scammed using Wink app. Sent nudes and now threatening to send it to all my instagram followers.

the boii Β  Β 
Go to solution Solved by Monsoon,

2 hours ago, the boii said:

Im so upset. I hope it doesn't get sent but I fucked up big time.Β 

@HarperΒ and the team have brought out a way you can report bullying and trolling do you think that would help? I'm so sorry that things are so difficult for you, I know it's a really distressing time for you but please know you aren't alone in this we care about your safety! Sending my love,

Β 

Lulu

• Solution
4 hours ago, the boii said:

Im so upset. I hope it doesn't get sent but I fucked up big time.Β 

Hey @the boii

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been scammed. We are here to help you through this and can give you advice on the next best possible steps. I'm wondering, can you block the individual on Wink and Instagram? if you know their username on Instagram, be sure to do this, and ask your followers to do the same and block any new accounts they may create (this is a new option on Instagram which is really useful in this kind of case).

Also, can I ask, are they wanting you to pay them money?Β As a general rule, never pay the individual. Their only motivation is money, and when they realise they aren’t going to get it, they have nothing to gain by then leaking the picture, because they know they won’t get money. Therefore, ignore all communication. From experience, the more time that passes, the less likely it is that the content will be leaked as the individual usually then moves on. What do you think?

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @the boii

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been scammed. We are here to help you through this and can give you advice on the next best possible steps. I'm wondering, can you block the individual on Wink and Instagram? if you know their username on Instagram, be sure to do this, and ask your followers to do the same and block any new accounts they may create (this is a new option on Instagram which is really useful in this kind of case).

Also, can I ask, are they wanting you to pay them money?Β As a general rule, never pay the individual. Their only motivation is money, and when they realise they aren’t going to get it, they have nothing to gain by then leaking the picture, because they know they won’t get money. Therefore, ignore all communication. From experience, the more time that passes, the less likely it is that the content will be leaked as the individual usually then moves on. What do you think?

Hey, thank you so much for reaching out.Β 
I think they were asking for money but I'm not too sure as I panicked and blocked them straight away. I also blocked them on wink. When I went back to Instagram it said the account could not be found but I blocked it anyway. Was v strange considering they had over 500 followers.Β 
Β 

I haven't heard anything since and got my Friend to check their messages and they didn't receive anything.Β 
Β 

Was A very frightening experience and I felt so ashamed and embrassed.Β 
Β 

Can't believe I let myself into this situation 😭

14 hours ago, the boii said:

I think they were asking for money but I'm not too sure as I panicked and blocked them straight away. I also blocked them on wink. When I went back to Instagram it said the account could not be found but I blocked it anyway. Was v strange considering they had over 500 followers.Β 
Β 

I haven't heard anything since and got my Friend to check their messages and they didn't receive anything.Β 
Β 

Β 

Hey there,

Yes, if anyone who you do not know asks you for information or money, it is likely to be a scam. I wanted to check in today and ask how are you feeling today? I know going through tough times can have a huge impact on our lives, so I want to make sure you're okay!Β  Yes, if any accounts show up that you don't know always always report and block! As, you want to keep safe! Sending all my love,

Lulu/Leila ( nickname is Lulu, my real names Leila )

13 minutes ago, Luluu said:

Hey there,

Yes, if anyone who you do not know asks you for information or money, it is likely to be a scam. I wanted to check in today and ask how are you feeling today? I know going through tough times can have a huge impact on our lives, so I want to make sure you're okay!Β  Yes, if any accounts show up that you don't know always always report and block! As, you want to keep safe! Sending all my love,

Lulu/Leila ( nickname is Lulu, my real names Leila )

Hey Leila,Β 

Β 

thank you so much for checking in I really appreciate it. I just feel so stupid and silly for letting myself get sucked in. I have not heard of anything since and no one has contacted me to say they have received anything. So I think I am in the all clear.Β 

Β 

However what I am fearful of is that the account user may have gone through my insta account and stolen my images to create a new profile to target new people/girls. what if they also use the videos I sent to target other people too? I'm so scared and I did fuck up big time.Β 

Β 

Thank you xΒ 

Just now, the boii said:

Hey Leila,Β 

thank you so much for checking in I really appreciate it. I just feel so stupid and silly for letting myself get sucked in. I have not heard of anything since and no one has contacted me to say they have received anything. So I think I am in the all clear.Β 

However what I am fearful of is that the account user may have gone through my insta account and stolen my images to create a new profile to target new people/girls. what if they also use the videos I sent to target other people too? I'm so scared and I did fuck up big time.Β 

Thank you xΒ 

Hey,

With your images, have you had anyone message you that they've been used on a different account? I think you can Google image your images to see if there being used else where on the Internet too! How does that sound? You definitely aren't stupid lovely, you've done the right thing by coming here and telling us about this! You deserve to be supported through this, and I'm glad you've reached out x.im pleased no one has contacted you, when I day I'm pleaded I mean, its good that the accounts haven't been bothering you if that makes any sense?

