i cant bring myself to look in the mirror

anon0000    

i cant bring myself to look at the mirror . most my life ive been made fun of looking a certain way. it started when i was 12.  honestly no kid that young should even be worrying about their appearance like that. recently ive started to like my appearance but when i feel this way for a few days it all comes crashing down and i end up feeling like shit for however long after. im a harmless person and ive never bullied anyone for looking a certain way, but people are dickheads and dont care and dont know how harmful their words can be. if anything its taught me to be wary of my words to others because i wouldnt wish this upon anyone. i just wish people wouldnt focus on appearance as much and to go as far as bully the person. its a shitty feeling when even people you dont know make comments about your face or body.  even as many times as people say im pretty i just cant accept it.  i end up covering all my insecurities with makeup but even then, its never enough. feeling this way makes me feel like like im useless and so much less when everyone around me is so pretty. i feel like im the "ugly" friend in my friend group. all of my friends get attention from both guys and girls while i get none. it makes me question whether im really that bad looking.  when i look back at photos of myself i just cant bear to keep it on my screen when i look so bad in all of them while all my friends look so good in every photo they've been in. ive been trying so hard to love myself but its never enough. i dont know if ill ever get there.  im sorry i just had to get it all out, i dont think i could keep it all bottled up. 

Edited by anon0000

• anon0000 changed the title to i cant bring myself to look in the mirror

I am sorry your feeling bad about your self image. It crushed me to hear that. You need to camp on the times you feel good about your self and build on it . Give yourself words of life, find friends that listen and encourage you, that build  you up, and you build should build them up , everyone and I mean everyone is insecure . Today’s society sucks. All the social media and constant picture taking is hurting more than helping. Your not alone if that helps at all. Everyone and I mean everyone feels “awkward at some point” all models, actress and your friends. In fact is, you may not know it Instagram is being  taken before Congress  because young girls are hurting and they knew about  it and are being asked to take some responsibility  Remember there are people all over the planet with various problems like with scars, wounds, burns, born with  physical diablitys and I am sure at times they don’t feel good about them selfs but they carry on and realize they are here for a purpose and you are too. Looks seem important now but what’s inside is really what matters. 
I hope I did not offend anyone 

On 9/20/2021 at 4:46 PM, anon0000 said:

i cant bring myself to look at the mirror . most my life ive been made fun of looking a certain way. it started when i was 12.  honestly no kid that young should even be worrying about their appearance like that. recently ive started to like my appearance but when i feel this way for a few days it all comes crashing down and i end up feeling like shit for however long after. im a harmless person and ive never bullied anyone for looking a certain way, but people are dickheads and dont care and dont know how harmful their words can be. if anything its taught me to be wary of my words to others because i wouldnt wish this upon anyone. i just wish people wouldnt focus on appearance as much and to go as far as bully the person. its a shitty feeling when even people you dont know make comments about your face or body.  even as many times as people say im pretty i just cant accept it.  i end up covering all my insecurities with makeup but even then, its never enough. feeling this way makes me feel like like im useless and so much less when everyone around me is so pretty. i feel like im the "ugly" friend in my friend group. all of my friends get attention from both guys and girls while i get none. it makes me question whether im really that bad looking.  when i look back at photos of myself i just cant bear to keep it on my screen when i look so bad in all of them while all my friends look so good in every photo they've been in. ive been trying so hard to love myself but its never enough. i dont know if ill ever get there.  im sorry i just had to get it all out, i dont think i could keep it all bottled up. 

Hey @anon0000

Thank you coming here to open up and get it all of your chest. How are you feeling after telling us how you're feeling? I hope you're feeling a little bit better. From what you've said, I really get the sense that you're feeling really low about your appearance right now, and have done for a while. I just want you to know that there are other people out there who have this feeling too, and that you're not alone. I think that a really helpful way of moving forward and getting to place where you are happier with how you look is to explore why you started feeling this way. I saw that you've been feeling like this since you were 12, and I'm wondering, did something happen around that time that started making you question how you look? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e