Umm ...well idk how things are like in here..

Learning how to love mysel    

I have never really been called ugly until recently...but since i changed my schools i got a new friend who is nice aside from the fact that he keeps  commenting on my appearance. And idk if i am taking it way too seriously because i have some skin problems which is not the best and my self esteem is kinda low.And today morning he told me that he overheard people calling me ugly. Honestly i dont actually care about the ppl who loves others just based on their appearance. But hearing this has made my day the worst .I feel like sh*t when i look in the mirror and i feel so ugly and i feel like people are not going to like me or people are going to bitch about me just because i dont meet their beauty standard which is stupid yet hurting.Aside from commenting a lot in my appearance and making me feel like absolute sh*t from time to time i guess this friend of mine is fine eventho he seems different when i talk to him in person from the person i've veen texting for an year.whta do u think? 

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that your friend told you what they said. I think that if I were in his position, I probably wouldn't have said anything to you, because hearing that kind of thing is really hurtful. How are you feeling?  I hope you're as okay as you can be. I'm wondering, why do you think he told you that? Also, when you say he is different on text as opposed to in person, can you tell me a little bit more about that, please? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Right now honestly i am feeling okay.But when he told me that it was hurtful ..kinda.I have no idea why he told me that as well maybe because he wanted me to know that i am ugly? Well i have no idea.And to the latter question of course.Due to the pandemic we couldn't go to classes and we got to know each other through texts and stuff and online classes..When he texts he is like this more confident person,who takes like 40% of our conversation to looks? He comments whenever i put one of my pics as a dp.And i would like to believe he us just teasing me or whatever.And i am really insecure about my looks so it actually affects me .in a way...sooo..yeah .And in person he is like this nerdy, not really talkative person..if uk wht i mn.He is fun to spend time with.(texts and stuff) But in person he doesn't talk like a lot sooo...hmmmm well um .yea thats it...Thankyou for replying tho

Hey there,

It's interesting that he brings a lot of it back to looks. I wonder, why do you think he talks a lot about looks? What could be going on in his mind?

10 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

It's interesting that he brings a lot of it back to looks. I wonder, why do you think he talks a lot about looks? What could be going on in his mind?

Hey,                         I wonder about that as well ..But if you ask  me what could be going on in his mind. I have no idea.I wish I had some kind of superpower to know what's going on in people's minds.That'd be cool right. Actually I am completely over the convo.Now I feel fine and normal? Thanks for helping..like it was nice to share..

Hey,

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. I think that if it continues to happen, it would be good to maybe think about speaking with him. He might not realise how he is making you feel, and sometimes, people just need to be told about this kind of thing. What do you think? 

Hey @Monsoon...yup I'll just talk it out with him  You are right he might not have realised it . Well ..now i feel like it was a small problem and I feel stupid to feel sad about that. Whatever..