I don't know how to feel or think about this... please help me

Jewkboxhero_710    

So recently I've been absorbed into the LGBTQIA+ community by way of adopted family... and being part of that community is doing incredible things for my anxiety ptsd and agoraphobia... I know I'm not gay bi or trans or anything (but im told i might fit somewhwre i dont realize yet...?) Feckin boring ass hetero cis dude, but something about that feeling of liberation FROM my disorders... feels very..."out"...I feel like ME again. I feel like I CAN be me again, at least in the right setting. For the first instances in 18 years. Describing it this way feels dastardly, thunder steal-y, almost like some sort of appropriation.. like I don't have the right to feel or describe it that way or in those words? I've not been oppressed because of my disorders like LGBTQIA+ folks are oppressed... I feel great but like, wrong... at the same time...? I don't really know how to feel or what to do...

7 hours ago, Jewkboxhero_710 said:

So recently I've been absorbed into the LGBTQIA+ community by way of adopted family... and being part of that community is doing incredible things for my anxiety ptsd and agoraphobia... I know I'm not gay bi or trans or anything (but im told i might fit somewhwre i dont realize yet...?) Feckin boring ass hetero cis dude, but something about that feeling of liberation FROM my disorders... feels very..."out"...I feel like ME again. I feel like I CAN be me again, at least in the right setting. For the first instances in 18 years. Describing it this way feels dastardly, thunder steal-y, almost like some sort of appropriation.. like I don't have the right to feel or describe it that way or in those words? I've not been oppressed because of my disorders like LGBTQIA+ folks are oppressed... I feel great but like, wrong... at the same time...? I don't really know how to feel or what to do...

Hey there,

Welcome. I'm one of the digital mentors here on the DTL community :) 

I'm really glad to hear you feel like you again. From what you've said, it sounds like you've well and truly been liberated. What do you think has helped you to get this sense of freedom? Also, can you tell me more about how you feel wrong?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e