This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Hidden things about me

Charlotte115    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Click this notice to reveal the content.

If you don't like graphic description or anything to do with blood then don't read this.  You have been warned.

When I was younger I had different parents (I'm adopted) they drank a lot of alcohol and took drugs like heroine and crack etc. I was only 2 years old when my father started to hit me when he got angry.  The alcohol didn't help and every time he got drunk he got angry.  My mother was no help, she couldn't do anything except from try to get me away from him by locking me in my bed room until everything calmed down.  He hit my mum and I could hear her downstairs screaming and there was a lot of shouting.  When she unlocked my door she would normally look at me like it was all my fault that my father was acted like he did.  I remember when my mother and father went out the house my brother went with my mother to the shops or just for a walk around town as my father went to the pub, they left me in the house at 3 years old and locked the door.  My father used to come back before my mother and he was normally drunk after having a fun time at the pub, he got angry at me a few times and he smashed glass, punched the walls and just stare at me, he used to mumble under his breath how much he hated me and how much he wished he could kill me.  Once he came home and grabbed my head and smashed my head against the wooden table, my eye was bloody and swollen and when my mother came home she called the police on him and they took him away.  However, my mother had the choice to keep my brother and I or to stay with the horrible man that was my father.  She chose my father so my brother and I had to go to foster care then a year later we were both adopted to the same family.  

@Lilly-Rose

9 hours ago, Blue22031 said:

If you don't like graphic description or anything to do with blood then don't read this.  You have been warned.

When I was younger I had different parents (I'm adopted) they drank a lot of alcohol and took drugs like heroine and crack etc. I was only 2 years old when my father started to hit me when he got angry.  The alcohol didn't help and every time he got drunk he got angry.  My mother was no help, she couldn't do anything except from try to get me away from him by locking me in my bed room until everything calmed down.  He hit my mum and I could hear her downstairs screaming and there was a lot of shouting.  When she unlocked my door she would normally look at me like it was all my fault that my father was acted like he did.  I remember when my mother and father went out the house my brother went with my mother to the shops or just for a walk around town as my father went to the pub, they left me in the house at 3 years old and locked the door.  My father used to come back before my mother and he was normally drunk after having a fun time at the pub, he got angry at me a few times and he smashed glass, punched the walls and just stare at me, he used to mumble under his breath how much he hated me and how much he wished he could kill me.  Once he came home and grabbed my head and smashed my head against the wooden table, my eye was bloody and swollen and when my mother came home she called the police on him and they took him away.  However, my mother had the choice to keep my brother and I or to stay with the horrible man that was my father.  She chose my father so my brother and I had to go to foster care then a year later we were both adopted to the same family.  

@Lilly-Rose

Hey @Blue22031

I just want to thank you for sharing your experiences here. How are you feeling after writing all of that out? I hope you're okay, and I know that some people can find it hard to talk about these kinds of things. So, if you are feeling emotional, I hope you can do something relaxing to help you wind down. We are here for you. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 10/31/2021 at 10:59 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey @Blue22031

I just want to thank you for sharing your experiences here. How are you feeling after writing all of that out? I hope you're okay, and I know that some people can find it hard to talk about these kinds of things. So, if you are feeling emotional, I hope you can do something relaxing to help you wind down. We are here for you. 

hey @Monsoon

I'm feeling a bit tired and sad but I'm ok and feel great for shearing my past with other people. Opening up for me is hard as I have problems trusting people. Sometimes to help me relax I listen to music but it rarely helps so I just chat to friends.

Hey there,

Yeah, it can feel really good when you share this kind of thing with people. We can keep emotional experiences to ourselves for so long, and by opening up, it helps us to feel lighter and more supported. I saw what you said about having a hard time trusting people, and I'm wondering, what helped you to feel like you could open up here? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I saw you tagged Lilly, in your post, I am sorry for the act of your parents I hope your happy now? Did you over the years get counselling? Or even therapy as those can scar us when really hurtful things happen to us, well done for reaching out! I saw Lillys post and I am wanting to tell my story too! Thank you both @Princess-Lilly

19 hours ago, JessFlower33 said:

I saw you tagged Lilly, in your post, I am sorry for the act of your parents I hope your happy now? Did you over the years get counselling? Or even therapy as those can scar us when really hurtful things happen to us, well done for reaching out! I saw Lillys post and I am wanting to tell my story too! Thank you both @Princess-Lilly

you're welcome it's great that u want to open up