Changing Religious Congregation

Dywwik    

So I took the very hard decision to change religious congregation. 

I realised that my current congregation are very hypocritical about many things such as what stance Jesus had on political views and I'm sick of it. 

I was part of the problem, I tried to change a few things in my diocese but one person alone isn't enough for a change in mentalities. 

My parents know and support me as much as they know how. I don't feel the support, but they aren't stopping me. 

I haven't met my new community yet and I already feel better. I'm searching for a congregation that reflects my views on religion and it's hard to find when all you were ever thought is "the other groups are wrong, we are right". 

It is a very complicated situation that I'm loving and processing. The fact that I'm doin it alone is even scarier, but I know it's for the better. 

Is there anyone that went through this as well?

5 hours ago, Dywwik said:

So I took the very hard decision to change religious congregation. 

I realised that my current congregation are very hypocritical about many things such as what stance Jesus had on political views and I'm sick of it. 

I was part of the problem, I tried to change a few things in my diocese but one person alone isn't enough for a change in mentalities. 

My parents know and support me as much as they know how. I don't feel the support, but they aren't stopping me. 

I haven't met my new community yet and I already feel better. I'm searching for a congregation that reflects my views on religion and it's hard to find when all you were ever thought is "the other groups are wrong, we are right". 

It is a very complicated situation that I'm loving and processing. The fact that I'm doin it alone is even scarier, but I know it's for the better. 

Is there anyone that went through this as well?

Hey there,

It sounds like you're taking a really positive step for what you believe in and you should be proud of yourself. I hope that you can find someone here who has been through something similar as I can imagine that would be a big help. 

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 2 weeks later...

So I had my first contact with the french community in my search for a new congregation.  It was not eventful as I thought it would have been, but it wasn't a negative experience. 

Hey there. Did you have contact with them in terms of them potentially being your new congregation? If so, do you think you're going to get to know them more?

5 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there. Did you have contact with them in terms of them potentially being your new congregation? If so, do you think you're going to get to know them more?

Yes, they were aware I am on a quest to find my new congregation. They don't know from where I'm coming, but they are open for me to be a part of their celebrations. In the same congregation, there is an English church that would be closer to me. I will try both and probably chose from those two. 

I'm fairly certain about the congregation. 

Ideally I would have a spiritual guide help me do the transition but I don't know how to obtain one. I will figure it out! 

A spiritual guide, a good one, will help you understand yourself better and help you in your faith. Whatever faith that may be. 

Usually they are a person who knows alot about faith. (A priest, a pastoral agent, a deacon, etc.) Usually, like for me now, they will be able to find me right contacts to know Poeple in the congregation. 

16 hours ago, Dywwik said:

A spiritual guide, a good one, will help you understand yourself better and help you in your faith. Whatever faith that may be. 

Usually they are a person who knows alot about faith. (A priest, a pastoral agent, a deacon, etc.) Usually, like for me now, they will be able to find me right contacts to know Poeple in the congregation. 

Ah, okay, that sounds like it would be really helpful. Have you spoken to anyone in the community and asked them about finding a spiritual guide?