Top tips for an awesome introduction/Welcome Party post 🎉

Harper    

8 minutes ago, SunsetPainter said:

Hi I’m Sunset or Sunny whatever idrc. 
I use all pronouns and I’m from the US, i have a gsd, and I like painting as well as Pokémon 

Well, hello there! i shall be part of your welcome party lol, nice to meet ya

• Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, SunsetPainter said:

Hi I’m Sunset or Sunny whatever idrc. 
I use all pronouns and I’m from the US, i have a gsd, and I like painting as well as Pokémon 

Heyy @SunsetPainter,  I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. I see that you're new to our platform and I wanted to say a massive welcome! Super awesome having you join our community. You can start conversations like this or even join other topics on the forums option. We also offer one to one support if you'd prefer that, if you click on 'Confidential Support' in the top bar next to blogs, you can send a request and one of the support mentors will get back to you. 

GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Staff-Account.png

• 5 weeks later...

Hello fellow earthlings!

my nickname is Ed Sheeran and obviously I’m a ginger😏

I love love love any kind of pasta but Mac and cheese will forever be my love🍝

I have 6 dogs(Missy,Oscar,foxy,willow,aspen,and angus) 2 cats(hazel and simba) cows,horses,goats,chickens, a mean turkey, geese, and peacocks! 🐶🐱🐮🐴🐐🦃🦚

I’d say my sense of humor is just weirdness 

my favorite show as a kid was SpongeBob(that tells a lot about me) I’m actually not stupid though

i overthink things a lot and have depression and anxiety but honestly I feel like everyone does

i also have a speech impediment but I’m working on it!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Iloveplantsanddogs2006 said:

Hello fellow earthlings!

my nickname is Ed Sheeran and obviously I’m a ginger😏

I love love love any kind of pasta but Mac and cheese will forever be my love🍝

I have 6 dogs(Missy,Oscar,foxy,willow,aspen,and angus) 2 cats(hazel and simba) cows,horses,goats,chickens, a mean turkey, geese, and peacocks! 🐶🐱🐮🐴🐐🦃🦚

I’d say my sense of humor is just weirdness 

my favorite show as a kid was SpongeBob(that tells a lot about me) I’m actually not stupid though

i overthink things a lot and have depression and anxiety but honestly I feel like everyone does

i also have a speech impediment but I’m working on it!

Hi there and welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing about yourself I enjoyed SpongeBob too, by the way... and I'm amazed by how many animals you have--sounds super cool 🙂

Staff-Account.png

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2022 at 5:58 AM, Harper said:

Ahoy there and welcome to The Internet's Safe Space!

It's great to have you here. Remember that this community is a safe and anonymous space for everybody. All you need is a free account and you're good to know. We know that making your first post can seem a little daunting, but it doesn't have to be! Here are our top tips of things that you could include in your Welcome Party post! 

The formula for a top tier introduction post:

🥳 Tell us your name or nickname

🗺️ Tell us which country you're from

💬 Share your preferred pronouns

👽Share an interesting fact about yourself or your most loved hobby

🐈Got a pet? Introduce them too!

😁Tell us what brings you to community and what you're hoping to gain

Aaaaand that's about it! Once you're ready, click here to start your very own thread in the Welcome Party and prepare for the influx of love, kindness and good vibes 🤠

Hi, uh..I don’t know what name to use..I kind of hoard a lot of them. 
I’m from America

My pronouns are He/they/xe/ze/ey

I am double jointed in my thumb and if I had to choose a favorite hobby it would probably be Art?

I’ve got 3 dogs, Sally, Koda and Lucy. I had a cat but she went missing 9 days ago, her name was sushi.

just looking for more places to connect with people my age  in my community!

• Hug 1

2 minutes ago, Coyotea said:

Hi, uh..I don’t know what name to use..I kind of hoard a lot of them. 
I’m from America

My pronouns are He/they/xe/ze/ey

I am double jointed in my thumb and if I had to choose a favorite hobby it would probably be Art?

I’ve got 3 dogs, Sally, Koda and Lucy. I had a cat but she went missing 9 days ago, her name was sushi.

just looking for more places to connect with people my age  in my community!

hi sorry about ur cat

2 minutes ago, Megs- said:

hi sorry about ur cat

Hi, nice to meet you! 
Yeah, it’s been tough the passed 9 days but I’ve still got some hope that she’ll come back. I plan on waiting at least 2 months until deciding to get a new cat (which my mom has already offered) 

3 hours ago, Coyotea said:

Hi, nice to meet you! 
Yeah, it’s been tough the passed 9 days but I’ve still got some hope that she’ll come back. I plan on waiting at least 2 months until deciding to get a new cat (which my mom has already offered) 

aw. I pray that she comes back 🥰

• Thanks 1

I pray she comes back ❤️

• Thanks 1

• Digital Mentor
4 hours ago, Coyotea said:

Hi, nice to meet you! 

