This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Trauma

Therapy for first time in a long time

TE55 Β  Β 
Go to solution Solved by Blondie,

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Trauma

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I have been thinking to post this yesterday, but I had WiFi problems.

I have not been to therapist for a long time and I thought I didn't need it. But with the normal stress from school and social came one big problem. So I decided on my own to go to see my old therapist. I am not afraid of her, she is very good at her job. But I am afraid of what will happen then. Do you have any way of helping me to not tremble in fear whenΒ  I get close to her office? Thank you very muuch

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Trauma

Click this notice to reveal the content.
17 hours ago, TE55 said:

I have been thinking to post this yesterday, but I had WiFi problems.

I have not been to therapist for a long time and I thought I didn't need it. But with the normal stress from school and social came one big problem. So I decided on my own to go to see my old therapist. I am not afraid of her, she is very good at her job. But I am afraid of what will happen then. Do you have any way of helping me to not tremble in fear whenΒ  I get close to her office? Thank you very muuch

Hey there,

Yeah, we can absolutely help you with this. I'm wondering, can you tell me what it is you're fearful of?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Well, I will have to start to think about that problem and solve it. But I am afraid that it may end up bad when i start solving it.. if that makes sense

Β 

Β 

• Ditch the Label Staff
  • Solution
10 hours ago, TE55 said:

Well, I will have to start to think about that problem and solve it. But I am afraid that it may end up bad when i start solving it.. if that makes sense

Hi there, yes that does make sense, it can be scary to not know what the outcome will be.Β 

A good therapist leads you carefully through the issues or issues and would not expect you to solve everything all at once. They lead you through step by step so it doesn't feel like such a huge task - doing it this way feels a lot less stressful.Β 

How does that sound?

Staff-Account.png

12 hours ago, TE55 said:

Well, i went yesterday and it wasn't that bad. I almost cried, tho

Hey there,

I'm glad it wasn't that bad; what did you think helped it to not be that bad?

1 hour ago, TE55 said:

Maybe the fact that I knew her from a lot of times. And that she is professional with teens' problems

That's good and it sounds like you've got a good relationship already which will definitely help. Would you like anymore support for now, or are you good?