This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness, Other

What is happening?

vega    
Go to solution Solved by Monsoon,

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

Click this notice to reveal the content.

So, recently I watched a video about all these signs of mental illness. I just thought it would be interesting and I might be able to help people after watching it, but now I'm not to sure about myself. Am I just paranoid? Because they described one illness and I fit what they said.  Is there some online test or something to truly know? I don't want to worry my parents a I'm not sure if I am even brave enough to ask in the first place

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @vega

I have just read your post and wondered if you feel chatting to our Trained Digital Mentors would be beneficial? They’ll be able to offer you some support and advice about this. I’ll tag them in for you. @Monsoon & @Aurora, and they’ll reach out to you when they can. ☺️

If you need anything in the meantime, please just give me a shout. 🙂

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

16 hours ago, vega said:

So, recently I watched a video about all these signs of mental illness. I just thought it would be interesting and I might be able to help people after watching it, but now I'm not to sure about myself. Am I just paranoid? Because they described one illness and I fit what they said.  Is there some online test or something to truly know? I don't want to worry my parents a I'm not sure if I am even brave enough to ask in the first place

Hey Vega,

Can you tell me more about the video and the 'illness' that fit you? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B-wTp2PZH8

I feel like I fit the biopolar thing, my mom comments on my changing moods, even when it isn't 'that time of the month'. I also can't seem to control my emotions sometimes. It is really concerning.

Hey there,

I guess it's normal for your mood to change isn't it; do you feel like the mood changes you have are alright, or do you think you might need some support to help manage them? 

On 7/2/2022 at 2:50 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I guess it's normal for your mood to change isn't it; do you feel like the mood changes you have are alright, or do you think you might need some support to help manage them? 

I'm  not sure, that's an issue

Hey. I'm wondering, could it be helpful for you to maybe speak with a doctor to see what they think? They're probably the best person to speak to about this, right? 

On 7/4/2022 at 6:52 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey. I'm wondering, could it be helpful for you to maybe speak with a doctor to see what they think? They're probably the best person to speak to about this, right? 

i guess but then I would have to tell my parents what im thinking.  What if they think I'm faking or lying

6 hours ago, vega said:

i guess but then I would have to tell my parents what im thinking.  What if they think I'm faking or lying

Hey there,

I guess if they do, you could question them as to why you would make this up; what would you have to gain from making this up? Do you know what I mean?

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I guess if they do, you could question them as to why you would make this up; what would you have to gain from making this up? Do you know what I mean?

i guess, it's just nerve racking, I can even ask them about upping my curfew five minutes without steating at the thought of it

Yeah, I totally get why it's nerve-wracking, but it's probably worth a try don't you think?

19 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Yeah, I totally get why it's nerve-wracking, but it's probably worth a try don't you think?

i guess

12 hours ago, vega said:

i guess

What do you think your next step will be then? Have you had any thoughts, or are you just taking your time for now? 

12 hours ago, Monsoon said:

What do you think your next step will be then? Have you had any thoughts, or are you just taking your time for now? 

i think i'll just act as things happen, 

• Solution
7 hours ago, vega said:

i think i'll just act as things happen, 

That sounds like a sensible idea :).  Would you like any more support from us or are you good for now?