Top tips for an awesome introduction/Welcome Party post πŸŽ‰

Harper Β  Β 

3 minutes ago, GronkDaLuvbug said:

Hey there! My name’s Dom. I’m a 22 year old male from Manchester, England.

I’m a musician (been playing drums for over a decade now), wannabe-rapper/poet, creative writer and generally just a stand-up guy with a passion for helping others.

Right now I’m not doing too good though. I’m in a mental health hospital on a Section 3 just waiting for somewhere to be discharged to. I know this is just a temporary thing but it has a lot to do with my abusive parent and unconventional childhood.

I would love to talk to anybody with a similar kind of story or honestly anyone at all! I get quite lonely sometimes and a good chat never fails to cheer me up (some nice memes are also appreciated 😏).

Thanks for having me in your safe space and I can’t wait to get to know you all a little better!

πŸ™‚

Hey dom, welcome to the community :)

It's cool that you play drums, i've been trying to. What's your favourite kind of music?

What kind of stuff do you write?

That really sucks, we have digital mentors here, who are @Monsoon, @Aurora, @LuieΒ and @Blondie. All of them are trained psychologists

I’d say my favourite genres have always been Metal/Hard Rock but I’ve been tryna branch out into Jazz, Hip-Hop and even Electronic styles over the last few years. Even picked up bass guitar as a secondary instrument too!

I’ve been writing silly poem stuff my whole life from haikus when I’m bored to full rap songs when I have a lot I want to speak on. My goal is to release a full EP before 2023. I have the lyrics and I’ve found the beats I wanna use, I just need the technology and freedom to put it together.

I’ve also got a couple ideas for stories/screenplays in the works but I usually keep them to myself based on past experiences with sharing my ideas.

I will definitely check in with the psychologists you recommended whilst I wait for one IRL. In the meantime I’m just exploring this cool website for what it is! Thanks for getting back to me so quick, I feel like this could be a very comfortable space for me rn

πŸ™‚

• Digital Mentor
16 hours ago, GronkDaLuvbug said:

Hey there! My name’s Dom. I’m a 22 year old male from Manchester, England.

I’m a musician (been playing drums for over a decade now), wannabe-rapper/poet, creative writer and generally just a stand-up guy with a passion for helping others.

Right now I’m not doing too good though. I’m in a mental health hospital on a Section 3 just waiting for somewhere to be discharged to. I know this is just a temporary thing but it has a lot to do with my abusive parent and unconventional childhood.

I would love to talk to anybody with a similar kind of story or honestly anyone at all! I get quite lonely sometimes and a good chat never fails to cheer me up (some nice memes are also appreciated 😏).

Thanks for having me in your safe space and I can’t wait to get to know you all a little better!

πŸ™‚

Hi @GronkDaLuvbug, Welcome to Ditch the Label! It's great to have you here πŸ˜€. As @Emberfrost12Β kindly pointed out, I'm Aurora and I'm one of the support mentors here. I give advice and support to those who reach out to us.

It sounds like you've been through a lot in life and I'm sorry to hear you're not doing too well at the moment. I'm glad you found us though. This is a really welcoming and supportive community and it's a safe space for everyone to talk about anything that's on your mind. Β If you would like some advice or support with anything in particular you can either create a post on the forum or you can send us a confidential support request and a support mentor will get back to you.Β 

Staff-Account.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 6:36 PM, Animallover299 said:

Hi I’m Animallover

i have 2 Guinea pigsΒ 

I have some fishΒ 

and animals are my world

Hi there,

welcome to DTL, lovely to have you here! Here at DTL there are different ways you can get involved , there are different sub forums for gender mental health etc where you can get support from.Β 

there are also support mentors here at DTL, they help and give advice when you post something in either of the sub forums or if you get in contact with them on confidential support.

confidential support is when you talk to a mentor 1-2-1 without anyone seeing your message except for the staff here at DTL. Does that make sense?

to be able to make a request you will need to follow these steps:

1) at the top of your screen there should be a tab called β€˜confidential support’ click on that.

2) after you’ve clicked on that there should be a button that says make a support request, click on that.

3) after you’ve clicked on that, you’ll be brought to a page where you can type what’s going on for you.

4) after you’ve completed that step, you can press submit and a support mentor will get back to you within 48 hours!Β 
Β 

the staff here at DTL are, @HarperΒ the community manager, here are the staff mentors @BlondieΒ @AuroraΒ @LuieΒ @Monsoon

Β 

i hope this helped ❀️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyoneΒ 

I’m new on here my name is Alina I’m 19 from England I love technology I think it’s really cool and interesting. I have three Β doggies one hamster one cat. I would really love a rabbitπŸ₯°I know I shouldn’t have a favourite dog but my favourite dog is brown and his name is Arthur his such a lovable dog.

