This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Relationship issues?

Jaylen    

11 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing that. I'm wondering if it might be useful to think about how you might deal with the overthinking when you talk to someone this week. What do you think? 

Well mostly the over thinking happens after the conversation. 

Like I'm having a conversation now, and after its done. I think' was what i said okay?'

"Did i speak too much?"

"Did i go out of line?"

"What if they didn't like what i said"

"Do they hate that i talk to them?"

"Are they comfortable around me"

And so on 

Sometimes it happens when I'm talking to them but usually when I'm alone 

But yesterday i made sure to not think too much. I started thinking and then i realized i was thinking unnecessarily so i tried to keep my mind blank.

11 hours ago, Jaylen said:

Well mostly the over thinking happens after the conversation. 

Like I'm having a conversation now, and after its done. I think' was what i said okay?'

"Did i speak too much?"

"Did i go out of line?"

"What if they didn't like what i said"

"Do they hate that i talk to them?"

"Are they comfortable around me"

And so on 

Sometimes it happens when I'm talking to them but usually when I'm alone 

But yesterday i made sure to not think too much. I started thinking and then i realized i was thinking unnecessarily so i tried to keep my mind blank.

Hey there,

How did it go when you made sure to not think too much? What was that like for you? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

How did it go when you made sure to not think too much? What was that like for you? 

It was okay, I guess. No unnecessary thoughts 

I was just looking around and observing things. I kept myself occupied like that, so I guess it was okay 

Hey there,

That's really good to hear and it sounds like you've found a really helpful strategy :)

I'm wondering, why don't you try it each time you've had a conversation for the next week and let me know how it goes? You could even keep a little journal to record the thoughts and feelings you're having afterwards. 

8 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

That's really good to hear and it sounds like you've found a really helpful strategy :)

I'm wondering, why don't you try it each time you've had a conversation for the next week and let me know how it goes? You could even keep a little journal to record the thoughts and feelings you're having afterwards. 

Im usually not someone to write how i feel or anything, because i don't like to remember them. But i guess ill give it a try. If it makes me feel better, I'll try everything .

Hey there,

I think that by writing it out, it can give the challenging feelings less power and really highlight the positive aspects too; what do you think? There can also be something in that by writing it down, it gives our head more space to be able to process those thoughts and feelings and get to a better place with it all. 

7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I think that by writing it out, it can give the challenging feelings less power and really highlight the positive aspects too; what do you think? There can also be something in that by writing it down, it gives our head more space to be able to process those thoughts and feelings and get to a better place with it all. 

Yea now that i think about it, it does make sense. Ill give it a try 

5 hours ago, Jaylen said:

Yea now that i think about it, it does make sense. Ill give it a try 

Great! Let me know how it goes :) 

Hey Jaylen. Could you help me?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 4:36 PM, TheOriginalAxel said:

Hey Jaylen. Could you help me?

Hey, I'm sorry I haven't been here for a while, and I think something happened to the place we were talking in. Is everything okay now or do you still want my help?