This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

I feel hopeless

Phantom    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I don’t know what to do.

Im having a ton of trouble dealing the stress from school, and every day feels harder and harder. I feel so useless because I get overwhelmed just doing my homework, and I don’t have anyone to talk to besides my therapist, but she can’t help me when I’m not in an appointment with her.

I have a ton of work I need to do and I’m really upset, and I don’t know why. I haven’t felt this upset since maybe a couple months ago, but now I’m so hopeless I’m thinking of offing myself. The thought won’t go away and when I was at the top of my staircase I got a bunch of thoughts to throw myself down.
Please, can anyone help?

Hey @Phantom

Thank you for being so open with us. It sounds like you're carrying a lot of stress at the moment which is getting to you more and more. I can totally see why you get overwhelmed by doing things like homework; it sounds like your stress bucket is overflowing, and that it could be good to to take some pressure off yourself. What do you think? Is there any work that could be reduced/that you could put less effort into and just get by?

Also, thank you for telling me about the thoughts you've had about offing yourself and throwing yourself down the stairs. I'm wondering, are you safe at the moment? If you aren't, it's okay to be honest about this and it will help us to get you the help you might need. Just incase you need it, here is some safety information if you are in crisis: 

• UK - The Samaritans: 116 123 (24/7 service)
  • USA - NSPL: 1-800-273-8255
  • A list of worldwide crisis lines: https://www.befrienders.org
  • An app I can recommend: https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/ this has safety plans to make sure you don't harm yourself and you might find it useful. 
  • If you’re in the UK, you can text SHOUT to 85258 when you are struggling, and a trained crisis volunteer will text you back. This is great if you find talking on the phone challenging, and it’s completely free 24/7

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @Phantom

Thank you for being so open with us. It sounds like you're carrying a lot of stress at the moment which is getting to you more and more. I can totally see why you get overwhelmed by doing things like homework; it sounds like your stress bucket is overflowing, and that it could be good to to take some pressure off yourself. What do you think? Is there any work that could be reduced/that you could put less effort into and just get by?

Also, thank you for telling me about the thoughts you've had about offing yourself and throwing yourself down the stairs. I'm wondering, are you safe at the moment? If you aren't, it's okay to be honest about this and it will help us to get you the help you might need. Just incase you need it, here is some safety information if you are in crisis: 

• UK - The Samaritans: 116 123 (24/7 service)
  • USA - NSPL: 1-800-273-8255
  • A list of worldwide crisis lines: https://www.befrienders.org
  • An app I can recommend: https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/ this has safety plans to make sure you don't harm yourself and you might find it useful. 
  • If you’re in the UK, you can text SHOUT to 85258 when you are struggling, and a trained crisis volunteer will text you back. This is great if you find talking on the phone challenging, and it’s completely free 24/7

Im fine right now. I was able to calm myself down and relax a little bit, and I don’t feel upset anymore.

Hey there,

I'm glad to hear you were able to calm down and relax; I'm wondering, what helped you to do that? Is there anything you can do to reduce your workload at all? 

14 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm glad to hear you were able to calm down and relax; I'm wondering, what helped you to do that? Is there anything you can do to reduce your workload at all? 

I managed to calm down by just taking a shower and going to sleep for a little bit. I don’t know how to reduce my workload besides actually just working on it, but I’m managing. I was really overwhelmed when I posted this because I’m just dealing with a lot right now.

Hey there,

Yeah, I think you made a good point about how working on your workload may be the only way to reduce it, and it's good to hear that you're managing it. It could also help to set small goals for yourself with your work too as this can help to keep you motivated. How are you feeling about it all today? 

5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, I think you made a good point about how working on your workload may be the only way to reduce it, and it's good to hear that you're managing it. It could also help to set small goals for yourself with your work too as this can help to keep you motivated. How are you feeling about it all today? 

Im feeling fine, albeit a little bit embarrassed that I got so upset. I’m managing fine and trying to organize things so I don’t get so stressed next time.

9 hours ago, Phantom said:

Im feeling fine, albeit a little bit embarrassed that I got so upset. I’m managing fine and trying to organize things so I don’t get so stressed next time.

Hey there,

I'm glad to hear you're feeling fine. Would you like more support from us at the moment, or are you good? 

4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm glad to hear you're feeling fine. Would you like more support from us at the moment, or are you good? 

Im good. Thank you.

10 hours ago, Phantom said:

Im good. Thank you.

Hey,

That's cool. If you'd like more support at any point, you know where we are :) 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Leafiebean said:

you seem like a very nice person Phantom ^^

20 hours ago, Leafiebean said:

hru?

I’m fine, how are you?

2 minutes ago, XSnowX said:

You let them reply. Why is it such a problem when I reply. I won't reply now. Bye

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it. I was sort of trying to reply to everyone, I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.

On 12/1/2021 at 2:32 PM, XxhelloxX said:

I'm thinking about coming out to my homophobic parents i'm Bi but I don't know what they'll say, My best friend supports me but shes my only support.

what's going on?

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2021 at 8:10 AM, Phantom said:

I’m fine, how are you?

I'm fine thank you