over and help me out if things go wrong. But he might not be able to make it to my house. Should I wait until he can come over or should I just send it and tell them? I am actually pretty scared that they might act out in violence towards me.😭

2 minutes ago, lgbtqbi5 said:

Hey, I'm new here. I just signed up like fifteen mins. ago. But I need some advice. So I have been bi and gender fluid for about a year and a half now but I think my parents are homophobic. I plan on coming out to them tomorrow after school. One of my lgbtq friends said he might be able to come over and help me out if things go wrong. But he might not be able to make it to my house. Should I wait until he can come over or should I just send it and tell them? I am actually pretty scared that they might act out in violence towards me.😭

Hey there,

Firstly, welcome to the DTL it's lovely to meet you! 😊 I'm Lulu! Do you think if you told them that you would be in a situation which puts you at harm? I know that's a tough question to answer but here at DTL we want you to be safe. It's a huge step to want to come out, I'm 17 and haven't come out! So, we'll done! I hear how scary this is for you and I'm proud of you for reaching out, here at DTL we care about you! How would it feel if you spoke confidentiality with a trained digital mentor? They are very supportive and if you're not comfortable with tlakijg here in public there is always that option! We're here for you! ( below I'll tag them just in care )!

@MonsoonΒ @BlondieΒ and I'm going to tag Harper as it involves violence which I don't want you to be at risk @Harper

Lulu

Β 

28 minutes ago, lgbtqbi5 said:

Elloooo, welcome to Ditch The Label! There is mentors & staff that could help yaΒ @BlondieΒ @MonsoonΒ @HarperΒ @Aurora. If your not sure if they would harm or cause any sort of violence then you might want to make sure your 100% safe before telling them the news, if your friend were to be there do you think it'd be safer or worse? Also how I found out if my parents were homophobic or not, I just simply asked them one on one what their thoughts on the whole LGBTQ+ community was, I didn't give any clues bout me being in the community if they weren't supporting/accepting.Β 

14 hours ago, lgbtqbi5 said:

Hey there,

I've just seen your message about this, so I'll reply there. Speak soon :)Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e