ADHD

Elise    

I think i have adhd which stands for Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, but i dont know how to tell if i do. Can anyone help me figure out if i do have adhd?

Heyy @Elise

Ah, interesting question - thanks :)

So, can I ask, what makes you think you have ADHD? Have you researching it? When we struggle with attention, it doesn't always mean we have ADHD. It could be that we are distracted, tired, or stressed for example. But yeah, I'm curious to hear about what's going on for you. Speak soon! 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I am constantly needing to do something like clicking a pen or picking at something. Ill shake my leg from time to time. I have a really hard time straguling to pay attention in class and i zone out a lot even when people are talking to me.

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @Elise it can be really useful to rule out other potential causes when figuring this out such as, do you have any stressful or difficult situations going on in your life? On a scale of 1 - 10, how much impact would you say it is having for you in class, at home and when hanging out with your friends?

Staff-Account.png

hey @Elise 

would you like to talk to me about what's going on in your life? we are here for you and you can talk to us about absolutely anything. 

My mom and her boyfriend broke up and now they're arguing any chance they get. My half- sister is his daughter. My mom is planning on moving out but it would be hard because of emily.

Hey,

Ahh, sorry to hear about that :(. How are you feeling about it? We are here for you.

When we are going through a hard time like this, it's good to do things we love as much as possible. I call these pockets of joy :). What are your pockets of joy that you can escape to when you're having a hard time?