What I did today

jazzy.sky    

This topic will be a thread (if I hopefully figure out how to do that!)

Basically it should be a place where you can drop in the thread what you did today during your skate session and you can look back to see your progression over time!

Also a good place to ask for help on certain tricks or to give good tips on tricks you can do!

Most importantly,  have fun sk8ing!

Posted (edited)

This Saturday I woke up early to go to my usual skatepark which is quite small but good for learning 

Long story short, there were too many people (the place is so small that when there's 2 or more people, it gets crowded) so I left to go home

On the way back I decided to go to my local skatepark which is a lot bigger but there's a lot more people and gangs of kids who rock up so that's why I never go

But I still went and it was completely empty! Had the entire park for myself which was epic and I landed some good ollies for the first time (not very high as my board is old and the pop isn't very crisp) 

Did some new tricks like rolling into a bank and pumping on the ramps

I still need to learn how to kick turn tho but that will happen soon

Overall I got to skate for an hour uninterrupted and it was the best thing ever!! My dad and I got to chill out in the sun 

Edited by jazzy.sky
Spelling mistakes lol
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Today's update!!

I went back to my local skatepark since the first time I went there was nobody

(I went to the park a few weeks ago and there was nobody but within 5 mins it got full to the brim with scooter kids which I have no problem with except that they were like 4 years old and not respectful of waiting their turn so I had to leave before anyone got injured)

But yeah, I went today and there was nobodyyyy yayy

It was honestly so glorious, even better than the first time I went because I was there for 3 hours! My parents had a nice walk around the huge park so they weren't too bored (I hope)

It was super sunny and not too warm, a gentle breeze and so peaceful. I felt like I was in skate heaven haha

Practiced my ollies (which for the record have improved so much, finally getting some height but still struggling to pop which is annoying cos I can pop)

I did some ramp practice and learnt a new trick of going up a bank and them rolling into another bank which takes you up a steep ramp (that was my fav part of the skatepark for sure)

I tried the bowl but im not comfortable carving yet so that was a pass for now

But it was sooooo lovely

I even met a pro skater on the way out who skates everyday and he has a YouTube channel called Object Barns to teach skateboarding which is so rad

And yeah overall, had an awesome day skating!!!

Edited by jazzy.sky
Spelling mistakes lol

• 4 weeks later...

Update for today!

Finally back on the board after what feels like forever (probably 3 weeks possibly more)

Went really early this morning before the weather got ugly for half and hour

Super windy but I made progress, getting higher on the ramps and attempted to do a full kick turn out of the ramp - still very much a work in progress

Tried out my new pads and they were super comfy and gave me that extra confidence i needed to try harder and scarier tricks 

Sadly had to leave as the wind was extremely strong and it was freezing but I had an awesome time trying something new and hopefully I can get back on my board super soon ❤️❤️

Saturday skate update!!

As most of you know by now saturdays are my usual sk8 days and today was no exception!

I went to the skate park early this morning but the field next to the park (the skate park is in the field) was hosting a big football match so i didnt go

But i did go back to my sk8 roots and did some street skating around my local park on the roads and that was so much fun!! Practiced some ollies in the dirt and got my heart racing by doing lots of laps around the park on the board which is always great fun

Ir started to rain a bit so i had to skate home quickly (no soggy skateboards!) 

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
On 6/8/2024 at 10:41 AM, jazzy.sky said:

Saturday skate update!!

As most of you know by now saturdays are my usual sk8 days and today was no exception!

I went to the skate park early this morning but the field next to the park (the skate park is in the field) was hosting a big football match so i didnt go

But i did go back to my sk8 roots and did some street skating around my local park on the roads and that was so much fun!! Practiced some ollies in the dirt and got my heart racing by doing lots of laps around the park on the board which is always great fun

Ir started to rain a bit so i had to skate home quickly (no soggy skateboards!) 

Nice! How are your ollies coming along?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lennie said:

Nice! How are your ollies coming along?

Thank you @Lennie!!

Ollies are coming along for once! I can do them pretty well in the dirt but when I roll I can't seem to get that pop - I need to try pushing harder with my foot maybe? Either way, I really hope that i can get them down rolling in the summer!!