I’ve come here to find advice and try and talk about what’s happening at the moment so I hope that’s okay😁

Β 

Edited by Sadgirlxoxo_19
  • Hug 1

10 hours ago, Sadgirlxoxo_19 said:

Hello everyoneΒ 

I’m new on here my name is Alina I’m 19 from England I love technology I think it’s really cool and interesting. I have three Β doggies one hamster one cat. I would really love a rabbitπŸ₯°I know I shouldn’t have a favourite dog but my favourite dog is brown and his name is Arthur his such a lovable dog.

I’ve come here to find advice and try and talk about what’s happening at the moment so I hope that’s okay😁

It’s lovely to meet you, your name is beautiful! I love it :). Of course, you can come and talk about what’s bothering you we have a lovely support community who are here for you!Β 

• Thanks 1

Hi, I’m Samantha but you can also call me Sam, I am fine with either. I am 16 and I love to make art and just sit looking at the sky and birds. I am quite depressed but I have some motivation to live and that is carrying me :) I have 2 dogs and some chickens. I came here to see if I could make some connections and maybe find some answers.Β 

• Hug 1

4 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Hi, I’m Samantha but you can also call me Sam, I am fine with either. I am 16 and I love to make art and just sit looking at the sky and birds. I am quite depressed but I have some motivation to live and that is carrying me :) I have 2 dogs and some chickens. I came here to see if I could make some connections and maybe find some answers.Β 

Hey Sam it’s lovely to meet someone else who loves art! I love art :) you have such a pretty name <3 welcome to DTL πŸ’•

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, not really sure if im doing this right.

My name is Alexander (Alex for short)

I use any pronouns.

I dont have a pet, but i really like birds.

My favorite hobby is playing minecraft.

I joined to find a community that accepts me for who i am.

Thank you for reading, and have a nice day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alexander_The_Salamander said:

I use any pronouns.

Hi Alex welcome to DLT. I hope you like it here and everyone here will accept you for who you are^^

I really like birds to! What is your faviriot bird? I love playing minecraft it is really fun!

• Ditch the Label Staff
15 hours ago, Alexander_The_Salamander said:

I use any pronouns.

A huge welcome Alex! Great to have you hereΒ πŸ™‚

Whats Up Hello GIF

Staff-Account.png

On 3/11/2023 at 6:37 PM, Alexander_The_Salamander said:

I use any pronouns.

Warm welcome, @Alexander_The_SalamanderπŸ‘‹

Wave Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey my name is Emerrson but you can call my Emmy

my pronouns are she/her

I’m from the US

I’m currently trying to dual enroll in college while I’m still in high school

I have 2 dogs, 3 cats, and a bearded dragon

I was searching up things about my sexuality and things about this community and this website came up and I thought I’d check it out

I’m hoping to try and figure out a way to come out to my family and friends because I’ve already came out to some of my close friends and one of them I’m pretty sure is homophobic because of what they believe in from god and their father (they’re Christian) so I’m hoping that I can find a way to come out to the rest of my friends and family and not have that happen again.

21 hours ago, Emmerson said:

Hey my name is Emerrson but you can call my Emmy

my pronouns are she/her

I’m from the US

I’m currently trying to dual enroll in college while I’m still in high school

I have 2 dogs, 3 cats, and a bearded dragon

I was searching up things about my sexuality and things about this community and this website came up and I thought I’d check it out

I’m hoping to try and figure out a way to come out to my family and friends because I’ve already came out to some of my close friends and one of them I’m pretty sure is homophobic because of what they believe in from god and their father (they’re Christian) so I’m hoping that I can find a way to come out to the rest of my friends and family and not have that happen again.

Welcome here!!Β Β πŸ˜ƒ

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Catsup said:

Welcome here!!Β Β πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my nicknames faith

She/herΒ 

I major in general studies I'm 25 years old

I love to write and I'm becoming a full time author addition to be screenplay

Β 

My main project is mafia but I am big on romance but I love all books and genres

I find this website support self esstem.

1 hour ago, lolwhat said:

Hi, my nicknames faith

She/herΒ 

My main project is mafia but I am big on romance but I love all books and genres

Hey welcome πŸ€—Β 

• Ditch the Label Staff
2 hours ago, lolwhat said:

Hi, my nicknames faith

She/herΒ 

Welcome Faith!Β 

Welcome Aboard Comedy Bang Bang GIF

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 4/11/2023 at 7:02 AM, lolwhat said:

Hi, my nicknames faith

She/herΒ 

Hello GIF by Originals

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Nadish said:

Hai I'm NadishΒ 

Hello to allΒ 

Heyy @Nadish,Β I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. I see that you're new to our platform and I wanted to say a massive welcome! Super awesome having you join our community. You can start conversations like this or even join other topics on the forums option. We also offer one to one support if you'd prefer that, if you click on 'Confidential Support' in the top bar next to blogs, you can send a request and one of the support mentors will get back to you.Β 

Season 5 Hug GIF by The OfficeEpisode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Staff-Account.png

On 4/20/2023 at 3:09 PM, Nadish said:

Hai I'm NadishΒ 

Hello to allΒ 

Lovely to meet you, welcome! :)