This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Death, Suicide, Violence

I’m scared.

Anna O    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Death, Suicide, Violence

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Someone that I don’t know committed suicide with a gun yesterday (on school property). Today I overslept and everyone was worried that I was affected by what happened but I don’t even know who died. It turns out it was a good thing that I wasn’t at school today because there was a lockdown for a gun threat. I feel really scared even though I am not there but I don’t want to go back if there have been guns on school grounds for two days in a row. I would go to counseling about this but the  school counselors are probably already overwhelmed by people who are at school today. I feel like I can’t get the support I need because I wasn’t there when the lockdown happened. 

Monsoon
This post was recognized by Monsoon!

Emberfrost12 was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness' and 100 points.

4 hours ago, Anna O said:

Someone that I don’t know committed suicide with a gun yesterday (on school property). Today I overslept and everyone was worried that I was affected by what happened but I don’t even know who died. It turns out it was a good thing that I wasn’t at school today because there was a lockdown for a gun threat. I feel really scared even though I am not there but I don’t want to go back if there have been guns on school grounds for two days in a row. I would go to counseling about this but the  school counselors are probably already overwhelmed by people who are at school today. I feel like I can’t get the support I need because I wasn’t there when the lockdown happened. 

Okay, that sounds really stressful to deal with. I'm going to tag in @Monsoon and @Aurora, so that they can help you, and I'd like to let you know that there are phone numbers you can call. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anna O said:

Hey Anna,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling scared. Can you tell me more about that fear? I just want you to know that you can get support off us, and we are here to talk this through with you. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

So it turns out the lockdown was part of the nationwide swatting problem which basically just means that people essentially prank call local emergency services and provide a fake scenario and a real location for them to respond to. I am so mad right now.

19 hours ago, Anna O said:

So it turns out the lockdown was part of the nationwide swatting problem which basically just means that people essentially prank call local emergency services and provide a fake scenario and a real location for them to respond to. I am so mad right now.

Hey there,

I've just seen that you sent us a message request, so I will reply to that there. Speak soon. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e