How have you been today? 🤗🫂

• Digital Mentor
1 minute ago, jazzy.sky said:

Thank you @Lennie!!

Ollies are coming along for once! I can do them pretty well in the dirt but when I roll I can't seem to get that pop - I need to try pushing harder with my foot maybe? Either way, I really hope that i can get them down rolling in the summer!!

How have you been today? 🤗🫂

Ah good, I'm glad you're making some progress. Practicing them in the dirt is a good way to train them but, I guess there's no substitute for getting those ollies on the pavement as you skate. I do remember having trouble getting that pop too when I used to try as a kid. I think it's one of those skills where it feels like you're just not fully going to ever do it, and then one day everything just clicks. Hopefully we'll have nice weather for the next few months and you'll have plenty of opportunities to practice 🛹🤞

I'm doing well, thanks. I've been watching plenty of the French Open (Roland Garros) tennis tournament over the past couple of weeks, which has been amazing. 

• Hug 1

8 minutes ago, Lennie said:

Ah good, I'm glad you're making some progress. Practicing them in the dirt is a good way to train them but, I guess there's no substitute for getting those ollies on the pavement as you skate. I do remember having trouble getting that pop too when I used to try as a kid. I think it's one of those skills where it feels like you're just not fully going to ever do it, and then one day everything just clicks. Hopefully we'll have nice weather for the next few months and you'll have plenty of opportunities to practice 🛹🤞

I'm doing well, thanks. I've been watching plenty of the French Open (Roland Garros) tennis tournament over the past couple of weeks, which has been amazing. 

Thank you sm Lennie!! You're awesome 😊🔥✨

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who struggles/struggled with popping an ollie, I will be sure to keep you updated on the progress (if and when I get to go skate!)

That's so cool!! It sounds epic, who are you rooting for?

• Digital Mentor

Thank you sm Lennie!! You're awesome 😊🔥✨

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who struggles/struggled with popping an ollie, I will be sure to keep you updated on the progress (if and when I get to go skate!)

That's so cool!! It sounds epic, who are you rooting for?

Thanks @jazzy.sky, so are you! 😊🛹

Yes, I'm invested and fully hoping to hear that you have the ollie nailed sometime later this summer.

I was rooting for Carlos Alcaraz, he's this young Spanish Guy who has already won 3 grand slams and he's only just turned 21. He won in the final this past Sunday in an epic 4-hour match 🎾🔥

• Hug 1

1 minute ago, Lennie said:

Thanks @jazzy.sky, so are you! 😊🛹

Yes, I'm invested and fully hoping to hear that you have the ollie nailed sometime later this summer.

I was rooting for Carlos Alcaraz, he's this young Spanish Guy who has already won 3 grand slams and he's only just turned 21. He won in the final this past Sunday in an epic 4-hour match 🎾🔥

Aww thank youuuu!! 😊 💞

Awww in that case I must make sure to get them down and update you!

Oooh wow! I'm so uneducated when it comes to tennis - genuinely shocking how little I know so I am so happy to learn from you Lennie!

Carlos sounds like a legend and knowing that you are rooting for him, I'm rooting for him too!

Also random question Lennie but what is your fav thing about tennis? 🎾 

• Digital Mentor

Aww thank youuuu!! 😊 💞

Awww in that case I must make sure to get them down and update you!

Oooh wow! I'm so uneducated when it comes to tennis - genuinely shocking how little I know so I am so happy to learn from you Lennie!

Carlos sounds like a legend and knowing that you are rooting for him, I'm rooting for him too!

Also random question Lennie but what is your fav thing about tennis? 🎾 

Yes, please do. I'm rooting for you!

As far as my fav thing about tennis, I think that as I've begun playing tennis myself, it's just given me a greater appreciation of how unbelievably athletic and talented the pros are. Mentally and physically it's such a demanding sport, so I'm just in awe of how the top players perform in these competitions under all that pressure. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lennie said:

Yes, please do. I'm rooting for you!

As far as my fav thing about tennis, I think that as I've begun playing tennis myself, it's just given me a greater appreciation of how unbelievably athletic and talented the pros are. Mentally and physically it's such a demanding sport, so I'm just in awe of how the top players perform in these competitions under all that pressure. 

