This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm, Suicide, Trauma

Flashbacks, suicidal feelings and self harming

Farrah2772    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm, Suicide, Trauma

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Recently I’ve started to have loads of flashbacks from some things that happened when I was younger and it keeps making me feel really overwhelmed and when I’m having the flashback my whole body feels lifeless. After the flashbacks I usually end up feeling like self harming and I try to distract myself and sometimes it works but for the past week it hasn’t so I keep ending up hurting myself. The flashbacks also make me feel really worthless and like I should just not be here anymore and die. I’m really not sure what to do as it’s starting to affect my life as I can hardly get out of bed anymore because of it.

Hey @Farrah2772

Thanks for coming to us about how you're feeling. It seems like you're struggling with some events resurfacing at the moment which sounds quite distressful for you. I'm wondering, can you tell me a little bit more about why they make you feel worthless and like you shouldn't be here anymore? I understand that this may be a difficult question to answer, and if you're not comfortable talking about it yet, then that's more than okay. In situations like this, although it can be extremely hard, opening up is the best thing you can do, but I will follow your lead with whatever you're comfortable doing. I want to help you and you can talk to me about anything. Also, just to be on the safe side, can I ask, have you made a plan to take your own life? It's okay to open up about this, and I will be able to help you get the support you might need. Remember, although it may not seem like it now, these feelings may pass, and it's important to recognise that they are often temporary. 

I hope to hear back from you soon. Take care and stay safe. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey there,

I'm glad to hear that you haven't made a plan. If you do, will you let us know? We care about your safety here and really want to help you through this hard time. I'm wondering, do you feel comfortable telling us a little bit about what happened when you were younger? If you prefer, we can speak on private message. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e