BLM DISCUSSION

Lillyx    

Anyone else fed up on how little #BLM is getting taken now a days? hopefully not me but I think it should get taken more seriously as we all matter whatever race we are

2 hours ago, Lillyrose4 said:

Anyone else fed up on how little #BLM is getting taken now a days? hopefully not me but I think it should get taken more seriously as we all matter whatever race we are

Hey @Lillyrose4

I think that the attention seems to increase and decrease towards BLM, and sadly, the attention seems to increase when there is another high profile incident, like a death, for example. But yes, there are definitely plenty of people who need to take it more seriously. We all have a part to play in stopping racism, and the people who don't take it seriously need to think about the impact that having such an attitude will have. What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

20 minutes ago, Lillyrose4 said:

@nickname want to join?

yeah! blm needs to be talked about so much more, because it's more than those big hate crimes. the blue eye, brown eye experiment is really interesting to show this, if you have time to watch a quick video on it. because it really puts the small micro aggressions into perspective for those who aren't a poc and therefore can't relate as well. of course systemic racism and all of that is important to, but sometimes zooming can be even more impactful. 

• Like 1

Just now, nickname said:

yeah! blm needs to be talked about so much more, because it's more than those big hate crimes. the blue eye, brown eye experiment is really interesting to show this, if you have time to watch a quick video on it. because it really puts the small micro aggressions into perspective for those who aren't a poc and therefore can't relate as well. of course systemic racism and all of that is important to, but sometimes zooming can be even more impactful. 

glad i've done summin right!!!!

• Like 1