This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

how do i deal with being overwhelmed?

grey Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I'm feeling so overwhelmed at the minute, it seems like I can't catch a break. My family are constantly being negative towards me and I keep to myself then are angry when I don't want to spend time with them. I feel so alone.People are asking way too much of me and I keep saying yes, even though I know I shouldn't but I don't want to offend anyone or look bad. It's consuming me and I don't know what to do.

8 hours ago, grey said:

I'm feeling so overwhelmed at the minute, it seems like I can't catch a break. My family are constantly being negative towards me and I keep to myself then are angry when I don't want to spend time with them. I feel so alone.People are asking way too much of me and I keep saying yes, even though I know I shouldn't but I don't want to offend anyone or look bad. It's consuming me and I don't know what to do.

Hey @grey

Yeah, I really get that sense of feeling overwhelmed from what you've said, and I'm glad that you've opened up to us; we are here for you :)

On a scale on 1-10, how overwhelmed would you say you are? 1= not overwhelmed at all and 10 = extremely overwhelmedΒ 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @grey

Yeah, I really get that sense of feeling overwhelmed from what you've said, and I'm glad that you've opened up to us; we are here for you :)

On a scale on 1-10, how overwhelmed would you say you are? 1= not overwhelmed at all and 10 = extremely overwhelmedΒ 

I'd say about an 8 or 9

Hey,

Okay, and I'm wondering, to go down to maybe a 7 or a 6 and be less overwhelmed, what do you think needs to happen/what needs to change?

14 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Okay, and I'm wondering, to go down to maybe a 7 or a 6 and be less overwhelmed, what do you think needs to happen/what needs to change?

I definitely need to get stuff off of my to-do list. Right now it's got almost twenty things on it, and that's not even including revision for uni

• Like 1

Hey,

Okay, so starting with your to-do list to ease some of the pressure sounds like a really good idea; which things do you think you'll tick off first? What are the priorities?Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Okay, so starting with your to-do list to ease some of the pressure sounds like a really good idea; which things do you think you'll tick off first? What are the priorities?Β 

some of them depend on other people feeding back to me, which they haven't which is stressing me out. i can send out a few emails and work on my revision for assessments. priorities are my assessments, which are my criminalistics, forensic science, and my intermediate first aid

8 hours ago, grey said:

some of them depend on other people feeding back to me, which they haven't which is stressing me out. i can send out a few emails and work on my revision for assessments. priorities are my assessments, which are my criminalistics, forensic science, and my intermediate first aid

Hey,

Okay, so could it be worth doing a weekly timetable for a revision plan so that you can map out when you want to study and when you want to have down time? That might be helpful for you!Β