What I did today

jazzy.sky Β  Β 

This topic will be a thread (if I hopefully figure out how to do that!)

Basically it should be a place where you can drop in the thread what you did today during your skate session and you can look back to see your progression over time!

Also a good place to ask for help on certain tricks or to give good tips on tricks you can do!

Most importantly,Β  have fun sk8ing!

Posted (edited)

This Saturday I woke up early to go to my usual skatepark which is quite small but good for learningΒ 

Long story short, there were too many people (the place is so small that when there's 2 or more people, it gets crowded) so I left to go home

On the way back I decided to go to my local skatepark which is a lot bigger but there's a lot more people and gangs of kids who rock up so that's why I never go

But I still went and it was completely empty! Had the entire park for myself which was epic and I landed some good ollies for the first time (not very high as my board is old and the pop isn't very crisp)Β 

Did some new tricks like rolling into a bank and pumping on the ramps

I still need to learn how to kick turn tho but that will happen soon

Overall I got to skate for an hour uninterrupted and it was the best thing ever!! My dad and I got to chill out in the sunΒ 

Edited by jazzy.sky
Spelling mistakes lol
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Today's update!!

I went back to my local skatepark since the first time I went there was nobody

(I went to the park a few weeks ago and there was nobody but within 5 mins it got full to the brim with scooter kids which I have no problem with except that they were like 4 years old and not respectful of waiting their turn so I had to leave before anyone got injured)

But yeah, I went today and there was nobodyyyy yayy

It was honestly so glorious, even better than the first time I went because I was there for 3 hours! My parents had a nice walk around the huge park so they weren't too bored (I hope)

It was super sunny and not too warm, a gentle breeze and so peaceful. I felt like I was in skate heaven haha

Practiced my ollies (which for the record have improved so much, finally getting some height but still struggling to pop which is annoying cos I can pop)

I did some ramp practice and learnt a new trick of going up a bank and them rolling into another bank which takes you up a steep ramp (that was my fav part of the skatepark for sure)

I tried the bowl but im not comfortable carving yet so that was a pass for now

But it was sooooo lovely

I even met a pro skater on the way out who skates everyday and he has a YouTube channel called Object Barns to teach skateboarding which is so rad

And yeah overall, had an awesome day skating!!!

Edited by jazzy.sky
Spelling mistakes lol

Γ—
Γ—