How are you feeling today? Hows your day going? I know when we are scared of someone hacking our accounts, @HarperΒ might be a good person to talk to as they can help you with this, especially if it's on Instagram or tiktok etc! How does that sound?

Sending my love,

Leila/Lulu xx

No I haven't yet, But I'm scared they will be used on other less known apps as I have seen my friends images stolen and used on these type of apps before. I wouldn't know how to take the image from instagram as it has to be the same image that google flags up when when posted to insta the meta data is changed.Β 

Β 

I hope it stays that way and I don't get bothered. I shouldn't have fell for it but we move.Β 

Β 

Im okay I guess thanks for asking. I have changed my Facebook password as that's what I was scared of. I also have two factor authentication turned on so hopefully that should be enough. Just scared my likeness will be used on wink or telegram.Β 

Β 

Thank you Leila, hope you are doing okay yourself xx

M

• Like 1

Just now, the boii said:

No I haven't yet, But I'm scared they will be used on other less known apps as I have seen my friends images stolen and used on these type of apps before. I wouldn't know how to take the image from instagram as it has to be the same image that google flags up when when posted to insta the meta data is changed.Β 

I hope it stays that way and I don't get bothered. I shouldn't have fell for it but we move.Β 

Im okay I guess thanks for asking. I have changed my Facebook password as that's what I was scared of. I also have two factor authentication turned on so hopefully that should be enough. Just scared my likeness will be used on wink or telegram.Β 

Thank you Leila, hope you are doing okay yourself xx

M

For your pictures to be taken down from Instagram, you would have to get in touch with Instagram directly explaining what happened etc. We fall for silly things, so don't bear yourself up about this! This is not your fault, so please don't think that it is because it isn't, you was scammed and that is nor your fault, okay?Β  I'm sorry you had to change your password to protect yourself from idiots in this world, I'm hoping by being able to come here that we can support you xx. I hope you can stay safe and not get tricked into anything, I'm sorry that you have to live with fear that's really not okay. Do you have anyone who you can talk to? I think @HarperΒ can help you! He can talk privately about what if your pictures get used etc, does that make sense? I'm here for you!

Most most welcome, I'm here for you,Β 

Leila xx

7 minutes ago, Luluu said:

For your pictures to be taken down from Instagram, you would have to get in touch with Instagram directly explaining what happened etc. We fall for silly things, so don't bear yourself up about this! This is not your fault, so please don't think that it is because it isn't, you was scammed and that is nor your fault, okay?Β  I'm sorry you had to change your password to protect yourself from idiots in this world, I'm hoping by being able to come here that we can support you xx. I hope you can stay safe and not get tricked into anything, I'm sorry that you have to live with fear that's really not okay. Do you have anyone who you can talk to? I think @HarperΒ can help you! He can talk privately about what if your pictures get used etc, does that make sense? I'm here for you!

Most most welcome, I'm here for you,Β 

Leila xx

Awwh thank you Leila.Β 

I have now deleted the other apps for the time being. Im so embarrassed. I feel like a fool. I mentioned it to a few friends but there isn't really much they can do. I really appreciate your support Leila.Β 

Β 

Thank you xx

M

1 minute ago, the boii said:

Awwh thank you Leila.Β 

I have now deleted the other apps for the time being. Im so embarrassed. I feel like a fool. I mentioned it to a few friends but there isn't really much they can do. I really appreciate your support Leila.Β 

Thank you xx

M

Hey,

That's the best thing to do for now until everything settled down, you aren't a fool but I can see why you feel like a fool I really do! You are amazing inside and out who deserves the world! Never forget how amazing you are!xxΒ 

Most welcomeΒ Β 

Lulu/Leila xx

2 minutes ago, Luluu said:

Hey,

That's the best thing to do for now until everything settled down, you aren't a fool but I can see why you feel like a fool I really do! You are amazing inside and out who deserves the world! Never forget how amazing you are!xxΒ 

Most welcomeΒ Β 

Lulu/Leila xx

Too cute. thank you so much you have made me smile. Just hope I can put it behind me but I have never been so scared in all my life.Β 

Β 

Thank you xx

Β 

M

Harper
This post was recognized by Harper!

