I'm crying for no reason

learningbrain    

When I thought about it 

I felt that whenever I'm alone or I'm free. I usually have the urge to cry.

7 -8 months ago 

One time I cried and I don't remember why I cried but it was silly

6 months ago 

One time cried I imagined that I wouldn't be accepted by my parents if I'm a lesbian.(This is also silly)

one or two months ago 

One time I cried because my breast tissues were growing(developing). I got really irritated at that time. I was soo angry. At night my anger increased a lot. I slept eventually. I slept half naked at that time. My grandma was beside me at that time. The next day I woke up.I found it too overwhelming to go to school that day and I cried hestrically. ( I don't know why I cried that much)

Yesterday I cried all of a sudden. I just woke up from my afternoon nap. I found it overwhelming to manage things.I was doing fine before that. I settled down very soon but I wasn't able to stop crying.

My mom suggested to do meditation. So that these overwhelming thoughts are controlled.

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, learningbrain said:

When I thought about it 

I felt that whenever I'm alone or I'm free. I usually have the urge to cry.

7 -8 months ago 

One time I cried and I don't remember why I cried but it was silly

6 months ago 

One time cried I imagined that I wouldn't be accepted by my parents if I'm a lesbian.(This is also silly)

one or two months ago 

One time I cried because my breast tissues were growing(developing). I got really irritated at that time. I was soo angry. At night my anger increased a lot. I slept eventually. I slept half naked at that time. My grandma was beside me at that time. The next day I woke up.I found it too overwhelming to go to school that day and I cried hestrically. ( I don't know why I cried that much)

Yesterday I cried all of a sudden. I just woke up from my afternoon nap. I found it overwhelming to manage things.I was doing fine before that. I settled down very soon but I wasn't able to stop crying.

My mom suggested to do meditation. So that these overwhelming thoughts are controlled.

Hi @learningbrain, thanks so much for sharing some of your thoughts and feelings with us.

It sounds like crying is acting as something of a physical release for you, as it does with many of us. Do you find that you feel any better once you have cried?

It's interesting that you say you are crying for no reason. From what you've written, there do seem to be at least some issues that have previously been on your mind and may have contributed to you crying. Perhaps it can feel like the crying has come from nowhere because it is a delayed effect for you. In other words, it comes on a while after whatever it is that has been previously bothering you. Do you think that's a possibility?

I like your mum's suggestion of meditating. Sometimes that can give us the headspace to clear our mind a little or explore what thoughts seem to be present when we pay closer attention. Perhaps it would also help to talk with someone who you trust about how you are doing. Sometimes discussing things with someone you feel safe and secure with can help bring things to the surface. Do you have someone in your life that you can talk with in this way? And do you think this might be something that could help you better understand why you are feeling the urge to cry? It would be good to hear your thoughts on this.