This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

The university admission is stressing me a lot

Marvin    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Hi! I finished high school,  got the results on my final exams recently.  I am going to apply to 2 universities in 2 different cities and I feel really stressed about it.  The admissions are pretty hard, and despite them having the same subject (programming), they are both very different. One of them (which my family has been stressing me to apply to, recently) has some terrible problems that I am supposed to solve on paper, not on computer. It is really easy to screw up both exams, since mistakes can be made everywhere without even being noticed. I have been studying hard, but I am worried I can't get accepted on a budget spot (it is free and it is the only way to be able to stay in the dorm, which is the only option I got). I can't afford paying the university tax and living outside the dorm. Programming is the only thing I am at least ok at. I can't imagine myself doing anything else, since I suck at everything. Not getting into university would mean I have to wait 1 year to take the exams again, which is out of discussion. Staying at home and facing the criticism is not an option. I feel like I can't do it anymore, I feel kinda burned out. Not getting into university would be devastating for me and that feeling kinda gives me suicidal toughts.

• Ditch the Label Staff

1 hour ago, WhovianCoder said:

Hi! I finished high school,  got the results on my final exams recently.  I am going to apply to 2 universities in 2 different cities and I feel really stressed about it.  The admissions are pretty hard, and despite them having the same subject (programming), they are both very different. One of them (which my family has been stressing me to apply to, recently) has some terrible problems that I am supposed to solve on paper, not on computer. It is really easy to screw up both exams, since mistakes can be made everywhere without even being noticed. I have been studying hard, but I am worried I can't get accepted on a budget spot (it is free and it is the only way to be able to stay in the dorm, which is the only option I got). I can't afford paying the university tax and living outside the dorm. Programming is the only thing I am at least ok at. I can't imagine myself doing anything else, since I suck at everything. Not getting into university would mean I have to wait 1 year to take the exams again, which is out of discussion. Staying at home and facing the criticism is not an option. I feel like I can't do it anymore, I feel kinda burned out. Not getting into university would be devastating for me and that feeling kinda gives me suicidal toughts.

Hi there and welcome to community. I’m Blondie, one of the support mentors.

Firstly, can I ask about the suicidal thoughts? Do you have any plans around ending your life? Your safety and well-being is really important to us.

If you can respond, that would be really helpful and then we can start to look at how we can best support you through this.

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hi there and welcome to community. I’m Blondie, one of the support mentors.

Firstly, can I ask about the suicidal thoughts? Do you have any plans around ending your life? Your safety and well-being is really important to us.

If you can respond, that would be really helpful and then we can start to look at how we can best support you through this.

I kinda think about doing it if I won't pass the admittion. There wouldn't be a reason to live anymore, I already feel like I am a burden for my family, I wouldn't resist the criticism and I guess I alreasy hate myself to a certain level. 

8 hours ago, WhovianCoder said:

I kinda think about doing it if I won't pass the admittion. There wouldn't be a reason to live anymore, I already feel like I am a burden for my family, I wouldn't resist the criticism and I guess I alreasy hate myself to a certain level. 

Hey,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm wondering, if you didn't pass the admission, what do you think you would do then in terms of maybe taking your own life? What would help you to stay safe from harm? Just incase you need it, here is some safety information if you are in crisis: 

• UK - The Samaritans: 116 123 (24/7 service)
  • USA - NSPL: 1-800-273-8255
  • A list of worldwide crisis lines: https://www.befrienders.org
  • An app I can recommend: https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/ this has safety plans to make sure you don't harm yourself and you might find it useful. 
  • If you’re in the UK, you can text SHOUT to 85258 when you are struggling, and a trained crisis volunteer will text you back. This is great if you find talking on the phone challenging, and it’s completely free 24/7

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 1 month later...

I got to mention it wasn't an easy period but I made it to college, I got accepted to all the colleges I applied to. Thank you for the support!

• Like 1

• Ditch the Label Staff
9 minutes ago, WhovianCoder said:

I got to mention it wasn't an easy period but I made it to college, I got accepted to all the colleges I applied to. Thank you for the support!

Incredible news, thanks for sharing and congratulations! 

Staff-Account.png

24 minutes ago, WhovianCoder said:

So happy for you, ❤❤