-Leila- was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness'

Just now, the boii said:

Too cute. thank you so much you have made me smile. Just hope I can put it behind me but I have never been so scared in all my life.Β 

Thank you xx

M

I know how scary things like this are, its traumatising too! Talking it out like this helps a lot, so I hope over time things change for you! Xx. And you deserve every bit of love honestly xx

LeilaΒ 

4 minutes ago, Luluu said:

I know how scary things like this are, its traumatising too! Talking it out like this helps a lot, so I hope over time things change for you! Xx. And you deserve every bit of love honestly xx

LeilaΒ 

It really is traumatising especially when it sounds so real. but you need to stay present in these moments. Over time I guess it will become a moment that will be locked away in my brain.Β 

Β 

aww thank you as do you Leila! xx

• Like 1

Just now, the boii said:

It really is traumatising especially when it sounds so real. but you need to stay present in these moments. Over time I guess it will become a moment that will be locked away in my brain.Β 

aww thank you as do you Leila! xx

You've got this! I believe in you!xx

Awww tysm xx

• Like 1

18 hours ago, the boii said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Hey,

It's really common to feel ashamed and embarrassed in this kind of situation, but remember, you were in the moment, having fun, and had no idea that your trust would be abused. They are wrong for what they did and I hope that they don't do this to any other people.Β 

Also, the fact that you have blocked them will make it very difficult for them to contact you again, so I think that it's highly likely that they will just move on now and not bother you again, especially as they definitely won't get any money now, if that's what they were asking for. What do you think? How are you feeling now?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

It's really common to feel ashamed and embarrassed in this kind of situation, but remember, you were in the moment, having fun, and had no idea that your trust would be abused. They are wrong for what they did and I hope that they don't do this to any other people.Β 

Also, the fact that you have blocked them will make it very difficult for them to contact you again, so I think that it's highly likely that they will just move on now and not bother you again, especially as they definitely won't get any money now, if that's what they were asking for. What do you think? How are you feeling now?

Hey,Β 

yes I hope this is the case but as mentioned before I hope they haven't taken my phots and will make fake accounts to decive others :(

Hey there,

I understand why you are worried, and it's totally normal to have that concern in your situation. However, I've supported many people who have been blackmailed in the same way you have, and after the individual is blocked, the tend to just move on because trying to make contact again is difficult and not really worth their time. I really do think you are in the clear now and have nothing to be worried about, and it's normal to take some time to realise that. What do you think?

• 2 months later...
  • Digital Mentor
9 hours ago, Michael martin said:

She keeps texting me and saying she’s going to leak my nudes(that I never sent to her) and she had a pic of me and I’m really scared she wants me to give her 200 dollars what should I do

Hi @Michael martin, welcome to the community. I'm one of the support mentors and I give support and advice to those who reach out to us. I'm glad you found us and we can definitely support you with this. It's interesting that the person is saying that they will leak your nudes, even though you never sent them any. Do you think they actually have nude photos of you and if yes, where do you think they got them from?Β 

You mentioned that the individual is texting you. Is that to your phone number or one of your social media accounts? If it's to one of your social media accounts, I would suggest to make your all your social media accounts private (if they are not already) and block the individual (be sure to also select the option to block any new accounts they might make). You could even ask your followers to block the account. If they know your real name, take this out of any social media usernames. You could also try to find their account on other social media platforms and block them there. If they are texting your phone you can block then on your phone.Β 

You can also think about reporting this to the police because the blackmail aspect of this is a crime.

We have quite a lot of experience in supporting people who have been blackmailed to pay money. As a general rule we advise to never pay the individual. Their only motivation is money, and when they realise they aren’t going to get it, they have nothing to gain by then leaking the picture, because they know they won’t get money. Therefore, I would suggest that you ignore all communication. How does that sound?Β 

Β 

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, 24Rival said:

They wanna destroy my life and I fucked up big timeΒ 

Hey there,

I just noticed your comment on another post and wanted to check in. There are a few things we can do to help you with this. If you would find it helpful, we may be able to have their social media account removed if they threatened you over Tumblr, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Snapchat. To do this, please fill out the form here and one of our team will be able to report it to the social media platform:Β https://www.ditchthelabel.org/report/Once you have taken a screenshot of the evidence, I would make sure you block them on every platform you know their username. You could also ask your followers to do the same so they cannot get in contact.

By the way, we have lots of experience in supporting people who have been blackmailed to pay money in the same way you have. As a general rule, never pay the individual. Their only motivation is money, and when they realise they aren’t going to get it (which is likely after being blocked), they have nothing to gain by then leaking the picture. Therefore, block and ignore any other communication you get after that. From experience, the more time that passes between blocking and not hearing from them, the less likely it is that the content will be leaked as the individual usually then moves on. What do you think?