Need advice!

VIVIEN_    

Should I come out again?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do?

• Wait two years
    • Come out again

I came out to my mom and sisters a month ago. My sisters told me it'd just a phase and my mom told me to wait two years. I know for a fact that I'm bisexual but know one believed me. Should I tell them again and try to make them believe me or should I wait two years?

Edited by Vivien_

19 hours ago, Vivien_ said:

I came out to my mom and sisters a month ago. My sisters told me it'd just a phase and my mom told me to wait two years. I know for a fact that I'm bisexual but know one believed me. Should I tell them again and try to make them believe me or should I wait two years?

Hey,

I think that with being so sure, you should just tell them again. Even if you don't over time, they will realise that you're certain anyway, so that's why it's important to try to express yourself as much as possible and be authentic. What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I think I'll talk to my mom again and tell her, but I know she'll have the same response.

I think I'll tell my whole family I'm bisexual on my birthday (May 29). I'm really scared but I know this is me and I want them to know.

9 hours ago, Vivien_ said:

I think I'll tell my whole family I'm bisexual on my birthday (May 29). I'm really scared but I know this is me and I want them to know.

Hey,

Yeah, I think it's down to her to work through those feelings now. You know who you are and that's all that matters, and it's on her to accept and embrace your news. What do you think?

Also, how do you think it will go with telling your whole family? It's completely normal and understandable to get scared at this point, and it really is just one of those things that when you've done it, you'll feel so much better!

I suppose. Badly but if I don't tell them soon I might not ever tell them. I hope they'll take me seriously this time.

8 hours ago, Vivien_ said:

I suppose. Badly but if I don't tell them soon I might not ever tell them. I hope they'll take me seriously this time.

Hey there,

Even if they don't take you seriously, that's on them, and you've done your part by telling them. At that point, it's up to them to work through it, and it really isn't your problem, although you might feel like it is. What do you think? 

I'm still scared, but thanks that helped a little bit. I'm glad I chose to wait until my birthday, so I can figure out what to say.

17 hours ago, Vivien_ said:

I'm still scared, but thanks that helped a little bit. I'm glad I chose to wait until my birthday, so I can figure out what to say.

Hey there,

I'm glad to hear it helped. I'm wondering, could it be good to do it on another day instead? I'm just thinking, if they don't react that well, it might ruin your birthday memory. What do you think? 

@Vivien_

You'll be fine either way

Dont forget this is YOUR life not your families

Your parents have grown theybe had their time as kids and teens.

Now it's your turn

1 minute ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm glad to hear it helped. I'm wondering, could it be good to do it on another day instead? I'm just thinking, if they don't react that well, it might ruin your birthday memory. What do you think? 

I was going to come out on my birthday but I did it 2 days prior 

Didint work like but atleast a good day want wrecked

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2022 at 2:04 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I want to do a coming out cake for my birthday and I just feel like that is the right time. Besides I don't think I'll have a good birthday either way.

10 hours ago, Vivien_ said:

I want to do a coming out cake for my birthday and I just feel like that is the right time. Besides I don't think I'll have a good birthday either way.

Hey,

How come you don't think you're going to have a good birthday? What's going to happen?

There is a possibility that I'll have an episode on my birthday. I've been feeling very depressed lately, usually it's only a few times a month but it's been more frequent. We moved so I'm still not comfortable with everything. 

Hey there,

Yeah, I've been wondering, how are you finding the move? What are the positives and negatives? 

I'm not used to the area and I'm very nervous about new places. I can start new here and work on myself and get therapy, but leaving MD made my depression worse because I was very attached my home.

14 hours ago, Vivien_ said:

I'm not used to the area and I'm very nervous about new places. I can start new here and work on myself and get therapy, but leaving MD made my depression worse because I was very attached my home.

Hey there,

Yeah, this is a really big transition, and you might find that it takes a while to get settled which is completely normal and understandable. I'm sorry to hear about how it's made your depression worse; do you think it might get better soon, or do you need some help to work through it? 

I don't know, its hard to tell. My mental health has gotten worse and is now affecting my physical health.

I'm wondering, on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being really struggling and 1 being not struggling at all, what number would you give yourself at the moment? 

23 hours ago, Vivien_ said:

7 maybe 8

Okay, so maybe to make things better and get things down to a 6 on the scale, what do you think you need to help you? 

I don't know. My mom is trying to find a therapist, maybe that'll help.

Hey,

Yeah, therapy can definitely be really helpful. I'm wondering, can you tell me about a time when you felt less depressed and what you think helped you to feel better? 

When I was condoning in my lake. It was very peaceful and made me feel calm. Or when I was making a dessert.