Unwanted Anger

BusinessBee Β  Β 

So I try to be a nice, calm, and relaxed person, but I often get sudden rushes of anger to the point I want to break something. I know this is usually a teenage thing but my father, uncle, grandfather, great aunt, and great grandfather (basically my dads whole family) also had/have this problem (before death). I don't like getting angry at people but I can't help it. Anyone have any tips or advice on how to control it because I don't like being that one hot headed kid. (No offense to hot head people)

11 hours ago, BusinessBee said:

So I try to be a nice, calm, and relaxed person, but I often get sudden rushes of anger to the point I want to break something. I know this is usually a teenage thing but my father, uncle, grandfather, great aunt, and great grandfather (basically my dads whole family) also had/have this problem (before death). I don't like getting angry at people but I can't help it. Anyone have any tips or advice on how to control it because I don't like being that one hot headed kid. (No offense to hot head people)

Hey there,

I think that the best thing you can do to control anger is to understand where it comes from. There can be so many reasons, like if something is going on that is making you upset, being hurt, past traumas, or maybe even hormones due to age. What do you think? Have you always had this anger, and if not, why do you think it might have started?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

11 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I think that the best thing you can do to control anger is to understand where it comes from. There can be so many reasons, like if something is going on that is making you upset, being hurt, past traumas, or maybe even hormones due to age. What do you think? Have you always had this anger, and if not, why do you think it might have started?

I have always had this problem but it just recently gotten worse.

14 hours ago, BusinessBee said:

I have always had this problem but it just recently gotten worse.

Hey there,

I'm sorry that it's gotten worse. Why do you think that is? By the way, I'm wondering, can you tell me about a time when you were able to successfully control your anger?Β 

On 7/15/2022 at 12:38 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm sorry that it's gotten worse. Why do you think that is? By the way, I'm wondering, can you tell me about a time when you were able to successfully control your anger?Β 

Idk why its gotten worse, but it could just be hormones making it worse. I used to kinda stop it from coming out by just not talking or doing much.

Hey,

Out of curiosity, when you would stop talking or doing much to stop the anger from coming out, how do you think that impacted your anger levels long term? Did it help you to process it or would it just stop it from coming out?Β