Awww that made my day thank you Lennie!! 💖

That's so true, I still remember playing tennis in school and it is so exhausting so you are absolutely right about that

How the pros manage to do it and how you play too, is just astonishing 👏👏👏

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor

@jazzy.sky I love this one. The guts, the skill and the payoff are amazing! 🛹

• Yaaas 1

6 minutes ago, Lennie said:

@jazzy.sky I love this one. The guts, the skill and the payoff are amazing! 🛹

That was epicccc 🔥 

Thank you for sharing Lennie!!

The slams were super gnarly but you are right, that payoff was so dopeee

The level of skill and the confidence to send it each time is incredible 👏👏 what a skater

• Like 1

Another skate update! Today is go skateboarding day!!!!!! So ofc I had to do just that!

Finally back on the board since starting exams 

I've officially finished secondary school as yesterday was my final exam and I celebrated today by going to my skate park

Since its a Friday, no scooter kids and it was super peaceful having g the park to myself

Super sunny and which after skating for almost an hour straight meant I got quite hot haha

Got to go on the ramps and tried to practice the pop of my ollie which is actually progressing a bit!

Got to do some plane spotting too as the RAF is close by and that was epic

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, jazzy.sky said:

Another skate update! Today is go skateboarding day!!!!!! So ofc I had to do just that!

Finally back on the board since starting exams 

I've officially finished secondary school as yesterday was my final exam and I celebrated today by going to my skate park

Since its a Friday, no scooter kids and it was super peaceful having g the park to myself

Super sunny and which after skating for almost an hour straight meant I got quite hot haha

Got to go on the ramps and tried to practice the pop of my ollie which is actually progressing a bit!

Got to do some plane spotting too as the RAF is close by and that was epic

Hi @jazzy.sky - firstly a huge congratulations is in order for finishing your final exam, and finishing secondary school... So, CONGRATULATIONS!!! 🛹🥳🎉

I'm so glad that you got to have a well-deserved skate session in the sun. Nice that you were able to get the park to yourself, too. I know that when it comes to the skatepark, scooters are the nemesis of skateboarders. 

I hope we continue to get have good weather so that you can have lots more summer days like this 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lennie said:

Hi @jazzy.sky - firstly a huge congratulations is in order for finishing your final exam, and finishing secondary school... So, CONGRATULATIONS!!! 🛹🥳🎉

I'm so glad that you got to have a well-deserved skate session in the sun. Nice that you were able to get the park to yourself, too. I know that when it comes to the skatepark, scooters are the nemesis of skateboarders. 

I hope we continue to get have good weather so that you can have lots more summer days like this 😎

Hey lovely Lennie!!

Awww thank you so much, that's so kind of you 🤗🥹❤️

Thank youuuu, how has your day been so far?

Haha that's true, scooter kids are our nemesis (especially the parents of said scooter kids) 🤣 

Ooooh yess I hope so too, because you deserve all the good weather possible so you can play tennis and have fun! 🎾 

• Digital Mentor
On 6/21/2024 at 4:37 PM, jazzy.sky said:

Hey lovely Lennie!!

Awww thank you so much, that's so kind of you 🤗🥹❤️

Thank youuuu, how has your day been so far?

Haha that's true, scooter kids are our nemesis (especially the parents of said scooter kids) 🤣 

Ooooh yess I hope so too, because you deserve all the good weather possible so you can play tennis and have fun! 🎾 

Hi @jazzy.sky - I'm so sorry, this message completely flew under my radar! I just came to check on clubs and noticed that you replied.

To answer you question - my day is going well and I'm enjoying the lovely weather we are having in the south of England. I'm going to watch my first live tennis tournament on Friday, so I'm hoping the weather stays like this for at least a couple more days.

How's the skating been going? Have you got much practice in since Friday? If so, I'm hoping that it was scooter-free at the skate park... and scooter-parent-free 😀 🛹

• Hug 1

1 hour ago, Lennie said:

Hi @jazzy.sky - I'm so sorry, this message completely flew under my radar! I just came to check on clubs and noticed that you replied.

To answer you question - my day is going well and I'm enjoying the lovely weather we are having in the south of England. I'm going to watch my first live tennis tournament on Friday, so I'm hoping the weather stays like this for at least a couple more days.