Hi @Coyotea

Welcome to Ditch the Label! So sorry to hear about your cat. Are you OK? 

Please let us know if there are any updates on the cat. Does she usually go away for days on a trot?

Staff-Account.png

14 minutes ago, Duckie said:

Hi @Coyotea

Welcome to Ditch the Label! So sorry to hear about your cat. Are you OK? 

Please let us know if there are any updates on the cat. Does she usually go away for days on a trot?

I’m okay right now, and she’s gone few days before but never this long. Cats are pretty resilient so I think she’s okay- but if she doesn’t come back after 2 months then I’ll probably get another cat.

• Digital Mentor
2 minutes ago, Coyotea said:

I’m okay right now, and she’s gone few days before but never this long. Cats are pretty resilient so I think she’s okay- but if she doesn’t come back after 2 months then I’ll probably get another cat.

Hi,

That's very mindful of you. Sometimes people will feed random cats exploring the neighbourhood and the cat decides to stay a bit longer than they normally would. This was the case with one of my old cats. Someone started feeding it - hence why he didn't feel the need to hurry back. I hope this is the case with your cat too. 

• Thanks 1

Staff-Account.png

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, olivia!! said:

Hi, my name is olivia 

I enjoy harry potter and reading

I like to bake 

I am here to make friends as I lost mine due to bullying 

Warm welcome @olivia!! Glad you found us! 😁

Hello GIF by Originals

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, olivia!! said:

Hi, my name is olivia 

I like to bake 

Hi @olivia!!,

Warm welcome to Ditch the Label. My name is Duckie and I'm one of the support mentors! Love Harry Potter, baking and reading as well 🤩

I am sure you will find many friends here. We're all nice 🙂

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, olivia!! said:

Hi, my name is olivia 

I like to bake 

Hi there Olivia, I also wanted to say a huge big welcome to Ditch the Label!! It's so lovely to have you here! I'm Aurora and I am one of the other support mentors here. 

Thanks so much for telling us a bit more about yourself. I enjoy Harry Potter, too, although I have to admit that I have only ever seen the films and never read the books 🫣  

You mentioned that you lost your friends to bullying. I'm so sorry to hear that! Would you like to talk tell us what happened? Don't feel you have to - only if you feel comfortable to. You can also send us a confidential support message if you would rather talk about it in private. 

Staff-Account.png

22 hours ago, olivia!! said:

Hi, my name is olivia 

I like to bake 

Hello! Welcome to the community! ^^

• Digital Mentor
On 10/4/2023 at 5:13 PM, olivia!! said:

Hi, my name is olivia 

I like to bake 

Welcome to the Ditch the Label platform and community @olivia!! ! I'm truly sorry to hear about the loss of your friends due to bullying. That can be incredibly tough to go through, but you're in the right place to connect with supportive and understanding people, us mentors are here too if you need space to talk about anything, we do have confidential support where we provide 1-1 support too. 

Harry Potter has this magical ability to transport us to another world, and I can totally relate to the excitement of diving into those books and getting lost in the wizarding universe. Do you have a favorite character or book from the series?

Baking is such a comforting and creative hobby. Do you have a signature baked treat that you love to make or a favorite recipe you'd like to share?

Feel free to explore the Ditch the Label community, ask questions, share your experiences, and connect with others who share your interests. You're among friends here and we're excited to have you as part of our supportive community. 

Season 4 Group GIF by Friends

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Digital Mentor
1 minute ago, Violeta said:

Hey everyone!

My name is Violeta but you can call me Vivi and I'm from Latvia. I use she/her pronouns, I also have a very silly pet dog, her name is niki. 

Welcome to Ditch the Label, @Violeta! I hope you will like it here 😊 I'm Duckie and I'm one of the support mentors. Nice to meet you!

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

14 hours ago, Violeta said:

Hey everyone!

My name is Violeta but you can call me Vivi and I'm from Latvia. I use she/her pronouns, I also have a very silly pet dog, her name is niki. 

welcome <3

• 1 month later...

👋 Hello! 

My name is Sofia
My nickname is Sof'
My pronouns are she/her

I have a cat and a gecko
I love computers and programming websites
I want to make new friends here! 

So nice to meet y'all! 💖

• Like 2