This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

i have a question.

laura132    

Maybe you lack certain empathy skills? That can cause some serious issues if you aren't able to understand what others are feeling!

20 hours ago, laura132 said:

what does my therapist Sydney mean when she says i have trouble connecting with people.

Hey

That's an interesting question. I'm wondering, are you asking what she actually means, or why you think you have trouble connecting with people? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

3 hours ago, laura132 said:

I’m asking what she means by that 

Hey,

I guess she could mean a number of things; did you ask her what she meant by that? The first thing that comes to mind for me is that she could be talking about the way in which you build relationships and find common ground with people. People who have difficulties connecting with others may feel like they are lonely, struggle to build friendships, feel like they don't fit in, and think that others don't want to talk to/get to know them. What do you think? 

16 hours ago, laura132 said:

Correct I do have trouble connecting with people on a emotional level sense my ex boyfriend situation 

Hey Laura,

Ah, okay. So, how were you at connecting emotionally before your ex-boyfriend came along? What was it like for you? 

Hello Laura,

That does sound really traumatic, and I'm glad that you are out of it now. I'm wondering, before you got into a relationship with your ex, what was your life like? How were your connections with other people? 

I was able to connect with people before my relationship with my ex boyfriend but then when I dated a narcissist relationship for year my connection with people has stopped and I shut down my emotions in therapy lately 

Hey there,

Ah, okay. How come you feel like you are shutting down your emotions in therapy? Also, what do you think needs to happen for you to start connecting with people again?

4 hours ago, laura132 said:

I need to trust people again and gain trust with my therapist Sydney 

Hey there,

Yeah, totally. Trust is so important in order to go ahead and connect with people. What do you think would help you to feel like you can trust people again? 

• Ditch the Label Staff
10 hours ago, laura132 said:

By therapists  not pressuring me to heal too quickly in therapy 

This is a really important point and I would certainly discuss this with your therapist. We all process and move forward differently so it's healthy to say if you are feeling pressured or rushed.

Do you feel like you could have this conversation? 

Staff-Account.png

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2021 at 2:45 PM, laura132 said:

I need to trust people again and gain trust with my therapist Sydney 

You need friends to help you I would love to be your friend