Jump to content
This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

|Vent? iDk?|


Recommended Posts

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Click this notice to reveal the content.

So I have been gone from this website & just the internet for some time because I felt like I needed a break, but I got back recently & just haven't been wanting to eat as much because I don't look the same in the mirror as I used to. I skip meals or just don't eat at all, idk I just felt like I needed to say that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Click this notice to reveal the content.
15 hours ago, lKail said:

So I have been gone from this website & just the internet for some time because I felt like I needed a break, but I got back recently & just haven't been wanting to eat as much because I don't look the same in the mirror as I used to. I skip meals or just don't eat at all, idk I just felt like I needed to say that.

Hey there,

Thank you so much for explaining what's been goingo n for you! How was being away from the Internet for you? Did it help, even if it helped for a little bit! I hear you don't want to eat because you don't look the same in a mirror. Can I ask, is this a new thing that your restricting your food, or have you done this before? Of course, you don't have to open up to me I been here and I just want to understand you more! I know how hard it is not to eat, but even if you eat a ever so slight snack as you will get very tired and loose weight which will affect your mental health and of course your physical health. Can I ask, have you ever spoken to a eating disorder/issue specialist? If not, have you heard of a organisation called 'Beat' it is a organisation where it has group chats for people like you who have worries about body image etc and issues around eating, there is also a 1-2-1 webchat where you can talk to a trained worker where they will sign post, give you advice  and listen to what's going on! Of course, you can talk to @Monsoon, @Blondie and @Aurora if none are on, @Harper can I think ask a mentor to help you <3 sending my love,

Lulu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It helped a bit since I was already struggling with my mental health but anyways, I've done it before (Like restricting the food) but it stopped for awhile since I looked fine in the mirror. It only came back like a month or two ago. & no I haven't spoken to any specialist for it, didn't know there's some out there for that tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, lKail said:

It helped a bit since I was already struggling with my mental health but anyways, I've done it before (Like restricting the food) but it stopped for awhile since I looked fine in the mirror. It only came back like a month or two ago. & no I haven't spoken to any specialist for it, didn't know there's some out there for that tbh.

I have a eating disorder and I didn't know either there are specialists out there foe this!<3 what country are you from? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Click this notice to reveal the content.
16 hours ago, lKail said:

So I have been gone from this website & just the internet for some time because I felt like I needed a break, but I got back recently & just haven't been wanting to eat as much because I don't look the same in the mirror as I used to. I skip meals or just don't eat at all, idk I just felt like I needed to say that.

Hey there,

It's lovely to have you back.

Thank you for telling me how you've been feeling and what's going on with your eating. I'm wondering, when you skip meals and don't eat at all, how does that make you feel both in the short and long term? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Click this notice to reveal the content.
22 hours ago, Luluu said:

I have a eating disorder and I didn't know either there are specialists out there foe this!<3 what country are you from? 

I'm from the U.S & ty for tellin me that, I could try & look later on for one👍🏽

 

22 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

It's lovely to have you back.

Thank you for telling me how you've been feeling and what's going on with your eating. I'm wondering, when you skip meals and don't eat at all, how does that make you feel both in the short and long term? 

(Very slow brain rn, could u inform me what short & long term mean again?) TvT

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Click this notice to reveal the content.
40 minutes ago, lKail said:

I'm from the U.S & ty for tellin me that, I could try & look later on for one👍🏽

(Very slow brain rn, could u inform me what short & long term mean again?) TvT

Short time means occurring over or relating to a short period of time

Long term means 

Occurring over a or relating to a short period of time :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Click this notice to reveal the content.
4 hours ago, lKail said:

I'm from the U.S & ty for tellin me that, I could try & look later on for one👍🏽

(Very slow brain rn, could u inform me what short & long term mean again?) TvT

Hey,

Sure thing, as Lulu pointed out, short term means soon after and long term means over a long period of time. So, in a nutshell, I'm asking how does it feel for you when you skip meals or don't eat, both shortly after you do it, and then over time as well? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Click this notice to reveal the content.
19 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Sure thing, as Lulu pointed out, short term means soon after and long term means over a long period of time. So, in a nutshell, I'm asking how does it feel for you when you skip meals or don't eat, both shortly after you do it, and then over time as well? 

Its a bit weird & I'm still hungry like when I don't eat but for that period in time I'm not looking as bad in the mirror so ig its sorta a habit I got. And over long periods of time my stomach just gets used to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Click this notice to reveal the content.
1 hour ago, lKail said:

Its a bit weird & I'm still hungry like when I don't eat but for that period in time I'm not looking as bad in the mirror so ig its sorta a habit I got. And over long periods of time my stomach just gets used to it.

Hey,

I'm wondering, how do you think the way you eat a little or not at all impacts both your physical health and wellbeing? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Click this notice to reveal the content.
22 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

I'm wondering, how do you think the way you eat a little or not at all impacts both your physical health and wellbeing? 

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, well if I were to guess I'd have to say it impacts both alot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...