How's the skating been going? Have you got much practice in since Friday? If so, I'm hoping that it was scooter-free at the skate park... and scooter-parent-free 😀 🛹

Hey Lennie!!

Awww no don't worry at all! 😂🤗💗

I am so glad to hear that you are having a lovely day so far - the weather here is glorious!

Ooooh how exciting! You must absolutely update me on how that goes!! 🎾 

Skating hasn't really gone anywhere if I'm honest as I have been slightly poorly and I've had a lot of get together and appointments with friends but I am so happy that I got to hang out with my mates and hopefully skating will come soon

Thank you sm for your kind wishes 🙏🏼 😊 

Any major highlights of today?

• Digital Mentor
20 minutes ago, jazzy.sky said:

Hey Lennie!!

Awww no don't worry at all! 😂🤗💗

I am so glad to hear that you are having a lovely day so far - the weather here is glorious!

Ooooh how exciting! You must absolutely update me on how that goes!! 🎾 

Skating hasn't really gone anywhere if I'm honest as I have been slightly poorly and I've had a lot of get together and appointments with friends but I am so happy that I got to hang out with my mates and hopefully skating will come soon

Thank you sm for your kind wishes 🙏🏼 😊 

Any major highlights of today?

Yes, I'll definitely give a tennis update on Monday when I'm back! 🎾

Sorry to hear that you've been a little poorly, I hope you feel better very soon! Nice that you got to spend time with your mates, and yes, there's plenty of time for skating soon enough.

As for the highlight of the day, that'll probably come very soon when I head down to the beach and catch the last of the sun 😎

What's been your highlight of the day?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lennie said:

Yes, I'll definitely give a tennis update on Monday when I'm back! 🎾

Sorry to hear that you've been a little poorly, I hope you feel better very soon! Nice that you got to spend time with your mates, and yes, there's plenty of time for skating soon enough.

As for the highlight of the day, that'll probably come very soon when I head down to the beach and catch the last of the sun 😎

What's been your highlight of the day?

Oooh yay!!

Awww thank you so much Lennie, that means a lot ❤️ 

How gorgeousss, love watching the sunset on the beach!

Highlight of my day was definetly going and having a day out with my friends to celebrate my belated birthday 

It was amazing and we all had an epic time together ❤️ 

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor

Hi @jazzy.sky - how are you? Any skate sessions recently? 🛹

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lennie said:

Hi @jazzy.sky - how are you? Any skate sessions recently? 🛹

Hey lovely Lennie!! Im doing ok thank youuu, bit anxious as i have an early flight to catch tomorrow at a different airport on a different conpany ive never flown with and mt seat usnt guaranteed either as I am on standby so i might be sat next to complete strangers which terrifies me hahaha

I have got a skate ipdate6! Forgot to post on here but on Saturday (29th of June) i went for a chill skate sesh around the neighbourhood as my skate park was busy

How have you been? 🤗✨️ have you been watching the Wimbledon matches? 🎾 

• Digital Mentor
29 minutes ago, jazzy.sky said:

Hey lovely Lennie!! Im doing ok thank youuu, bit anxious as i have an early flight to catch tomorrow at a different airport on a different conpany ive never flown with and mt seat usnt guaranteed either as I am on standby so i might be sat next to complete strangers which terrifies me hahaha

I have got a skate ipdate6! Forgot to post on here but on Saturday (29th of June) i went for a chill skate sesh around the neighbourhood as my skate park was busy

How have you been? 🤗✨️ have you been watching the Wimbledon matches? 🎾 

Hiii - ah yes, I have flown solo quite a few times, so I can relate to having that concern about who you might get sat next to. If it's any reassurance, it's always been fine and I've never had any unpleasant encounters. I do understand though, if you are a nervous flyer you at least want as many of the parts of the flight to be familiar and consistent. I'm sure you'll be fine though, just give yourself plenty of time getting to the airport so you don't have to deal with rushing.

Glad to hear that you managed to get in a skate sesh on Saturday... that board isn't going to olly itself 🛹

And yes, I've been watching plenty of the Wimbledon coverage, how did you guess 😄.  I've been cheering on the young Brits who are still in the comp and doing well. 

Best of luck with the flight tomorrow. I hope it goes smoothly and you get the row to yourself! 🤞

• Like 1