I’m gay

Ellie-may    

• Ditch the Label Staff
16 hours ago, Ellie-may said:

I’m gay but I look straight all the time I’m starting to cuff my jeans and everything but I still look straight and I hate it. Any advice? Xx

Hey @Ellie-may I'm not sure there's a definitive way to not look straight as everyone is so very different. The LGBTQIA+ community is incredibly diverse in how people express their sexuality and/or gender. Can I ask if there a reason why this may be bothering you? 

Staff-Account.png

6 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hey @Ellie-may I'm not sure there's a definitive way to not look straight as everyone is so very different. The LGBTQIA+ community is incredibly diverse in how people express their sexuality and/or gender. Can I ask if there a reason why this may be bothering you? 

I want a girlfriend So badly and cause I don’t look gay it seems no one takes any notice of me xx

• Ditch the Label Staff
2 hours ago, Ellie-may said:

I want a girlfriend So badly and cause I don’t look gay it seems no one takes any notice of me xx

Ah, okay I understand. Even so, I'm wondering whether changing yourself just to try and attract someone would be the best thing to do as ultimately you wouldn't be being yourself.

It seems like a lot to give up and might be a lot of pressure to try and maintain. 

Staff-Account.png

12 hours ago, Blondie said:

Ah, okay I understand. Even so, I'm wondering whether changing yourself just to try and attract someone would be the best thing to do as ultimately you wouldn't be being yourself.

It seems like a lot to give up and might be a lot of pressure to try and maintain. 

I just want to be noticed 😫😂

Hey @Ellie-may

I completely get what you're saying, but Blondie made a good point about how it's a lot of pressure to try and maintain a different way of styling yourself. The best way to attract people is to completely be yourself. What do you think? How are you feeling about everything today? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

13 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @Ellie-may

I completely get what you're saying, but Blondie made a good point about how it's a lot of pressure to try and maintain a different way of styling yourself. The best way to attract people is to completely be yourself. What do you think? How are you feeling about everything today? 

I’m trying to be myself but in my style I feel like I’m not true to myself it’s hard to explain xx

Hey,

Thank you for telling me more about how you're feeling. So, with your style, what do you think might help you to feel like you're being true to yourself?

7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Thank you for telling me more about how you're feeling. So, with your style, what do you think might help you to feel like you're being true to yourself?

I’m not sure  I’ve got one outfit and it’s really hippie it’s really baggy ripped cuffed jeans and a really baggy tie dye T-shirt and I’m so comfortable I feel like myself but that’s the only thing that I have but then I always wear my hair up in a bun and no makeup mum says I don’t look girly enough but I love it xx

Hey,

How are you doing today?

It sounds like you're finding out what kind of style really suits you and matches your personality which must be a nice feeling :). Are you going to get any new clothes anytime soon?  Maybe your mum could help you out! 

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

How are you doing today?

It sounds like you're finding out what kind of style really suits you and matches your personality which must be a nice feeling :). Are you going to get any new clothes anytime soon?  Maybe your mum could help you out! 

No mum doesn’t like my style now as I’m not girly enough like yesterday we went shopping I found these cheap shoes that look like doc martens like black lace up ankle high boots but I tried them on and she made me feel really bad about wanting a pair however I wanted a pair for ages not sure if I just try and find a pair online and just buy them anyway ? Xx

Hey,

Oh, that must be annoying that she thinks you're not girly enough; it's tricky when people think you should dress a certain way because of your assigned sex at birth. Have you explained to her why you want to dress in a different way? Also, yes, definitely get the boots! If you like them and will feel good in them, then go for it!